Christina Aguilera: "I'm not going on a diet. Get over it. I'm fine with that."

2 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

People keep throwing around body positivity, but there's nothing positive that comes with the health risks of being overweight.

but Christina is not in a "so overweight that it is a health risk" group... :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

2 hours ago, Britney'sBish said:

People should always push themselves to constantly make improvements. I don't support giving up.

Stop pretending that you care so much about people's / Christina's "health" lol :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: Do you also care so much when someone is smoking? Or even drinking alcohol? Cause those things are also not healthy and "a health risks"... :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

2 hours ago, Roxxy said:

It needed to be said and you said it.

:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

• Dislike 1
  • Like 1
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very disappointed with this comment. 

she looks good photoshopped. She looks like a whale in her shows.

Stream Your Body for clear skin  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Also this:

britney-spears-2007-a-billboard-1548-102

is no where near the same as this:

Christina-Aguilera---Out-in-Santa-Monica

True! But the people thought that back in 2007.:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: (you can still find the articles and read it )

• Love 1
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

she looks good photoshopped. She looks like a whale in her shows.

christina-aguilera-performs-at-a-concertESMeB1JXkAEpibx.jpgchristina-aguilera-performing-for-a-new-3914252c5ed66357651f66e72585443d.jpgChristina-Aguilera---Out-in-Santa-Monica

thats really rude calling her a whale. lol 

you picked very bad pics, besides that the clothes are really not flattering... 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

Christina Aguilera says she's not going on a diet in the foreseeable future, so haters / people judging her body are just going to have to deal with it.

Xtina lands in the new issue of L'Officiel Italia. In it, she says:

I have a couple of thoughts about this.

I love the confidence and the no f---s attitude. I try to live my life only giving f---s to the things I care about.

However, I think it'd be beneficial if Legend X, and anyone else interested in ramping up their healthy lifestyle, viewed nutrition in a different light.

The word "diet" has a lot of emotion and stigma behind it.

Watching what you eat, being mindful of macro and micro nutrients, learning when to stop eating when you're full, portion control etc... these are all really powerful tools to becoming your best self.

I do love body positivity, but I also love when people strive to better themselves (versus complacency – btw not saying Xtina is being complacent – just speaking in general terms).

I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive or that I know it all. From personal experience, I have lived my life with and without focus on nutrition, and I find that dialing things in nutrition-wise gave me a fuller life (pun intended sigh). 

Of course Xtina has the right to live however she wants to. As does anyone! It's HER body and I respect that. 

Maybe it's hard for me to see outside of my bubble. Exhale, what are your thoughts on this?

Related:

xtina-diet.jpg.f34af3e154dcfd70df78cb9aa883e5bc.jpg

Jordan,

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way (although it probably will), but I find it very difficult to take your views and thoughts on body positivity seriously. I follow you on Facebook and while I commend you for your dedication to health and fitness (I am too), the photos and images you present don't scream "love yourself the way you are." They scream, "the only way to be happy is to look the way I do."

It's a difficult topic because on one hand, living a healthy lifestyle does usually involve looking a certain way, but it's when we put so much emphasis on the image rather than the lifestyle that fitness enthusiasts lose me. I don't blame you though, if I had your body, I would probably flaunt it like you do, but you have to be real and true to what you're doing. You're not "showing off" to motivate others, you're likely doing it to actually "show off" and people can see right through that. 

Am I saying that you should be ashamed of your body or your accomplishments? Absolutely not...but please don't try and be a poster boy for body positivity when everything you do and post suggests the complete opposite.

Still love you though! :)

• Love 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, Sia said:

Jordan,

I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way (although it probably will), but I find it very difficult to take your views and thoughts on body positivity seriously. I follow you on Facebook and while I commend you for your dedication to health and fitness (I am too), the photos and images you present don't scream "love yourself the way you are." They scream, "the only way to be happy is to look the way I do."

It's a difficult topic because on one hand, living a healthy lifestyle does usually involve looking a certain way, but it's when we put so much emphasis on the image rather than the lifestyle that fitness enthusiasts lose me. I don't blame you though, if I had your body, I would probably flaunt it like you do, but you have to be real and true to what you're doing. You're not "showing off" to motivate others, you're likely doing it to actually "show off" and people can see right through that. 

Am I saying that you should be ashamed of your body or your accomplishments? Absolutely not...but please don't try and be a poster boy for body positivity when everything you do and post suggests the complete opposite.

