Buying The "Oops!" Vinyl is Wrong and Indefensible (Opinion)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is no argument to be made. For the past two years, there is no justifiable reason to buy rehashed Britney items like vinyls. Last month, Britney made it publically known that she is refusing to

1. Vinyls such as the one for Record Store Day are to support the small record shops and they order it from the supplier and they pay the supplier. Even if people boycotted this release, team Britney

I respect you and your opinion and I totally understand the circumstances surrounding the Britney products/merchandise and the money and where and who it goes to. But I will have to respectfully disag

Posted Images

• Super Moderators

I respect you and your opinion and I totally understand the circumstances surrounding the Britney products/merchandise and the money and where and who it goes to. But I will have to respectfully disagree. Pre-marital smex is also wrong (I am Roman Catholic) but I do it anyway. I'll fight the conservatorship through other means. That's all I will say about the matter. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 10
  • Haha 5
  • Dislike 10
  • Like 4

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Super Moderators
1 minute ago, Justney said:

She's being forced to work,  threatened,  abused,  forced to take medications,  having no rights to her body or any freedom and YOU don't want to be shamed for feeding the system that has done this to her? 

I agree with OP, it's not justifiable.  She's stopped working she doesn't need to say stop putting money into my team's pockets so they desire to hold onto her for the rest of her life. 

It's the money that they want and you're giving it to them. No matter how small you think your purchase is. It all adds up.  It's been adding up.  They want to drain her entire life for it. Think about it next time you don't want to feel guilty. It's not about shaming you,  it's about realizing what consuming get products are doing to her. What a nightmare that must be to Britney... never being able to have a life because she's sold as a product,  a cash cow.

When. She. Tells. Me. To. Stop. I’ll. Stop. :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

• Love 3
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 15
  • Like 3

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Britney herself promoted Mood Ring (By Demand). I think there is a difference between recorded music and merch such as bottles of perfume or pop ups (such as The Zone) that may earn Team Con more money. That said, such re-issues aren't absolutely necessary—up to each fan to decide.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • Super Moderators
2 minutes ago, Britneylandia said:

She can’t drive her car without permission, she can’t spend her money freely, she even can’t take her own personal medical decisions, how do you expect her to say “please don’t buy anything with my name on it because my abusive conservator and company steal that money from me”? Lol.

It’s so selfish to keep supporting the brand now that we know what’s happening and after having confirmation that she refuses to work and keep making money for that people.

No one 100% knows what is going on with her but herself. She’s refusing to work and that’s 100% okay. This album was already recorded and she didn’t work to put this out. Me buying a vinyl is not going to imprison her for life. Get a grip 

• Love 3
  • Dislike 10
  • Like 3

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Britney’s money also supports Britney as she needs to pay her lawyers too. Yes she has to pay everyone else as well. Where do you think the money comes from that she has to pay all those people with? Everyone is all worried about why her net worth is so low but let’s boycott all the things that would potentially replenish the money she’s having to spend in order to fight for her freedom. Her users can live off the interest of her brand forever, they don’t need more money coming in. 

• Love 2
  • Dislike 3
  • Like 3

I dont think is wrong or indefensible. But I wouldn't buy it. Thats just my opinion... I stopped collecting her albums after Circus. I'm not saying im boycotting since then, im just saying im not that kind of fan anymore. I listen to her music, watch videos... thats all. 

• Love 2

stop criticizing and judging people on things that are only matter of them. not buying/streaming music doesn’t help britney at all, and if someone wants to buy it, that’s fine, i get u think not supporting the brand is helpful and everything but u can not force others to think/do the same as u. 

• Love 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Like 2
  • Exhale+

If you want to hurt her teams wallet, and want to listen to her music without streaming and having it count as money. Download it from Spotify or whatever you stream it. Once you download it for free if you pay for your music to be in high quality sound. They're not making any money, cos you basically ripped it from their server. 

I thought everybody understood the technology and ways of streaming. 

• Dislike 1
  • Like 6

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.