What caused Katy Perry to lose her mega pop star status?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You ask why? ....it's because she came for ..One word, one name.............. Britney 

Isn't there a thread about this topic every other week?

I am legit so scared for the Smile album sales and all the draggage that'll come with that

Posted Images

2 words: purposeful pop.

We didn’t want Katy to become political, she was an escape from the world. She took us to a different world, then took us straight back to the real world and people where not here for it. 

Also, that pixie cut was NOT IT!

• Love 1

She never got a real strong fanbase. She was a temporal hit maker for general public, but she made her ego visible, acting *****y against artists with strong fanbases like Britney, Taylor Swift (Ew), and all that. She even was shady with Riri. The general public started to hate on her / get bored with her, so her good moment in the industry came to an end. She's very hypocrital as an artist and does not have that charism to stay relevant. 

She's desperate these days and came to defend Ellen. Like, ***** please. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Many things... first and foremost, her drastic look reinvention did not sit well with locals. It wasn’t that attractive. Miley’s drastic hair change for bangerz was a success, but when Katy did it - I’m sure as hell its completely the reason she lost the likeability. None of the songs were produced that well, except Bon Appetit and Swish swish. also the songs didn’t hit as hard as prism.  The change in look, and the weirdly produced synth electro sound wasn’t for the people 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Well first she cut her hair and dyed it blonde (the pixie cut didn't suit her in my opinion it made her look older), she waited too long to release Witness, she started acting weird around the time she released the album (especially on that reality show she did on youtube) and the music just wasn't as catchy as it used to be (most likely due to the fact that she stopped working with Dr. Luke), plus by 2017 there were a lot of established female artists (Ariana, Demi, Selena, Camila, Halsey, etc) so I feel like the gp kind of forgot about her and didn't care that much for new Katy music

• Like 1
  • Exhale+

Her support for Hillary Clinton was the beginning of her downfall.

There was many who supported her, but Katy going all political was beginning of the downfall. 

I did notice this album long blonde hair, but her natural black hair she said is dead, only her family gets to see that side, not the public. 

Plus the Britney comments, though Katy cats attacked them to no end, saying it's part of pop culture and everybody says it. 

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

Her Witness era destroyed her career.

Bon Appetit and Swish Swish music videos were awful and her shtick of being obnoxious and try hard is very cringe. For me personally, I’ve always liked Katy but when I saw her perform Bon Appetit on SNL, I was legit done w her that very night. 

• Like 2
  • Exhale+

It's simple. She stoped making bangin' bops. She followed the mainstream going crossover til hip/hop and r&b. And here we are, back to the soap and the prison:jl:

• Like 1

:cuteidk:So I paid and got laid in return, and I don't know what i've learned:cuteidk:

I don’t really comment on here, I love reading what you guys write though, however I had to comment. Katy LOST her edge when she cut her hair and became a caricature of herself during the Witness era. I genuinely adore Witness and still play it very often. It’s just the rollout was very sloppy and she shouldn’t have cut her tresses. It sucks to say this because it’s very sexist and backwards but that’s how the world is still. Even with her latest droplets if singles. Harleys In Hawaii should’ve been the first single it brought the old Katy back and mature as well. She had the long hair looked grown and **** and was doing her thing. All her other visuals just seem juvenile and Nick jr. 

• Like 1

Well, I think she still is relevant, man. Bbesides that, what makes a pop singer relevant these days? I think Katy cares about numbers, money, etc - it's important but I think she's more concerned about making a good record that'll spread light and joy to the world, you know. So, in that way I believe she is still relevant. 

Katy Perry was huge and I loved all of her songs from I kissed a girl, teenage dream to california gurls. I especially loved and still love Part of me and One that got away. Her video storry telling was great! 

To answer your question - she said in an interview ,,I sold my soul to the devil´´ so you know the rest... Kanye did the same... Her music was never ´´the same´´. THEY ´´cut her´´.

Then the drama with Taylor and following ´´cancel culture´´. Then her Britney shade.. Taylor and Britney have such strong (and toxic) fanbases that like to tear people down.

Then her image change - i still prefer to ignore the Miley Cyrus hair (but no shade, just an opinion, never liked it, never suited her). I know that blonde is her natural color and now I got used to the fact that she is blonde. But I liked her image as a dark haired pop star , it was her trademark. (same with Bebe - just dont get why everybody has to be blonde).

And her song like Chained to the rhytm are actually pretty smart and deep and her (previous) fanbase was not ready for that. Too adult and mature for them. They were expecting her to make T.G.I.F. all the time..

So that´s my opinion.

PS: She and Orlando are great couple and I always liked Katy´s humour! She was great on American Idol!

• Love 1
On 8/15/2020 at 4:12 PM, 2K16NEY said:

Her Witness era destroyed her career.

Bon Appetit and Swish Swish music videos were awful and her shtick of being obnoxious and try hard is very cringe. For me personally, I’ve always liked Katy but when I saw her perform Bon Appetit on SNL, I was legit done w her that very night. 

Her career is not destroyed. OMG come on guys why are y´all like this all the time? ,,You have amazing performances, then you have some ok performances, ....´´ Does that sound familiar? 

First of all I am a huge Lady Gaga fan and we all know at some point these two were rivaling no matter what they say but I still have always been intrigued by Katy Perry’s music. I did always feel like KP always played it safe and once Dr Luke was out of the picture she never quite recovered. Also from the beginning she’s made disparaging comments about fellow pop stars including Amy Winehouse Lily Allen Miley Cyrus Taylor Swift Britney Spears and Lady Gaga Which haven’t put her in the best light plus her talents were never really enough to compete with some of her contemporaries. I hope that she finds her happiness with her family and wish her the best but her schtick kinda got old.