This Day in Pop: Britney's My Prerogative music video premieres in 2004 (September 16)

51 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

myprerogativev.jpg.b6d2e37e6d535cb1ffb2d229600c3795.jpg 003.jpg

On September 16, 2004, Britney Spears' My Prerogative music video premiered on TRL. It was the lead single off the upcoming Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, her first compilation album.

XRAY_VIDEO_MyPrerogative_00250.jpg

This was the first music video she shot after the knee injury she suffered on the videoshoot of Outrageous. This video was directed by Jake Nava and it was inspired on the old Hollywood glamour. In the video, Kevin Federline makes a cameo and towards the end, a priest celebrates their wedding. Their real wedding would take place just 4 days after the premiere of the video.

We see her driving a Porsche into a pool, wandering around in lingerie, and there's also some scenes in the bed that are shot in black and white. There's an alternative video, "the bed version" which only shows footage from this set. It was included on the Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD.

It spent 47 days on the TRL countdown, and it landed at #7 on the MTV Latin America's yearly Top 100 (Los 100 + Pedidos) of 2004.

001.jpg

010.jpg

XRAY_VIDEO_MyPrerogative_00445.jpg

XRAY_VIDEO_MyPrerogative_00751.jpg

Hiii 

can you make a post about MTV los 10 mas pedidos  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 

beautiful memories 

tenor.gif

I remember arriving from school and find stronger at #1 every single day... iconic 

I remember being pissed off at this video. I had tickets to her Onyx Hotel tour and then she "hurt her knee", but was seen everywhere with KFed, and canceled the tour. This came out like 2 weeks later or so, and she was fuqing dancing in it.gif gifs Black and White music video britney spears 2 1000k godney  henrrydelavega My Prerogative henrrydelavega •

I was sooo mad because I had really close seats.  She was mesmerized by Meat Pole.

Britney, Kevin need viewers

ANYWAYS, she is hot, the video treatment had never been done before. Icon. Legend. Britney.:praisega_gaga_amazing_brilliant_show_stopping_showstopping_sunglasses_incredible_yas_Yes:

• Love 3
  • Haha 5
  • Super Moderators
1 hour ago, JP9101 said:

Hiii 

beautiful memories 

tenor.gif

I remember arriving from school and find stronger at #1 every single day... iconic 

Yeah I used to watch it too, but there really aren't many videos or exact information about the countdowns, as there is for TRL.

All we have are the lists from Los 100 + Pedidos

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

I remember getting so excited that while watching MTV, the opening scene with the tires screeching would pop up and I knew it was MP music video. So daaaaaayum sexy. 
Great trivia about los 100 Más Pedidos Of 2004 in MTV Latín America (north). Btw, it’s been almost 16 years and I can’t get over the fact that they just didn’t include ‘Toxic’ in the countdown, it was outright stupid. But well, that year-end show had the fame of being totally unfair. 

3 hours ago, JP9101 said:

Hiii 

beautiful memories 

tenor.gif

Great suggestion! I had a love/hate relationship with Los 100 más Pedidos. I would be so excited about and even used to make my own predictions based on Los 10 más Pedidos (yes, I followed them daily, which I believe was your case too). But then, I would always end up dissatisfied and disappointed because of all of their blatant omissions. 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah I used to watch it too, but there really aren't many videos or exact information about the countdowns, as there is for TRL.

All we have are the lists from Los 100 + Pedidos

I have receipts, at least for some years. I found this amazing blog. RN I will go back to sleep because I woke up cuz I had to pee lol. Once I’m up again I’ll point you in that direction. 

• Exhale+

One of my favorite videos :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

The car scene, the bed scene, the scene with her walking through the door and dancing for Kevin :melt_weird_drift_wow:

• Love 2
  • Like 1

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

• Super Moderators
6 hours ago, Adriannn said:

the fact that they just didn’t include ‘Toxic’ in the countdown,

the biggest fraud ever :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

It was chosen as the best mv of 2004 by rolling stone

I always wanted to see more of behind the scenes, what we have is not enough, especially the pool scene

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • Super Moderators
35 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I love this video. It’s a shame it doesn’t get more recognition. It’s very classic Britney.

she really owned the song