Miley Cyrus performed a cover of "Gimme More" on MTV Unplugged: watch

• Super Moderators
3 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

@Roxxy should this be merged with Jordan's thread? 

I thought about that the second this thread was created. But I was too lazy to search for the main thread. :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

I'll merge it now. :bigkiss_britney_kissing:

• Love 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, I can deal. But if she opens it with "It's Miley B***h" - I'm not down with it.

Miley Cyrus performed cover of Britney Spears' Blackout lead single, "Gimme More" as part of her MTV Unplugged backyard sessions.  Loving the rock n roll vibe to it! This is a hard song to cover,

Posted Images

Gimmie More is so Iconic it’s not even funny. One of Britney’s best produced songs period! Miley did a great job spinning the song to fit her. That chorus is a tough one that only Danja could accomplish to sound fresh! 

• Exhale+
8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

it's ok until it reaches the chorus.

There's just no other way to make it sound good besides the original, and by good, I mean "good" 

Yeah its to repetitive and it needs production plus that Britney angelic touch. It only works well that way.

• Like 2
  • Super Administrators
3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

This is amazing (bar the chorus - that part is a bit awkward). I love Miley's voice in general - those deeper tones, that rasp and that country twang... I love everything about it. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

Yes! Same. I think she nailed it :bareclap_beyonce_slow_clapping: It was super original. That song is hard to cover

• Love 3

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Exhale+
21 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

This proves what I’ve thought for years: it’s impossible to sing the Gimme More chorus without sounding cheesy/funny/bad. I don’t know how Britney, Danja, and The Incredible Lago managed to make the actual chorus of the song sound cool, serious, and interesting, because it just sounds so comical when everyone sings it live :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I think what makes the actual chorus so catchy are all the different voices and manners they used to say "more". When I was like 8, I found it so addicting to try and memorize and then mimic the pattern of the voices:

Britney (intonation goes down) > male voice > Britney (intonation goes up)

male voice > siri voice > male voice

Britney (up) > male voice > Britney (up)

Obviously, I've known this pattern for over a decade now, but it's still just as catchy to mimic it 13 years later. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing: When someone sings it without doing the pattern, it loses all of its catchiness. :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Love 8
  • Like 1

💎 you look like you could use some more 💎

• Super Moderators
8 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I think what makes the actual chorus so catchy are all the different voices and manners they used to say "more". When I was like 8, I found it so addicting to try and memorize and then mimic the pattern of the voices:

Britney (intonation goes down) > male voice > Britney (intonation goes up)

Britney (up) > male voice > Britney (up)

Obviously, I've known this pattern for over a decade now, but it's still just as catchy to mimic it 13 years later.  When someone sings it without doing the pattern, it loses all of its catchiness. 

Period, luv. It's the only way I sing Gimme More. If you aren't doing all the different mores, are you really singing Gimme More ? :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

• Love 6

🦄 💛🧡💜