Lady Gaga's "911" short film: all the symbolism and imagery explained

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No!  She sounds like Karen from Spongebob  Alice should be the next single 

Lady Gaga just released a short film for her next Chromatica single, "911." There's SO much symbolism in it. LadyGagaNow put together a thread explaining all of the imagery and what it means. See

Sis this song is about depression and trauma, what do you think 911 is? Disneyland hotline contact? 

Posted Images

Before anyone starts complaining that we didn't get a dance fest, remember she already did everything a pop star could ever aim to achieve in a music video with "G.U.Y.", which basically is the second best female music video after Britney's "Overprotected (DarkChild Remix)", of course:

...and that video does not even have 100 million videos. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND PLANET EARTH.

...sooo, getting a quirky (yet clearly meaningful) video for "911"? I'm here for it. That's Gaga too.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
  • Exhale+
5 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Before anyone starts complaining that we didn't get a dance fest, remember she already did everything a pop star could ever aim to achieve in a music video with "G.U.Y.", which basically is the second best female music video after Britney's "Overprotected (DarkChild Remix)", of course:

...and that video does not even have 100 million videos. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND PLANET EARTH.

...sooo, getting a quirky (yet clearly meaningful) video for "911"? I'm here for it. That's Gaga too.

GUY is a hit for me so screw the rest lol

Anyway, I felt disappointed because I was misled by the VMA performance of 911 thinking it'd be a dance number but still, very creative of Gaga. Can't deny her talent and artistry. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

I feel like there's a lot to unpack here. Exhale. Help me understand 

This is what I got from it. She feels numb and asleep. She keeps weighing the pros and cons to navigating throughout her life but she feels alive and insane at the same time. She doesn't value life because she doesn't feel anything but pain then BAM reality strikes and she's on a stretcher and waking up to her life hanging on by a thread. She doesn't want to die now and she wants to try to live. 

The video for me was a bit triggering because I was diagnosed with depression at the age of 15 after I tried to hurt myself. When you are out you experience something unworldly and you wake up to white lights in your eyes. Its horrifying. 

Anyway, I think everyone can take it differently. That's the beauty about art. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

WOW that was simply amazing. I haven’t absolutely loved a music video in a while. Great song and great video. Love that it had a story and wasn’t just singing in front of a band or dancing in a big group. 10/10, I wasn’t expecting that from her. Reminds me of 2011 gaga. Can’t believe she’s been around for so long wow where did the time go

• Love 1

I really liked the video. It reminds me of when she usually did short films in her music videos early on and told a story, not only showing trends and incredible customes but just trying to leave a message. I love it when she tries to make you think about things in life. It usually revolves around Fame but also a lot of things that we (average ppl) have to deal with in our every day life.

Another thing that I would like to stand out is how mental health plays a role to try to control you and make decisions for you (usually bad choices) and how hard it is to fight against those inner voices in your head. I was seeing all those characters at the beggining of the video as " the inner voices" even thou it was actually an allucination from PTSD, I read it as a personal struggle she was facing with emotions.  

I was kinda shocked at the end of the video where the very first thing she says is: "anybody died?" when she is clearly really hurt from the accident.  

Favorite song off the album, awesome visuals. 
10 points for mother monster.

• Love 1
  • Like 1