Miley Cyrus performed a cover of "Gimme More" on MTV Unplugged: watch

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, I can deal. But if she opens it with "It's Miley B***h" - I'm not down with it.

Miley Cyrus performed cover of Britney Spears' Blackout lead single, "Gimme More" as part of her MTV Unplugged backyard sessions.  Loving the rock n roll vibe to it! This is a hard song to cover,

Posted Images

On 9/14/2020 at 11:48 AM, KrisJ said:

Her voice stinks. Don’t ruin Gimme More 

it's just a tiresome, slightly irritating voice on par with gaga imo :brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:.

Btw this cover feels like blasphemy.
To think Miley is supposed to be such a liberated ***** brand wise, there is nothing slutty or even ******** suggestive about this cover
, it's just bland :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:.

I expected  sultry Gypsy Heart vibes and got stoned careless hippie :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

• Like 1

Im just glad someone big like Miley did GM. People always say Its Britney *****, but they always cover BOMT, Toxic or Oops. Britney has so many iconic songs, so props to Miley for being a real fan and doing another Britneys hit.

• Love 6
  • Like 3
  • Super Administrators
9 hours ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

This proves how AMAZING and important the production of Gimme More is, despite traditional vocal talent.

There's nothing like it - The mix of dark, gritty sexiness - An iconic classic.

:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012::lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

:wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas:

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

It’s all about the arrangement.  If she can make it sound Melody and pull a sweet new sound out of what’s there, it’ll be great.  But gimme more isn’t a very melodic song, so you take away the production and there’s not much there.  She’s gonna have to do some Dolly Pardon magic.

• Super Moderators

It’s surprisingly not bad but it falls a bit flat. Like people said, it’s the playfulness in Britney’s voice that really makes it catchy. Honestly Britney always makes things catchy, rarely can people pull off repeating the same words and not sound boring.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kleinbritney said:

She should continue to cover Blondie. Nobody can sing Britney's songs.

She sounds so amazing in this! Like Gaga, she also should do more rock, it really suits her voice! I also loved her voice when she sang Jolene. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1