This Day in Pop: Britney releases My Prerogative single in 2004 (September 21)

• Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

That's a fierce single cover. So, radio stations did not play it much in the US? Was it still because of the Clear Channel ban?

I don’t think it had to do with that since it got lifted with Toxic, but I remember this was around the time most people started trashing her more often than before and Kfed didn’t help the situation 

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

I'm sad she never got to perform it live, it could have been epic. Also the music video is one of her best, love how dark sexy and intriguing it is. I remember the Greatest Hits was very sucessfull here in europe and i was obsessed with the DVD they released with all her music videos <3

• Love 3
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Arckangel said:

That's a fierce single cover. So, radio stations did not play it much in the US? Was it still because of the Clear Channel ban?

I think this picture they used for the single cover is actually  from the "I Love Rock N Roll" music video shooting, a bit random . No, she wasn't anymore (it ended after the Britney era), but she had terrible reviews due to the fact that it was a Bobby Brown cover and that ***hole is overrated as hell in the US. It did good in Europe though.

2 hours ago, YannFrance said:

I remember the Greatest Hits was very sucessfull here in europe and i was obsessed with the DVD they released with all her music videos <3

Same! The dvd was so cool, we had a lot of content on it with all the alternatives scenes ect. 

One of her most underrated singles, I never understood how it was a big hit everywhere except in the US. It went top 10 in over 20 countries (including #1 in 4), #2 in Europe, #7 in Australia, was even a hit in Russia and charted in Japan (which was rare for english songs), but somehow it didn't even chart on the hot 100 in the US :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

What gem and what great music video. We were about to have a live performance of the song on Domination and I was so excited to see it. Hopefully we get to see a MP live performance on day. 

• Exhale+

All of you rooting for her to perform this song live while shes under the conservatorship are delusional :flop_britney_candies:‘s

Im glad she hasn’t performed it live. Its a mockery to her. The song IS iconic but still

I don't need permission, make my own decisions :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

*~Living Legend You Can Look But Don't Touch :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:~*

• Exhale+
6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Its better than the original "My Prerogative", change my mind and you will fail like Lotus :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Spill that tea :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