This Day in Pop: Britney performs along with G-Eazy at the VMA's 2016 (August 28)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This was a great performance. She showed energy, fluidity, and confidence, and she was glowing! I’m still a little bitter she got snubbed by being put after a 10-minute Beyoncé performance, but s

On August 28, 2016 the VMA's were held at Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. Rihanna received the Video Vanguard Award, and Beyoncé won 8 awards that night, overtaking Madonna's record of most moonme

Her favorite color was already yellow! 

Posted Images

• Super Moderators
23 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

The cover photo is a choice, but this was an iconic performance I don’t care what y’all say :kylie:

I had trouble cutting other pictures :gloria: they just wouldn't fit properly on the proportion that's needed

• Haha 1

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

- Wish this would have been a solo performance, but she looked great. I can't stand the concept of her groveling at G-Eazy's feet (why???) she's queen, he's trash.

- The concept of all the hands trying to touch her was a super strong start (and in line with Britney iconography : Untouchable talent vs "I just wanted everyone to stop touching me") and they should have stuck with something simple like that with just Britney, dancing. 

- Also... Have always thought the choice of the yellow bodysuit was a callback to Banana the Snake. What do you guys think?

• Dislike 1
  • Like 7

4 years ago that I was disappointed :(

Ugh I was so excited that week for the album Glory + VMA performance + Carpol karaoke and it was disappointment after disappointment. The album was great but flopped upon arrival, barely any promo, VMAs performance was the first time she got overshadowed instead of overshadowing the others and Carpol karaoke was a mess that to this day james corden makes fun on his show.

• Love 7

why didn't you add this iconic T-rexney pic:fran:

britney-spears-mtv-vmas-performance-2016

I don't like this performance. Her comeback performance shouldn't have been Make me:clownery: I also don't like the fact that she was highly overshadowed by Beyonce

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

- Wish this would have been a solo performance, but she looked great. I can't stand the concept of her groveling at G-Eazy's feet (why???) she's queen, he's trash.

- The concept of all the hands trying to touch her was a super strong start (and in line with Britney iconography : Untouchable talent vs "I just wanted everyone to stop touching me") and they should have stuck with something simple like that with just Britney, dancing. 

- Also... Have always thought the choice of the yellow bodysuit was a callback to Banana the Snake. What do you guys think?

My very first down-vote... Groundbreaking 

that is all the devil wears prada GIF