Jump to content

This Day in Pop: Britney wins Best Pop Video at the VMA's 2009 for Womanizer (September 13)


Recommended Posts

  • Super Moderators

2009.jpg.76cc0fe12621f7c4ad2530f730191644.jpg cd0df36b0422a8c57d0bc0c833e6b536.jpg

On September 13, 2009, the MTV Video Music Awards took place at Radio City Music Hall in New York. Britney wasn't able to attend because she was in the middle of her Circus Tour, but received the award for Best Pop Video (Womanizer) via satellite.

 

She was also part of the promo ads of that year

 

Britney was also nominated for 6 other categories:

  • Video of the Year (Womanizer) - lost to Beyoncé's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
  • Best Direction (Circus) - lost to Green Day's 21 Guns
  • Best Choreography (Circus) - lost to Beyoncé's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
  • Best Art Direction (Circus) - lost to Lady Gaga's Paparazzi
  • Best Editing (Circus) - lost to Beyoncé's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
  • Best Cinematography (Circus) - lost to Green Day's 21 Guns

 

Also this happened

 

 

 

 I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Link to post

  • Exhale+
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:
  • Video of the Year (Womanizer) - lost to Beyoncé's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
  • Best Direction (Circus) - lost to Green Day's 21 Guns
  • Best Choreography (Circus) - lost to Beyoncé's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
  • Best Art Direction (Circus) - lost to Lady Gaga's Paparazzi
  • Best Editing (Circus) - lost to Beyoncé's Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
  • Best Cinematography (Circus) - lost to Green Day's 21 Guns

Circus deserved to win Best Cinematography :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
2 hours ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Womanizer deserved Video Of The Year :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Single ladies (put a ring on it) exist :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

EDIT: Not u rats downvoting me when u know im right :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 3
  • Like 1

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post
5 minutes ago, IIOnly PopII said:

Single ladies (put a ring on it) exist :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

but it's mainly a plagiarized dance routine. I was obsessed with it when it came out, but come on, Womanizer didn't recreate move by move someone else's art :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

 

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

sucking femme fatale GIF
These 2 seconds beat the whole Single Ladies MV :deserves:

SL (ROI) choreography and importance in pop culture outbeats womanizer :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1
  • Like 2

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, RachelBerry said:

but it's mainly a plagiarized dance routine. I was obsessed with it when it came out, but come on, Womanizer didn't recreate move by move someone else's art :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

 

But the single ladies video is still more memorable tho even tho Womanizer too is :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post
  • Exhale+
Just now, RachelBerry said:

True, I'm just salty :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

 

However theres more fun into Womanizer, and certified her legend status but single ladies is more memorable, because it was the song that honestly catapulted her into superstardom

Also Beyonce deserved the moment, since it was honestly her only iconic video :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

But i mean, since Taylor won the award, why they didnt give it to Britney instead, if they were going to give it to taylor :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

  • Love 2
  • Dislike 2
  • Like 1

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post
1 minute ago, IIOnly PopII said:

However theres more fun into Womanizer, and certified her legend status but single ladies is more memorable, because it was the song that honestly catapulted her into superstardom

Also Beyonce deserved the moment, since it was honestly her only iconic video :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

But i mean, since Taylor won the award, why they didnt give it to Britney instead, if they were going to give it to taylor :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Agreed. I feel "You Belong With Me" didn't have any lasting relevancy. It's a big song for the Swifties, but the GP probably wouldn't remember the video if asked.  I wonder though, if Britney won that award would Kanye still go on his rant? 

Tumblr Mffsimeb Ty GIF | Gfycat

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, RachelBerry said:

Agreed. I feel "You Belong With Me" didn't have any lasting relevancy. It's a big song for the Swifties, but the GP probably wouldn't remember the video if asked.  I wonder though, if Britney won that award would Kanye still go on his rant? 

Tumblr Mffsimeb Ty GIF | Gfycat

Yeah, the video has TON of views (nearly like..a billion?) but it doesnt have the same power and relevancy womanizer holds :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

The fact Womanizer, a 12 year old song got 500k views randomly this year, already shows which video is more relevant to this day :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

2 minutes ago, RachelBerry said:

  I wonder though, if Britney won that award would Kanye still go on his rant?

Oh...yeah :girlwhat_um_meme_guy_surprised_shocked:

Would he? :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

Tbh, i dont think he would :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Britney just had a major breakdown last year, and was in her comeback era, and he think there would be sympathy NOT to go up stage and give a rant
 

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block