James Charles gets backlash for shading Alicia Keys

• Super Administrators

james-alicia.jpg.c4c02713d8b34e48fbfaec829651a24d.jpg

2020 is wild. Not because of the pandemic, but because I know so much about James Charles now. I-

The makeup guru is in hot water yet again because of a shady Tweet he blasted at Alicia Keys. He was under the impression Keys was coming out with a makeup line, so he said the following: 

“People who do not wear makeup should not be coming out with makeup brands but that’s just my opinion.”

Yikes... interestingly, Keys is coming out with a skin care line... not makeup. 

James deleted his Tweet and issued an apology:

“Yesterday I posted a subtweet about how I thought some celebrities shouldn’t launch makeup lines,” he wrote. “It was about @aliciakeys.”

He added: “A few years ago, she announced that she no longer would wear makeup, so I was bothered because many celebrities come into the beauty space as a cash grab without any actual passion and then leave.”

“I deleted the tweet after a few minutes because it’s childish to indirect tweet someone & I am not the gatekeeper of makeup. Anyone should be able to secure their bag and its not up to me which brands people should or shouldn’t support."

“I’m now glad that I did delete it because after reading further, I learned that the beauty line is SKINCARE,” Charles wrote. “This was my mistake and I should’ve read more before tweeting, because literally who better to talk about keeping your skin clear without makeup?”

“Regardless of my intention with my tweet, it ended up being a microaggression against someone I respect, so to @aliciakeys I owe a direct apology — I’m sorry.”

Imagine if Alicia put Charles on blast for his singing career. :jj: 

Thoughts???

Meanwhile...

Related:

• Haha 4
  • Like 1

💜 Subscribe to Exhale+ 💙

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s Eggy Eggz

It’s not like he has a record deal to pursue his musical skills. He is merely singing in front of his phone.   Miss Alicia on the other hand should stay in her lane or is she a complete flop and her

Posted Images

• Plus

I’m here for the skincare line :kylie:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Plus
15 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

2020 is wild. Not because of the pandemic, but because I know so much about James Charles now. I-

:orangu:

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

• Plus
Just now, Midnight said:

:orangu:

Who's the guy in your profile pic? :kylie:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Plus
Just now, Corso said:

Who Is This GIF by Trombone Shorty

EYE-GEE-GEE-WHY
fancy GIF by Iggy Azalea

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

I think the pandemic has made all of us gone crazy... All of a sudden, I know who these people are... Like, why do I all of a sudden care for these social media influencers?

But that was rather quick of Charles to tweet such a statement. Then again, Charles is still young, and figuring out what's right or wrong. I just hope these influencers learn to do better :selenerz:

• Plus

His initial statement about people making makeup as a cash grab is so true tbh

I think it's mature that he admitted right away who he was talking about and acknowledged that he was actually wrong about her even releasing makeup lol

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Baby loving you comes easily to me, it's what I'm living for it's all in the chemistry🎵

Says the guy who became famous based on lies and flase allegations  , yikes , but I do believe in Karma and it's not looking good for him :kylie: