Ciara says her #1 debut hit single "Goodies" almost went to Britney Spears

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nah this song sounds like a bonus ttack compared to Britneys discography

It's weird because Britney could have delivered that kind of dancing, singing style, sass, etc. at the time...but I still can't imagine Britney on the track.  Then again Queen is flawless and can

Godney Spears threw her a bone and allowed Ciara to have her one and only hit song. We stan a charity queen. 

Posted Images

On 8/29/2020 at 12:51 AM, jokobish said:

Nahh she couldn’t dance like Ciara at all, but I definitely could see Britney singing this and doing it justice !

What do you mean? Watching the music vid makes me think it's a third grade dancing of Brit's overprotected darkschild remix. It takes one to be a dancer to tell.

I completely forgot about this song that I didn't recognize it until I started playing it!!

Unlike other famous songs that almost went to Britney (such as Umbrella, Sweet Dreams my L.A. Ex, Pulse or Disguise My Love), I can't imagine her singing Goodies, unfortunately :(

I've actually never even heard this song before, I don't think it was a hit in the UK. It must have been released during a quiet time in the charts in USA to do so well, because it's not really very good. I certainly don't think it's superior to any other Britney single, so it's actually a good thing Britney didn't take it :yaknow:

• Haha 1
On 8/28/2020 at 10:29 AM, Britney-fan12332143 said:

mmmm. so would this have been during in the zone era?. well it dose not sound like a sing from ITZ, its more Blackout

What song does it remotely sound close to on Blackout?

If anything, it sounds the most like Boom Boom, The Answer, and Showdown.

30 minutes ago, notacam***** said:

I've actually never even heard this song before, I don't think it was a hit in the UK. It must have been released during a quiet time in the charts in USA to do so well, because it's not really very good. I certainly don't think it's superior to any other Britney single, so it's actually a good thing Britney didn't take it :yaknow:

It did well because of timing.

The classic Lil Jon/Ying Yang Twins sound was so in at the time and its very much the same vein.

19 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

To call Ciara a flop.

Body party is double platinum

I bet was the only Female R&B song to go platinum.

Level up went platinum as well. 

Stop calling her a flop. She still gets certs and actually has a loyal husband. 

Who bought her the masters to her sony music catalog as an anniversary gift.

That's a great husband

Ciara is a local artist. Her tired R&B is not so big worldwide.

• Haha 1

Whether the song would have worked is not important. The fact that the label wanted to give her the best is what I am getting. She really could've gotten any song she wanted and the label would've made it happen I feel. 

• Exhale+
On 8/29/2020 at 11:49 PM, Leolileinstein said:

How stupid. She may be 'irrelevant' bc she didnt had good promoters and worked with a bad team. If she had worked with the right team she would have been relevant. Also her older labels didnt help her at all (remember Jive during the Fantasy Ride era tried to turn Ciara into the black Britney and failed).

Having said that i think Cici had and has still lots of potential to be big and she has some great songs and shes talented :)

Plus let's not forget the way they marketed her as the next Janet Jackson, the timing was everything, Janet got banned on MTV, Ciara was molded as her replacement. In the US it kinda worked..

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.