Diane Warren being shady: I miss real singers like Whitney Houston who didn't have to be naked in videos to get our attention

Lol at y’all defending Cardi. I’m sorry she was not expressing herself. She was using shock value and p.oR..n to rack up views. Lady Gaga is a terrible comparison to make. She has never stooped to the level of WAP. Any time gaga does something shocking she makes it artistic. 

and Diane Warren is very well known for anyone who’s actually a fan of pop music, not just celebrities.

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Like 6
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's a very prolific songwriter. These are just some of the artists she's written for:   You're on a pop music forum. Educate yourself about the people making these bops. 

Lol at y’all defending Cardi. I’m sorry she was not expressing herself. She was using shock value and p.oR..n to rack up views. Lady Gaga is a terrible comparison to make. She has never stooped to the

Diane is a legend of songwriting but this criticism is so overused and I’m sick of this disgusting attitude toward women simply doing what tf they want and expressing themselves ********. Stfu with th

Posted Images

Guys chill tf down! She (Diane) can have her own opinion! Same as Cardi and Meg can do what they want to do with their bodies! I love the video! But at the same time I kinda agree with her! She is from a ´´different age´´ and worked with people who DIDN´T have to be naked to get that no. 1! WAP is calculated as a whole Cardi B career. And I love Cardi! I saw WAP more than 20 times! I love what you mention - expression of their own sexuality and owning their bodies, etc... I love the controversy and pushing the boundaries BUT at the same time - i agree with Diane! I was born in 1990 and I loved Britney stripteases and Xtina´s Dirrty era BUT I really admire artists that don´t do THAT even though they can and I respect them to choose to do it! For example have you ever seen Marina (and the diamonds) breasts? They are huuuge (and natural) but she NEVER showed them and chooses to ´´hide´´ them. And it makes it even more **** (in my opinion). I like to get naked (i got a plan) and even I time to time share something ´´provocative´´ on my instagram, but I am not at artist, so.... :D 

Point is Cardi and Meg can be naked in their video and Diane can ´´shade´´ ´em if she wants to without being shout out things like ´´women should empower other women´´ etc.... 

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Any time gaga does something shocking she makes it artistic. 

exactly! such a dumb comparison and critisize Diane for colaborating with people that ´´showed their skin´´ is stu p id too.. She can colaborate with them but can have her opinion about it! And she just stated that she misses the time, when people like Whitney used their talent (only) to sell albums

PS: Still jam to WAP tho :) peace

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

to the people in this thread completely agreeing and saying amen whatever whatever

sorry to burst ur bubble but do yall realize who we stan stripping britney spears GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Britney NEVER did anything CLOSE to WAP! 

Not even the Breathe on me raunchy performance or touching **** in Gimme more VMA performance is close to what Cardi and Meg did in WAP. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, johnnyswanda said:

Britney NEVER did anything CLOSE to WAP! 

Not even the Breathe on me raunchy performance or touching **** in Gimme more VMA performance is close to what Cardi and Meg did in WAP. 

ya ok fine but like 

all im saying is britney expressed herself like that too

and um make me unreleased video? gimme more unreleased scenes? britneys been that ***** and theres nothing wrong with that

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

ya ok fine but like 

all im saying is britney expressed herself like that too

and um make me unreleased video? gimme more unreleased scenes? britneys been that ***** and theres nothing wrong with that

yeah I know where you´re coming from..

but even if she shaded Britney DIRECTLY I wouldn´t mind because it is her opinion and her platform to share her opinions...

