Jump to content

EVERGLOW - LA DI DA ("Blinding Lights" Meets K-Pop / Song of the Year)


Recommended Posts

  • Exhale+

I've been waiting for this release for a while now, and it has floored me more than I ever expected it to. I really can't get over how incredible this song is. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: It combines 80s revival and synthwave with the best parts of K-Pop: extremely dynamic melodies, song structures, raps and of course visuals. The Weeknd influence is very obvious too, and I couldn't be happier that both disco music and 80s synth-pop are the new trend because that's the type of sound I enjoy most. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: The fact that this song has an actual chorus instead of a bare instrumental... :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I have one criticism, though, and that is the English lyrics. The parts about "haters" and stuff are pretty embarrassing. While I'm almost 100% immune to cringe in K-Pop, I'm worried that some of y'all are gonna be turned off by that, but what can you do, I guess... :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Going to tag some people that might be interested because this gem truly deserves the spotlight:

Also, @Slayer, since you're the resident Little Mix stan here, on Exhale, I was wondering if you think the first half of this MV is really quite similar to their MV for "DNA" because I most certainly do. That was my first thought when watching the video. :)everglow.jpg.80fff10f652ebd6f19b3d3ed24e5218f.jpg

💋 i can't stop me 💋

Link to post

  • Exhale+
4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

The Weeknd influence is very obvious too, and I couldn't be happier that both disco music and 80s synth-pop are the new trend because that's the type of sound I enjoy most. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Same! so done with the trap/rap trash :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

10 clown points deducted for stanning this song. Keep it up, Luv. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

And...how did these clown points come? :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post

I was waiting for someone to create the topic.

I looooooved the video, the song not so much. I’m happy that Mia didn’t sing the whole song :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: but still I’m sad that e:u had almost no important lines

Link to post
  • Exhale+
Just now, iAlwaysSingLive said:

by you being you  a clown :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Omg nnn not u using my clownery against me nnn :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

But u told me not to be too hard on myself :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat:

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
Just now, rodrigobjs said:

I was waiting for someone to create the topic.

I looooooved the video, the song not so much. I’m happy that Mia didn’t sing the whole song :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: but still I’m sad that e:u had almost no important lines

It's a shame you didn't love the song as much as I did, but oh well. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: And yeah, while E:U could've had more lines, the rest got their fair share. Especially since the lines they got were ACTUAL lines, not just some little chants or background vocals here and there like in their previous songs. :)

💋 i can't stop me 💋

Link to post
Just now, iAlwaysSingLive said:

It's a shame you didn't love the song as much as I did, but oh well. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: And yeah, while E:U could've had more lines, the rest got their fair share. Especially since the lines they got were ACTUAL lines, not just some little chants or background vocals here and there like in their previous songs. :)

Onda is singing :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes: I couldn’t believe that when I was watching the video for the first time

Link to post
  • Exhale+
12 minutes ago, rodrigobjs said:

@iAlwaysSingLive have you seen the line distribuction for Untouchable!?? I’m sooooo angry that e:u didn’t have a chance to show some vocals. I’m not listening to this song as a sign of protest :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

I actually haven't listened to any of their b-sides. :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Just checked, though, and she only got 4 seconds, omg... That is tragic. :blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom: At least it's not as bad as this, though:

Spoiler

 

:walkin_fire_meltdown_burning_flames_panic_mess_exhell:

💋 i can't stop me 💋

Link to post
3 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Also, @Slayer, since you're the resident Little Mix stan here, on Exhale, I was wondering if you think the first half of this MV is really quite similar to their MV for "DNA" because I most certainly do. That was my first thought when watching the video. :)everglow.jpg.80fff10f652ebd6f19b3d3ed24e5218f.jpg

Omg I can see where you're coming! It definitely reminds me of it too!

Seems like a catchy song! :neydedance_purple:

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

Link to post
  • Exhale+
8 hours ago, JohanLiebert said:

Honestly, i love men but Aisha can step on me anytime ... She's so dangerous :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot:

Yes, omg. The amount of sass, attitude, charm and presence these girls have (especially Aisha and Mia) is insane. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

💋 i can't stop me 💋

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block