Tina Fey quizzes Mariah Carey on "Mean Girls." Did Mimi throw shade at Xtina?

Tina Fey quizzed Mean Girls super fan Mariah Carey. 

One of the questions was true or false: Did Damian sing "Genie in a Bottle" at the talent show?

Mariah answered correctly: false!

Tina follows up: do you remember what he does sing?

Mariah: "he sings a different song." :idkha:

Mariah follows up saying she genuinely didn't remember, but Fighters aren't so convinced. 

Not trying to pit these two icons against one another. Just interested in your thoughts :clicktina:

BTW... the correct answer is Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful."

Xtina part starts at 2:05.
mg.jpg.4e3b5594553262d25fe08b2a0f8fe16d.jpg

• Love 3
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When it comes to the true or false question: Damien sang Genie in a bottle at the talent show  Mimi: False Tina: Which song did he sing? Mimi is team Britney 

She seems to know every single small detail not even I could remember but doesn't remember Damian sang "Beautiful"? Which funny enough was the only thing I actually did remember

Watch the part about christina. Its the same thing 🤣. Christina was rude to her so she doesnt know her baha

Posted Images

She seems to know every single small detail not even I could remember but doesn't remember Damian sang "Beautiful"?

Which funny enough was the only thing I actually did remember

drag race shade GIF by Stan.

• Haha 6
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

Of course she did!! I laugh so much when she said "he sings a different song... I don't remember what song"! :haha:

She doesnt know her 😭🤣🤣🤣

christina was rude to her

classy shade

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+

When it comes to the true or false question: Damien sang Genie in a bottle at the talent show 

Mimi: False

Tina: Which song did he sing?

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

Mimi is team Britney :mcry:

*~Living Legend You Can Look But Don't Touch :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:~*

2 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

When it comes to the true or false question: Damien sang Genie in a bottle at the talent show 

Mimi: False

Tina: Which song did he sing?

i dont know her mariah carey GIF

Mimi is team Britney :mcry:

She is Team Britney, that's for sure! But tbh I think she never saw Britney as a competition! Christina was the big vocalist that could steal her spotlight and was called the "voice of her generation"! I think this is the real reason why Mariah loves Britney more than Christina. Of course she appreciates Britney but they were always on different paths. 

• Love 1
  • Like 4

I have been waiting all day to be posted on here !! It was shady, but Mariah knows who’s real and who’s not dahhhhling! She always talked wonders about Britney and if you think about it. Britney once mentioned Xtina crashed a party and tried shoving down her tongue down Britney’s throat, Mariah also had a weird encounter at a party and Xtina also tried swinging at pink at a party... sooooo I believe Mimi haha 

• Exhale+
6 minutes ago, LaLisaManoban said:

She is Team Britney, that's for sure! But tbh I think she never saw Britney as a competition! Christina was the big vocalist that could steal her spotlight and was called the "voice of her generation"! I think this is the real reason why Mariah loves Britney more than Christina. Of course she appreciates Britney but they were always on different paths. 

I don't think its that she didnt feel threatened by Britney...and i doubt she saw xtina as competition. Its that Christina ALWAYS had a nasty attitude. I remember the party crash story too but i also remember her just being catty on TRL at times and she would throw subtle jabs at other artists. Now that shes a :flop: she name drops Britney in any interview while promoting her albums. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3

*~Living Legend You Can Look But Don't Touch :cutesybritney_tongue_britney_p_lick:~*

To be fair,I don't think Mariah was being shady with respect to Christina here.
She actually sings "don't you bring me down" when she remembers the song. That doesn't seem like shade to me because she didn't pay the song dust.

It seemed like a genuine moment of forgetfulness :gimmemoar:
People always assume Mariah is being shady with everything that comes out of her mouth and that's not always the case. Like,sometimes she's just being truthful.:jl:

It did seem like she didn't wanna mention Christina's name but she did sing the part of the song when it was brought up.

I don't remember her ever speaking bad of Christina but as many people have said that she's not that nice of a person so I assume that Mariah doesn't care for her.

The rest of the interview is really cute.  I love how much she loves this movie.  Also I liked that she had actual questions for Tina and they really talked to each other.

PLUS MARIAH'S FAN IN HER OWN HOME CRACKED ME UP!   :billiebarf:

20 minutes ago, Stefani said:

I can never tell whether she's being shady or not.  I've never watched Mean Girls anyway, so I can't pick a side in this stanwar. :idkha:

How can u never watch mean girls!? Thats a crime

10 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Mariah in Mean Girls 2!!!??? Please let this happen!!!  

There's not gonna be a Mean Girls 2 (with the original cast that is) sadly, Tina is referring to the film adaptation of the musical that was announced earlier this year and nobody wants :(