Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Slant Magazine ranks all of Britney's albums from worst to best

1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

To be fair, Britney sold more singles than albums. Pop music is seen as a Singles artists category never an album artist..

Only a few achieved that cos they toss commercial aside and went through album act status.

Michael jackson, Madonna and Prince are always viewed as More than singles, they are The trinity of Pop. 

Just like how the vocal trinity is viewed as Mimi, Celine and Whitney are the standard trinity in vocals. When they get discussed they always mentioned that Mimi however wrote her catalog, actually produced the material. Which always to me is such a slap to Celine and Whitney. 

To me it's always a slap as well that it gets discussed Britney's biggest hits are not Written by her. 

I still remember Rolling Stone said Freakshow, the best song on blackout took 12 people to write it including Britney Spears. 

But always don't forget, @ColdAsFire88ryan Tedder a songwriter/Producer came to Britney's defense when every review of femme fatale noticed Britney didn't write a single song (she did with scary, but it was the Japanese track exclusive so of course that was overlooked).

He said Elvis didn't write, neither did the beatles in their early hits, neither did Paula Abdul, but let's attack And keep smearing Britney Spears cos she latest longer than everybody thought she would. 

She has a loyal fan base that's why she's here and the others are gone. It's just not the songs. They like her as a human being, cos they grew up in a world where status as a celebrity basically meant you wish you had my lifestyle, flashing money. Britney is none of that. She's hated cos she relates to being poor than other celebs who forget where they came from once the cash flow starts. 

He was pissed that the ultimate anti celebrity should be celebrated, and not made fun of or vilified fir refusing to join fashion houses or lines her fans can't afford. 

I love Femme Fatale. Whenever I feel down its one of those albums I listen to. Its also a fun album to get ready to when you are going out...but I am sick of people coming for Britney. She's the biggest underdog IMO but still going. 

We should really be celebrating that a publication views her recent album as her best piece of work. I mean she's 20+ years into her career now...When will Katy? :makeup:

*~Living Legend You Can Look But Don't Touch :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:~*

Ok, this is not my personal ranking, but from the professional side. I would say this her best album ranking:

9.Britney Jean

8.Baby One More Time

7.Oops

6.Circus

5.Femme Fatale

4.Britney

3.Glory

2.In The Zone

1.Blackout

Oops is definitely better than Baby and Britney Jean is the worst, that's a fact

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I love Femme Fatale. Whenever I feel down its one of those albums I listen to. Its also a fun album to get ready to when you are going out...but I am sick of people coming for Britney. She's the biggest underdog IMO but still going. 

We should really be celebrating that a publication views her recent album as her best piece of work. I mean she's 20+ years into her career now...When will Katy? :makeup:

The only reason she is viewed as an underdog. She refused to become a tragedy. Everybody thought she was going to join the iconic but creepy Forever 27 club. They thought she was like Amy Winehouse. 

Like somebody said people would lie if they say they never did coke while clubbing or some drugs to get the effect. 

But Britney wasn't full on Lindsay Lohan addiction, just dabbled here and there like a normal human being trying to have fun. 

I also feel her refusal to lose that human being status in favor of seen as a god like figure like Madonna is, also caused ridicule. 

Remember in Hollywood it's cool to worship Satan or be an atheist. But never a God fearing human being. As that's not selling your soul for Fame..

Do I believe she wants to retire young, Yes. I feel once her passion is gone, and plus her ultimate dream was being a Mom. 

She did find Sam, an angel in disguise, he loves her and isn't dating for celebrity status like all the others did. 

She Found the romance and her children. She did state once her fairy tale happened. She was going to quit the industry. However I feel thx to free Britney she'll probably do a final Album and farewell tour. She never seemed like the artist who wanted to overstay her welcome. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

It house's her own Vogue, But you guys fail to acknowledge the genius of work Bish. Her own runway anthem and ballroom anthem. 

Gurl, Work ***** is good, but not Oops, Stronger and Lucky good. And I thought this was a list of Britney’s album, not Mayah Marie’s.

Not here to put Myah Marie’s work above the iconic Oops album. 

They listened to albums only once as I see :schoolingtime: and I'm not give them my one click  :sneer_purple_hat_smile_smirk_there_tree_:

My ranking at this moment:

1. Britney (Attitude + Best non singles + Overprotected and mostly cause it's really represents Britney) 

2. Blackout  (can't be described.. Every track is a BOP sadly only 5 songs lyrics represent her attitude.. but as her label said back then there is hidden messages + one day I hope I will find them all)

3. Oops (Best singles)

4. Circus (**** m e lol + really decent singes)

5. FF (Good produced singles, + Inside out & HATLM)

6. Glory (Best intros but 70% worst choruses and doesn't have huge BOPS to be addicted to, love to listen at night)

7. In the Zone (Toxic, everytime, The hoop up But don't really listen to it often)

8. BOMT (don't like non singles but BOMT and BTMUH are pure gold of course)

9. BJ (unfinished tracks, was released in hurry imo)

14 hours ago, sullivanSP said:

Not an album artist ? 

Britney’s albums are some of the best for an artist. They all are cohesive bodies of work with themes and also show progression. 

Rude and Incompetent review. 

True!Back then an artist was someone who had great albums but the singles were just ok. Or someone how had gorgeous singles but weak albums like Shakira or Rihanna. (this is not hating. I love them both and have all of their albums and a lot of singles and DVDs.And I even have a bag and a Shakira doll) But Britney is an exception like Madonna. This is very rare.

9. Britney Jean

8. Femme Fatale

7. Baby One More Time

6. Circus

5. Glory

4. Britney

3. Oops I Did It Again

2. Blackout

1. In The Zone

Glory used to be in my holy trinity but I don't know if its the nostalgia hitting me but I just feel like her first four albums cemented her icon status so they need to be given the credit that is due. I feel a bit gross putting BOMT in the bottom 3 but Circus had it's really high points. 

Britney Jean will forever be last. The fact that they put Oops last was a joke lol. 

I love Glory, but her best album? I don’t think so :demi:

You want a piece of me💋

The top 3 are on point, Blackout, ITZ, and Glory are her best work.  Myah Jean is trash and isnt a real Britney album, should always be at the bottom of any list or shouldnnot be featured at all:truthtea:

This is how the list should look

1. In The Zone
2. Glory 
3. Circus 
4. Blackout 
5. Britney 
6. Oops I Did It Again
7. Femme Fatale 
8. Baby One More Time
9. Britney Jean 

Also the comment about her not being an album artist it ridiculous considering 7 out of her 9 albums have been very solid efforts and her albums used to sell way better than her singles! 

Meh... they took the albums that sound most recent / aged well but pulling down all of the 00’s pop bops to the mud. The person who made this list must be under 22.

I’m not afraid to confess: Oops is my favorite. It’s dated but brings back that period of time perfectly. 

3 hours ago, Riko said:

Meh... they took the albums that sound most recent / aged well but pulling down all of the 00’s pop bops to the mud. The person who made this list must be under 22.

I’m not afraid to confess: Oops is my favorite. It’s dated but brings back that period of time perfectly. 

He's actually 50. 

Plus Britney Jean only happened to finish an 8 album deal, and for the support of Piece of me