Dua Lipa’s “Levitating” Levitates to new peak at #5

• Community Super Mods
5 hours ago, Style. said:

I called you out on why Nicki is seen as a joke by the general public and the critics. I will give you five more hours to respond! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

BE WISE ‘CAUSE THIS IS THE 40 VACCINE AND YOU COULD GET SHOT :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Times passed @Blackout2006 :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

• Haha 2

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ava Max >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dua Lupus 

FINALLY!  BUT, WHERE IS THE PROPER MUSIC VIDEO FOR HALLUCINATE? 

Dua posted a picture to her stories celebrating her latest single Levitating jumping to #13 in the UK. It becomes Lipa’s 12th top 20 hit on the charts.    Fly away with Dua and stream away 

Posted Images

• Exhale+
10 hours ago, Style. said:

I called you out on why Nicki is seen as a joke by the general public and the critics. I will give you five more hours to respond! :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

BE WISE ‘CAUSE THIS IS THE 40 VACCINE AND YOU COULD GET SHOT :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Times passed @Blackout2006 :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip:

I was sleeping :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 1

“The one and only...Olive Oildrigo :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

I love her but it's sad her label or team felt she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new.

:tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Prisoner with Miley and Fever with Angèle, real duets, should be the ones climbing the Hot 100. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

(Post edited to clarify the first sentence.)

Edited by IUSM
  • Love 1
  • Community Super Mods
2 hours ago, IUSM said:

I love her but it's sad she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new.

Prisoner with Miley and Fever with Angèle, real duets, should be the ones climbing the Hot 100. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Well her recent performances have been without DaBaby so I feel like that’s bringing exposure to the song and may be what’s helping it chart right now. Both versions are radio friendly. I don’t understand why this isn’t a “real duet” though. It’s very radio friendly and a great collab 

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Well her recent performances have been without DaBaby so I feel like that’s bringing exposure to the song and may be what’s helping it chart right now. Both versions are radio friendly. I don’t understand why this isn’t a “real duet” though. It’s very radio friendly and a great collab 

To me, a real duet is a song that was created as a collaboration between two artists from the start, and not a lazy feature added after the original song was created, just to bring exposure.

• Community Super Mods
2 hours ago, IUSM said:

To me, a real duet is a song that was created as a collaboration between two artists from the start, and not a lazy feature added after the original song was created, just to bring exposure.

MATM says hello :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, IUSM said:

I love her but it's sad she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new.

This is very stupid. According to you, the song is a hit because it features a male rapper, not because Dua Lipa have been promoting the song for ages, singing it every time that is possible, and releasing 2 official music videos and several remixes. 

It's so typical to diminish the work of the female artist. 

ALL (the 7) singles from FN are epic in their own way. 

:ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Joman82 said:

This is very stupid. According to you, the song is a hit because it features a male rapper, not because Dua Lipa have been promoting the song for ages, singing it every time that is possible, and releasing 2 official music videos and several remixes. 

It's so typical to diminish the work of the female artist. 

ALL (the 7) singles from FN are epic in their own way. 

:ipass_britney_xfactor_no_words:

No, I am not saying that it's a hit because of DaBaby. Not at all. I believe that Dua Lipa is 100% capable of climbing the charts on her own (Future Nostalgia is full of potential chart-topping songs). This is why I criticise this habit of adding a rapper feature to a pop song to try to "improve" a perfect song and cater to the American public/radios.

I should have phrased my original sentence like this: "it's sad her label or team felt she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new."

• Love 1
4 hours ago, IUSM said:

No, I am not saying that it's a hit because of DaBaby. Not at all. I believe that Dua Lipa is 100% capable of climbing the charts on her own (Future Nostalgia is full of potential chart-topping songs). This is why I criticise this habit of adding a rapper feature to a pop song to try to "improve" a perfect song and cater to the American public/radios.

I should have phrased my original sentence like this: "it's sad her label or team felt she needed a useless feature with a rapper to get a hit with a song that is amazing by itself. DaBaby brings nothing new."

Ok, I see... But, this is a long-due trend in the U.S., and in the majority of the times for female pop singers (it's not a given). This is not typical at all in the U.K., so, in general, I don't think that Dua, her label or her team made this decision to add a feature of a U.S. rapper as a way to "get" a hit in the U.S.

She decided that "Levitating" was going to be a single, that's why both singles version have features. 

• Community Super Mods
1 hour ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

So no one is going to say how Levitating hit a new peak on the BB100? :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Its at #10 :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

I didn’t want to get chewed out about the prediction being false but slayyyyy already outpeaked my girl BMH :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Community Super Mods
1 hour ago, brit4u1998 said:

So it levitated to number 7!?? :ehidk_britney_um_eek:

It was predicted at 7 but ended up at 10. Still a top 10 hit and only rising so get ready to keep on levitating :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2