Jump to content

This Day in Pop: Britney performs along with G-Eazy at the VMA's 2016 (August 28)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was a great performance. She showed energy, fluidity, and confidence, and she was glowing! I’m still a little bitter she got snubbed by being put after a 10-minute Beyoncé performance, but s

On August 28, 2016 the VMA's were held at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. Rihanna received the Video Vanguard Award, and Beyoncé won 8 awards that night, overtaking Madonna's record of most moonme

Her favorite color was already yellow! 

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

What was the deal with her pointing to the microphone during Me, Myself & I?

Was she trying to sing along but the mic wasn't on? Or was she singing along live and the broadcast version was dubbed with pre-recording?

 

"Cause the music fills me good and it gets me every time"

Britney and her dancers pointed their wrist (as if they were wearing a watch) on the word "TIME" ... (tell me i'm right, that's my interpretation I guess)
Britney did point her wrist again during POM performance with G-eazy even if she was wearing a head mic ;)

Link to post
12 hours ago, sanpedro said:

4 years ago that I was disappointed :(

Ugh I was so excited that week for the album Glory + VMA performance + Carpol karaoke and it was disappointment after disappointment. The album was great but flopped upon arrival, barely any promo, VMAs performance was the first time she got overshadowed instead of overshadowing the others and Carpol karaoke was a mess that to this day james corden makes fun on his show.

You are right, her Carpol Karaoke was very bad :ohnoney: however, at the same time, she made that video at the mall with Ellen and it was one of the best participations she ever made for that program :brityes:

Link to post
10 minutes ago, e-mailmyheart said:

You are right, her Carpol Karaoke was very bad :ohnoney: however, at the same time, she made that video at the mall with Ellen and it was one of the best participations she ever made for that program :brityes:

Yes! I loved the Mall video! I’m glad they recently re-uploaded it, one of the best things out of the era. Also her POM private show in London in 2016 was one of the best POM shows she ever did, and it was the show where she was the most beautiful. I was so disappointed with the era, that her team was giving out tickets to Britney’s London fans DMing them (you couldnt buy them) and I didn’t even try get some tickets since I was so disappointed, I’m 99% sure I would’ve gotten tickets, I do regret it now. I had initally applied for tickets through AM but didnt get any tickets (I didnt have a paid subscription and I remember a thread from a fan at the time saying he worked for Apple Music or something and if you didnt have a paid account, you had no chances of getting it, even tho AM doesnt tell you that) and yeah I wasnt selected.

Link to post
12 minutes ago, sanpedro said:

Yes! I loved the Mall video! I’m glad they recently re-uploaded it, one of the best things out of the era. Also her POM private show in London in 2016 was one of the best POM shows she ever did, and it was the show where she was the most beautiful. I was so disappointed with the era, that her team was giving out tickets to Britney’s London fans DMing them (you couldnt buy them) and I didn’t even try get some tickets since I was so disappointed, I’m 99% sure I would’ve gotten tickets, I do regret it now. I had initally applied for tickets through AM but didnt get any tickets (I didnt have a paid subscription and I remember a thread from a fan at the time saying he worked for Apple Music or something and if you didnt have a paid account, you had no chances of getting it, even tho AM doesnt tell you that) and yeah I wasnt selected.

Don't worry, you will have other opportunities to see her ;)

  • Love 1
Link to post

I know that it's lackluster in some areas, but I loved/love it overall! Obviously, she wasn't in a mood to dance like 2000/2001, and she was helping G-Eazy promote himself, but it was a cool performance. I loved the remake of 'Me, Myself, and I.' And, I loved the yellow/gold dress! :brit2016:

  • Love 1
Link to post
11 hours ago, Eda said:

I also dont like her outfit

:umomg:

The outfit and her body and her hair and her skin and her face and her moves and her energy and her smile and her sensuality were flawless to me, I actually loved and still love this so much. It was not perfect for many reasons but she still delivered.

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Exhale+

When Rihanna and Britney are both after thoughts to Beyonce.

 

Hell when Glory came out. 

 

Billboard did an article saying 

 

"There was a time when Beyoncé released music in a Britney dominated world, now the roles have Switched. Glory is the first release by Britney in a Beyoncé dominated era."

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Link to post
16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

"There was a time when Beyoncé released music in a Britney dominated world, now the roles have Switched. Glory is the first release by Britney in a Beyoncé dominated era."

That's so stupid, I'll keep saying this but Beyoncé is huge IN THE US, the world does NOT care about her or they barely know her. Britney is a worldwide icon.
And I NEVER hear the media saying something like that about male artists. Ever.

Link to post

Damn I remember having such high expectations from that performance...  It was her first time performing at the VMAs after 9 years and I thought we were getting another memorable performance that would go down in VMA history. But it was just so forgettable. It wasnt bad, but coming from an artist whos every VMA performace was iconic, this one was kinda lackluster. Maybe I had high expectations....  The energy was there, but Make Me wasn't the right song for a VMA comeback. The outfit was beyond tacky and cheap. And the fact that she performed right after a "mini" concert from Beyonce, didn't help either. It was like as if MTV hates her soo much and did that ot her. 

Imagine if she just  gave us a flawless performance of just Gimme More.... that would have been iconic.... a redemption really...

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block