April 1, 2009: Is Britney Spears Trying to End Her Father's Control? (Article)

Is Britney Spears Trying to End Her Father's Control?

Sam Lutfi's sister testifies she smuggled a cell phone to the pop star, at her request, in a hotel sauna

By Ken Lee 

Updated April 01, 2009 08:30 PM

"It seems Britney Spears‘s life has gone from soap opera to spy novel.

Sam Lutfi’s younger sister Christina testified in a Los Angeles court Wednesday that she recently snuck a cell phone to the pop star at a Beverly Hills hotel – a plan allegedly hatched by Spears herself.

Spears, 27, whose phone access is strictly limited by her father Jamie, had initially called Sam’s cell phone number in mid-January to speak with Christina.

“[Britney] told me she wanted to get a hold of Sam,” said Christina, 25, whose brother had once been Spears’s manager. “She wanted him to help her find a lawyer, and wanted someone to get a prepaid cell phone to her. She was scared because her father was blackmailing her with visitation rights over her kids.”

Gym Redezvous

Spears allegedly told Christina to meet her on the fifth floor gym of the Peninsula Hotel on Jan. 16. When Christina arrived, Spears was working out with her mother while a bodyguard stood nearby. But they rendezvoused in a sauna where Christina gave her a phone, saying it was from Sam and ex-boyfriend Adnan Ghalib, which Spears then hid in a locker. “She asked me, ‘Will Sam be able to help me?'” Christina added.

The phone, however, was later discovered by Spears’s security team and confiscated from her purse.

Earlier on Wednesday, Blair Berk, a lawyer for Jamie Spears, testified that Britney “was in such fear [of Sam], she asked if I could get him arrested, to keep him away from her.” As for a purported recording of the pop star circulating the internet in which she allegedly asks for a lawyer’s help in ending her father’s legal control, Berk said the singer repeatedly denied she was seeking outside legal help. Berk also expressed doubt in the recording’s authenticity.

Restraining Order at Issue

For more than a year, a probate court has ruled that Spears “lacks the capacity” to hire any lawyers on her own.

The ongoing hearing is to determine whether to extend a restraining order against Lutfi, 34, whom Britney’s father alleges is harassing his daughter and is conspiring to disrupt his legal control over her life.

Lutfi’s attorney, Bryan Freedman, has denied his client has committed any wrongdoing. “Sam’s only crime was trying to help out a friend,” Freedman tells PEOPLE. “When someone asks for your help, that person is obviously not scared of you or in need of a restraining order.”

Jamie Spears and a lawyer were granted indefinite legal control over the singer following her two forced hospitalizations in early 2008. Their authority will end only after the singer proves to a court – backed by doctors’ opinions – that she can handle her own affairs.

Closing arguments in the restraining order case will be heard on April 21. Lutfi is forbidden to have contact with her until then."

Source: https://people.com/celebrity/is-britney-spears-trying-to-end-her-fathers-control/

:receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Has anyone spoken with Adnan Ghalib lately?

• Like 3

idk, i want to believe this is true but do we support Sam Lufti now? do you guys think he was the good guy but they lied to us into thinking he was evil? I still remember Lynne saying he used to medicate Britney without her consent 

I think Sam Lufti took advantage of her as much as her family if not more, he’s one of the main reason Britney spiraled the way she did and one of the reason her family had the chance to lock her up, so yeah I will never support this horrible person BUT I also believe at some point Britney was so desperate to get out of this conservatorship that maybe she tried to contact him.

She was always against this and she will always will, this is modern day slavery, I can’t believe she’s been 12 years living like a prisoner, being medicated against her will and being threatened with taking her kids away if she doesn’t cooperate.

It’s like these horror movies when someone does something a little weird and they send them to a scary psychiatric center against they will where they treat patients so bad and the main character is being medicated and treated like a crazy person when he or she really isn’t and then before the end there’s a point where the main character starts to believe the lies and that he/she is actually crazy and starts to cooperate right before the end when he/she fights again and wins the “battle” and gets to escape.

I just hope Britney gets her happy ending and these people get the ending that they deserve, in jail and with 0 money. 

**** you Jamie Spears, Lou M. Taylor and the rest of you psychopaths.

FREE BRITNEY!!!

• Love 1
  • Like 5

I believe Sam Lutfi was originally hired by Lou Taylor to plant drugs in Britney's Malibu mansion in February 2007 so that they could force her into rehab.

Once she was in rehab she lost custody of the boys, and her entire Team (Jamie, Lou, Larry, Lynne + Kevin, and Kevin's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan) had the upper hand from there.

Once that happened, the conservatorship was inevitable.

Re-read Lynne's book "Through the Storm" and pay attention to how Lynne speaks about Lutfi.

Read between the lines. It's all there.

It is that fact that Lutfi has held over them all of this time.

On a side note...

Adnan Ghalib would be a perfect person to testify on Britney's behalf in court...If he's able to break his NDA. 

• Like 1
On 9/27/2020 at 12:28 PM, ElenaB said:

idk, i want to believe this is true but do we support Sam Lufti now? do you guys think he was the good guy but they lied to us into thinking he was evil? I still remember Lynne saying he used to medicate Britney without her consent 

Sam Lutfi is a snake who should not be trusted.

However...

He has a ton of dirt on her Team. That is why they are so fearful of him. 

It was never about what he might do to Britney. It was always about what he might do to them.

• Like 4
On 9/27/2020 at 2:35 PM, argentinian.in.telaviv said:

Maybe that's the phone that one guy (a worker in an arena or something) found during the Circus Tour, and they took it away? Someone has that twitter thread ?

That's a different phone.

Sam Lutfi and Adnan Ghalib worked together to get her the phone mention in the article. It was Lutfi's sister that handed it to Britney.

Watch FTR again...The scene where she was imitating her dad, but simultaneously texting someone on a cell phone while she was doing it.

Once under the conservatorship, Britney was constantly using other people's phones in an attempt to communicate with the outside world.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

That's a different phone.

Sam Lutfi and Adnan Ghalib worked together to get her the phone mention in the article. It was Lutfi's sister that handed it to Britney.

Watch FTR again...The scene where she was imitating her dad, but simultaneously texting someone on a cell phone while she was doing it.

Once under the conservatorship, Britney was constantly using other people's phones in an attempt to communicate with the outside world.

omg is that what she was doing? omg!!!