Katy Perry's new album "Smile” drops to #54 selling 5k copies

• Super Administrators
5 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

OMG guys predictions have already come in and it seems that SMILE is projected to sell 285k sales in the US with a No.1 debut. It is predicted to sell 512k units globally! :ohcrap:

The update :omggg:

My initial post did NOT age well and I'm here for it. 

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watch Britney release B10 in 2021 with a huge world tour and 400k sales in its first week after 23 years in the business at 39 years old after all the positive publicity she’s getting Everyone i

If someone had told me in 2014 that in 6 years a Katy album would flop worse than any Xtina album I never would've believed it. 

I think it will sell between 150k and 200k and reach the #1 spot. There´s been a lot of visual promo and that's a good thing. also the album was promoted more than any Britney album here in Exhal

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

Jordan, Look At The Comments On Twitter, This Person Simply Made A Prediction That Has No Facts/Evidence.  Also, Smile Hasn’t Hit #1 On ITunes In Any Country.  
Edit:  It’s Hit #1 In Some Small Countries.  But Mot In Major Music Markets Like The U.S Or U.K. 

• Haha 1
  • Super Administrators
9 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Jordan, Look At The Comments On Twitter, This Person Simply Made A Prediction That Has No Facts/Evidence.  Also, Smile Hasn’t Hit #1 On ITunes In Any Country.  
Edit:  It’s Hit #1 In Some Small Countries.  But Mot In Major Music Markets Like The U.S Or U.K. 

Oh. :alook:

In that case 1,000,000 units confirmed. 

• Haha 6

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Exhale+
52 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

And yall were saying what? 70k, 80k, 100k :queenflopga:

42 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Watch her pull a Nelly Furtado and sell only 1800 copies. :unbothered:

35 minutes ago, Trentals said:

200.gif
Even here in Australia, where Katy was huge (Rise went to #1 :katyclown:) the album isn’t even top 5 on iTunes. Metallica look like they’ll have the #1 album here. 

I predict another week at #1 for Taylor in the US :brityes: 

29 minutes ago, LaLohan said:

275k wut? :katyclown: me no think so

19 minutes ago, dr35 said:

This has to be the dumbest post I've ever read on here. 😂

Just enjoy the ******* music. Jesus Lord Almighty. 

15 minutes ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

Sweetie, It’s Wayyyy To Early To Have A Reliable Prediction.  And Besides This Person Isn’t Reliable.  She’s Not Getting That Many If The Album Hasn’t Even Hit #1 On ITunes.

14 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Okay :quirkney:

I must confess baby one more time GIF

britney spears GIF

I was in trolling mode, and decided to pick some tweet and post it officially :haha: 

Dont worry guys I’ll change it back :sendinglove:

Its the sales that I hope for tho :tiffanycries:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Exhale+
23 hours ago, jonjon2000 said:

US: 75K-80K

Don't get me wrong, I love this album. I have zero expectations. But I love it. I like the track-list order, I feel that there is a cohesive theme about getting yourself back up, and smiling after crap happens, and sonically is good. She is not redefining music bases, but she does not need to. She just wants to sing and be happy, with the music that makes her happy. And listening to Daisies, and knowing she named her baby Daisy, it took a different meaning to me. Katy is a great songwriter, and I believe she had a double meaning there. Also Not The End of The World, has a slight sound close to Black Widow.

I want to be wrong, and I hope she gets more sales on this one. It's a highly streamable album. At least for me.

• Love 2

I haven’t listened to the album yet, I probably won’t for a while, if ever. My guess would be 75k? 100k if she’s lucky, but possibly less? I really don’t feel like ppl even know she has an album coming out. It’s sorta crazy to think back to 2013 when there was sorta competition between Katy and Gaga, chromatica did 274k and I don’t think Katy has any chance of being anywhere near that. And thinking about Taylor and Katy beefing is kinda funny now too.  I actually like daisies, but everything about this era for her just seems completely generic. 

• Like 2

I love Katy, but I'm seeing a 85k debut. That's what I was thinking originally and seeing everyone's opinions on it, plus my initial reaction to some of the tracks.... let's just say it's not a flop, but it isn't great. I think it'll do better that her flop Witness....:mattafact:

• Like 1
  • Exhale+

Other albums for reference:

• Folklore - 80.6
  • Thank U, Next - 70
  • After Hours - 60.4
  • Lover - 55
  • Chromatica - 48.3
  • When We Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? - 47
  • Changes - 40.4
  • Sweetener - 36
  • Fine Line - 35.1