I am definitely not a fan of the ´´cancel culture´´

and yes I agree with the MM and GM unreleased... it was kinda ´´too much´´ but I was totally cool with it :D same as I am cool with WAP :-) 

if i think about it - britney did so many controversial videos or performances or cameos :D but I live for it :D 

• Twitter Team
21 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

to the people in this thread completely agreeing and saying amen whatever whatever

sorry to burst ur bubble but do yall realize who we stan stripping britney spears GIF by Billboard Music Awards

you missed the point, Britney or Beyoncè can slay even with a coat, showing their body it's just a plus not their main """""talent"""""

• Like 1

I agree with her somewhat. I tried to listen to WAP and it’s just too much. Look, I love Lil Kim, and I feel like she was the first super raunchy rapper. But is that all that these new women can do? There used to be variety, like Missy Elliot, Da Brat, Salt N Peppa, etc, they weren’t so over the top on every single song, every video, every photo shoot with being so raunchy. I’m not saying women can’t be ****** or raunchy. I stan I’m A Slave 4 U, Dirrty, Partition, but at least those legends switched it up, it wasn’t always about being naked and talking about their ***** or ***. They have many other songs and looks that were popular, that had more meaning. And I agree with her that I miss singers doing well on the charts. The charts are so dominated by rappers (and mostly men). Ariana and Taylor are really the only female singers doing really well the past couple years, and a lot of Ariana’s music is hip hop influenced pop. Gaga and Dua have been doing ok. I mean they’re really aren’t even RNB singers on the charts besides The Weeknd, we used to have Usher, Alicia Keys, Aaliyah, Ashanti, etc. And I also have to say I can’t remember a popular male rap song that was all about a guys hard **** or something. I dunno, I’ve never been able to get into Cardi B because she just seems like she had zero class and is trash, and the music isn’t even that good. I want to like Megan, I like Girls in the Hood, and Savage is ok. But I’d just rather see something a bit more original than the formula Lil Kim started and Nicki expanded upon. But I agree, I do miss that in the 90s there were so many good singers topping the charts, and I miss when a great ballad could do well on the charts. She’s kinda right, kinda wrong. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I agree with her somewhat. I tried to listen to WAP and it’s just too much. Look, I love Lil Kim, and I feel like she was the first super raunchy rapper. But is that all that these new women can do? There used to be variety, like Missy Elliot, Da Brat, Salt N Peppa, etc, they weren’t so over the top on every single song, every video, every photo shoot with being so raunchy. I’m not saying women can’t be ****** or raunchy. I stan I’m A Slave 4 U, Dirrty, Partition, but at least those legends switched it up, it wasn’t always about being naked and talking about their ***** or ***. They have many other songs and looks that were popular, that had more meaning. And I agree with her that I miss singers doing well on the charts. The charts are so dominated by rappers (and mostly men). Ariana and Taylor are really the only female singers doing really well the past couple years, and a lot of Ariana’s music is hip hop influenced pop. Gaga and Dua have been doing ok. I mean they’re really aren’t even RNB singers on the charts besides The Weeknd, we used to have Usher, Alicia Keys, Aaliyah, Ashanti, etc. And I also have to say I can’t remember a popular male rap song that was all about a guys hard **** or something. I dunno, I’ve never been able to get into Cardi B because she just seems like she had zero class and is trash, and the music isn’t even that good. I want to like Megan, I like Girls in the Hood, and Savage is ok. But I’d just rather see something a bit more original than the formula Lil Kim started and Nicki expanded upon. But I agree, I do miss that in the 90s there were so many good singers topping the charts, and I miss when a great ballad could do well on the charts. She’s kinda right, kinda wrong. 

This! And perfectly said - for example - Xtina gave us Dirrty but then ´´calmed us down´´ with Beautiful or The Voice Within or another era with Back to basics! Different songs, different visuals, artistry, diversity,...

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

Women are allowed to be hyper ******. Women are allowed to show their bodies. But let that be part of your message. Make an artistic statement.

this song is about letting men use you for your body so you can use them for their money. The song and video are cheap and tasteless. No subtlety whatsoever.

• Like 1

Agree. It's not a matter of people doing what they want with their bodies anymore, it's about them knowing that will get them views and streams and it is so blatantly obvious. It's just sad in 2020 to have to do that SO much just for a number 1. 

However I feel like it says more about the general public who are obsessed with this shock value than the artists just giving it to them. 

3 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

you missed the point, Britney or Beyoncè can slay even with a coat, showing their body it's just a plus not their main """""talent"""""

I completely agree! But its also a way to express themselves and Britney has done it many times in the past and has got scrutiny for it too 

• Like 1