Still love you though! :)

Omg you just dragged the **** outa Jordan :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated: 

I think Jordan is just proud of the hard work and progress but it just comes off like arrogance to you maybe. Britney Spears has been fit all her life so she doesn’t come off like that. But Jordan I would like to know what you eat 

please share your meal prep tips Jordan!! Include all, legal and not :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Saw her march 4th before everything closed til 2022 and it was one hell of a concert to go out on. She looked fantastic, the energy she gave off was through the roof and her voice was just flawless! Glad to see she doesn't care. I've hated my body since I was a teenager. Wish I had the confidence she has.

• Love 1

Her weight doesn't really matter for what she does. She's a vocalist, not a dancer. Adele had a lot of success being heavier bc her voice is so good. As long as these girls are healthy then it really shouldn't matter. Lizzo has done a lot for the music community as far as body confidence and wearing whatever she wanted. Everyone else should be able to do the same.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Im guessing as a fan I have watched way more videos of her Vegas Residency and Tour than you guys and because of that I am probably a lot more annoyed.

Imagien Britney being capable of being 2016ney but decided to be ok with being 2011ney because she was so lazy. You all wouldnt like that either.

If you could get the 2016 BBMA performance but instead get her FF promo performance and she says "yeah I dont want to workout lol" wouldnt you as people who pay for her shows be pissed? (Also yes Im aware that she was medicated at the time, Im just trying to use a comparisson that most people here will get.

No one is expecting Christina to look like she did during B2B. She doenst have to be skinny.

She was curvy but in great shape after her first pregnancy.

2008+MTV+Video+Music+Awards+Arrivals+9hLfnkwjKglvguDSg552LdGn5QJDi0vWh43tEb_mO5Lchristina-aguilera-performs-as-part-of-h80.jpgpXwDKafZMEJoLAq-8-UYCXXuwkhkqhqV_EifOC10

2008 vmas?? Did her and brit take a pic together??

5 hours ago, NewDisplayName said:

Maybe she can’t loose a weight and at this point the only thing is to get use to being overweight..

she is a multimillionaire... she can afford a personal trainer and a cook.

5 hours ago, portrait said:

thats really rude calling her a whale. lol 

you picked very bad pics, besides that the clothes are really not flattering... 

These are literally screenshots of her..

25083484f145a1162dba0a469bfec36105e621c4

• Love 1

I actually really enjoyed reading this thread lol Obviously with my bag of 🍿

Anyway, no one asked for my opinion but here it goes. I agree with both sides for sure. On one end you want people to feel comfortable in their own skin, but you also want to make sure this doesn’t affect your health. 

I loooooove the fact that it was brought up that just because we are stans, we can’t criticize the work or personal decisions our faves make. Nowadays people literally brown nose everything single thing and it’s getting ridiculous. Feedback should be allowed, or at least a point of view. However, we do need to watch the words we use to get our point across. 

“That’s all” (read as if you were Miranda Priestly) 

• Like 1
Just now, Thecodeman25 said:

That’s all fine and good but she WILL do Lipo and butt implants multiple times. Sounds more like laziness than BODY POSITIVITY in her instance 

exactly. She got butt implants and lipo on her face and belly and her face is full of botox and fillers and she edits the crap out of her pictures.. stop preaching something you dont follow. she is now heavier than she was during Lotus but for some reason her belly is flatter, her butt is completly different and her cheeks and chin are nor as bad.

• Like 2

I think her forms r in a way rebel to a showbiz. Like they need those glamed skinny girls to sell sec. And she just goes her way. I do not think she has nutrition problem. I mean she is celebrity who can buy any healthy food. Probably she just doesn't like exercising and doing heavy cardio or running. With age metabolism also can be worse.

Also i think she has that trauma she had during genie in a bottle times. Smth psycological probably

If she is fine with her weight i am ok her being new Adele. Her last songs for mulan were real treat

I feel like “going on a diet” isn’t a healthy thing at all. It’s better to just have consistent eating habits that are good for your body. That being said, I don’t think Xtina needs to lose weight or be thinner necessarily, but I think when she’s perfoeming/touring she needs be in better shape, nothing about being skinny, but I saw her residency last year and she seemed out of breathe during uptempo songs and like she couldn’t dance/move that well. I lived in Vegas and knew someone who worked wardrobe on the shows at planet Hollywood, he said she got wheel chaired to the stage. Idk, that seems extreme to me if true. It’s not about how she looks, it’s about having more stamina. I mean she’s in her late 30s but I saw Gwen and Cher the same year and they both moved better. 

• Dislike 1