What songs/groups got you into Kpop?

• Exhale+
Posted (edited)

For me it was probably Gangnam Style, then TVXQ and EXO.j29szj-Blackpink-3hnx-bb05-jz8w-2019-feat-billboard-rtbgstj-nxsh3zz-1548-1024x677-2.jpg

Edited by Urbanney
🏅 Featured! -Urbanney

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Exhale+

For me it was 2NE1 - Fire. I got into kpop in 2009 but I'm not that big on it anymore since the acts I adored (2ne1, 4minute, sistar, t-ara, snsd, kara) are all gone now. I do like Blackpink, itzy, and g-idle though. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Ofcoursenot said:

BLACKPINK - Kill This Love :goat:

But Im not into K-Pop, just BP and the song WANNABE by Twice

:yaknow:

Sorry, this was last year

But back in 2009 was BoA for me (Eat You Up and Look Who's Talking Now)

TommyFebruary6 - Lonely in Gorgeous

:jl:

• Exhale+

I was always aware of SNSD / Girls' Generation because some of the characters in League of Legends have emotes that reference some of their dances:

But I never got into K-Pop because it was too edgy and cringy for me. But then, around the time BTS got popular in the US (mid to late 2017), I started becoming more and more interested. I didn't really vibe with their music, but I found V and Jungkook really attractive. I started watching crack videos on YouTube and even reading some gay *** fan fiction. :katyclown: Then I fully got into it at the very end of 2017. :straddle: TWICE were the first group I fully got into, and they're still my #1 to this day. :kylie:

• Love 1

🤡 a full-time clown 🤡

• Exhale+
18 minutes ago, Luminous said:

I think it was with 2NE1, but i'm not 100% sure.. :katyclown:

I think this was one of my first, too! :cuteidk:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

The earliest memory I have of listening to Kpop was BoA, when she tried to break into the USA market. I got really into her cause of her similar style to Britney’s music (at the time at least). I then downloaded her Korean and Japanese stuff which was great as well! 

I remember getting really into 2NE1 aka I am the best.. 

I also remember jamming to Hikaru Utada. 

ah good times 

• Love 2
  • Exhale+
5 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Guys omg it makes me so happy that y'all have listened to BoA, she's the queen. :yasqueen:

I cam for Blackpink but stayed for BoA. :barbie:

I really liked Eat You Up :bop: but I haven’t listened to any of her albums.

Which album should I listen to first? 

• Love 1

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

16 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I really liked Eat You Up :bop: but I haven’t listened to any of her albums.

Which album should I listen to first? 

I'd suggest checking out three songs, Valenti (if you like this one check out the album by her, it's also the same name), No. 1 and Atlantis Princess. A lot of her tracks in general feel like homages to Britney. :makeitrain:

If you liked the first single from her English debut titled 'Eat You Up', maybe check out her English debut album (it's just called BoA and she worked with Bloodshy & Avant as Producers and she covered the unreleased Britney song, Look Who's Talking Now under the title of Look Who's Talking. :bop:

(I really love Valenti and No. 1 but everyone else loves Atlantis Princess and Hurricane Venus so I'd recommend those two songs too. :bwink:)

She's an idol who's not just a good charismatic idol/idol dancer, she's charismatic and a great dancer period. She came really really close to being at Britney's level in Britney's Dream Within a Dream tour during her own prime performance years)

• Love 1