This Day in Pop: Britney performs along with G-Eazy at the VMA's 2016 (August 28)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was a great performance. She showed energy, fluidity, and confidence, and she was glowing! I’m still a little bitter she got snubbed by being put after a 10-minute Beyoncé performance, but s

On August 28, 2016 the VMA's were held at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. Rihanna received the Video Vanguard Award, and Beyoncé won 8 awards that night, overtaking Madonna's record of most moonme

Her favorite color was already yellow! 

Posted Images

I still wish this was a solo performance but oh well. I love the first minute of the performance when she's all alone and all the hands are around her. It was great in my opinion. Also she looked great :mcry:

9 hours ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

- Also... Have always thought the choice of the yellow bodysuit was a callback to Banana the Snake. What do you guys think?

It was! There was a lot of talk about the snake the weeks before. there's even that snake going through her costumes in the promo, which is still ******* iconic to me 

• Love 5
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Watch Me Work It said:

I still wish this was a solo performance but oh well. I love the first minute of the performance when she's all alone and all the hands are around her. It was great in my opinion. Also she looked great :mcry:

It was! There was a lot of talk about the snake the weeks before. there's even that snake going through her costumes in the promo, which is still ******* iconic to me 

Truth. Iconic promo and a LIVE VOCAL (speaking) :haha:

6 minutes ago, Eda said:

I wish it was MAKE ME + SLUMBER PARTY instead.

I also dont like her outfit

She doesnt suit beyonce kinda stage outfits.  

Crop Top and Pants would have been nice like this  

music video work ***** GIF

I always dreamed of her coming out with all the hands and silhouetted behind the screen singing the first verse and pre-chorus of Just Luv Me, then come out from behind the curtain and go into Make Me. :crying1:

• Like 1

Loved everything about it, she looked incredible, loved the chemistry between her and G-eazy!

I loved that they mixed it up with the remix and it was a pleasant surprise! Not my favourite VMA performance but it was a good performance!

Honestly 2016 was an amazing year for Britney!

• Love 1

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

I really like this performance, she was stunning, I love her outfit, hair, everything up to the point she grabs the mic. I know I should’ve expected live vocals, but I makes me feel a little bit embarrassed when she grabs the mic and  we get chipmunks voice.

She looked stunning apart from the gold leotard, which I hated. 

The performance itself was okay. It was nice she bothered to record Me Myself and I and she interaction with G Eazy was fire apart from when he forgot his words and tried to kiss her. 

Just wish the choreo had been better especially after the AMAZING snake promo prior. The promo hyped up an epic performance and the performance ended up being meh. Had she gone for it and done moves like the IG Make Me rehearsal it would've been epic. 

• Super Moderators
8 hours ago, 5HINee said:

why didn't you add this iconic T-rexney pic:fran:

britney-spears-mtv-vmas-performance-2016

I don't like this performance. Her comeback performance shouldn't have been Make me:clownery: I also don't like the fact that she was highly overshadowed by Beyonce

tiny hands, yeah that's chu :bop:

• Haha 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Super Moderators
2 hours ago, div said:

Queen of promoting me myself and i :imacoolmom:

while the original singer had to sit in the audience :gloria:

btw, I thought Bebe Rexha was a cardboard cutout in the pictures with Britney, she looks exactly the same, and it was before and after the performance :haha:

• Super Moderators
2 hours ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

What was the deal with her pointing to the microphone during Me, Myself & I?

Was she trying to sing along but the mic wasn't on? Or was she singing along live and the broadcast version was dubbed with pre-recording?

It was just part of the choreo. She did the same every other time she performed the medley during festivals and POM

Well, at the POM performance she pointed at her hand

mmmi.png

• Love 1