What was the very first song you ever heard?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure of my very first song, but my dad used to drive me around in the car listening to Celine Dion’s “Colour of My Love” album when I was a kid to get me to fall asleep. I’ve loved her music ever

I’m super old to remember 

My dad is a huge Sade and Abba fan so ever since I can remember, he would listen to their songs on old records. My earliest memory is of him listening to smooth operator as me and mum were dancing to

Posted Images

• Super Moderators

I mean, who knows which was the first song I ever heard, but the earliest memories I have is dancing to La Macarena :haha: (the Spanish version)

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

I love this thread! The first song I remember consciously hearing is Whenever, Wherever by Shakira. It makes me a bit emotional to hear it. :wontcry:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Exhale+
1 hour ago, Baronesse said:

I love this thread! The first song I remember consciously hearing is Whenever, Wherever by Shakira. It makes me a bit emotional to hear it. :wontcry:

I absolutely love Shakira, Laundry Service is one of her best albums.

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

I can´t remember. But some German music like Freddy Quinn or Hans Albers. And my mother was listing to stuff like Bacardi Feeling and Bananarama

I think. But I remember this one was one of the first:

Falco was one of the first musicians I have ever listen too. My mother told me she heard his music when she was pregnant with me. I literally know this man my whole life.

The first song I remember loving was when I was probably 2-3 years old, was this one by Bob Seger. One time I requested that my mom play it on the radio and just as she finished explaining that’s not how the radio worked, sure as **** the song started playing on the radio :haha: I was convinced for a while after this that I could control the radio just by wishing. My love for this song did not last into adulthood.

The first CD I ever asked my parents for and received was The Sign by Ace of Base. Being 5 years old at the time, I scratched up the first one and the replacement I was given, after that my older sister ripped it onto cassette tape for me so I could enjoy it without scratching it Lolol. I love this album still today, for nostalgic purposes. 

• Exhale+
47 minutes ago, VanillaCandlez said:

One time I requested that my mom play it on the radio and just as she finished explaining that’s not how the radio worked, sure as **** the song started playing on the radio :haha: I was convinced for a while after this that I could control the radio just by wishing. My love for this song did not last into adulthood.

:haha: love this

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

Super random, but my mom had this tape called Stars on Long Play. They did a 15+ minute Beatles medley set to a disco beat. My siblings and I loved it and knew every word. Still do to this day! 

I'll be 30 this year I just don't remember much, I remember Thalia but besides child stiff it was probably Madonna's Ray Of Light and Celine Dion, around Titanic, "Let's Talk About Love" album (googled it), then the Spice Girls then Britney and some other early 00s bands like Blink 182, Nirvana etc.

For me, its most likely church songs since I grew up with a mom thats a minister.

But as for pop culture songs, I remember being introduced to the spice girls when I was like 5.

So Wannabe is probably the first song I ever heard that wasnt a church song. :yaknow:

I have no idea, I've always loved music.

I remember loving my Mom's ABBA cd.

Britney, Monica, and Geri Halliwell were some of the first albums I ever bought. I got Baby One Time twice, once on cassette then on CD.

I remember recording songs off the radio too like

Monica's Street Symphony (One of the most underrated songs ever, The First Night was also an effing bop)

Jennifer Paige's Crush

OMC's How Bizarre

Fastball's The Way

Wallflowers' One Headlight

Eagle Eye Cherry's Save Tonight

Garbage's Special

Some of my favorite songs ever.

Garbage is wonderful! 
And I like songs that mixes genres like Monicas Street Symphony. 

Or Sissel and Warren 

You all know Sissel. The woman who made Titanic HUGE.