This Day in Pop: Make Me... music video premieres in 2016 (August 5)

• Super Moderators

makemee.jpg.58832ef47cd4df07d7fb7a2383e89364.jpg

014.jpg

On August 5, 2016, Britney Spears released the Make Me... music video featuring G-Eazy.

After two months since we knew that she had started shooting a music video for the lead single off Glory, and after some clips had started leaking, we were finally able to enjoy the video, except that, well, it turned out to be something completely different than the David LaChapelle-directed music video that we were expecting to see. :jl:

tumblr_obgheeAeMO1rrh89co1_500.gif

This new video was shot on July 16 and it was directed by Randee St. Nicholas. In late July, Britney talked about it: "The video that I just shot is me and all my girls. We're making guys audition for us. The whole theme is us basically playing with them. It's really kind of fun and it's interesting".

KLwHo-.gif

At the moment we weren't sure if they had re-shot the video altogether or if it was just a new part of the plot we hadn't heard before.

72298257_702902156880870_5712636472139008343_n.jpg

In all fairness, @Blackout ***** tried to warn us :saycheese:

In September, Larry Rudolph, Britney's manager, explained the situation in an interview for Los Angeles Times:

“It’s really simple. The video just didn’t work,” Rudolph said. “This is the first time we’ve re-shot a video, and because it’s Britney there are all kinds of conspiracies. Nobody is hiding anything.”

Exactly the explanation the Britney Army wanted to hear :tiffanynod:

The video got a different version released in September through the mobile app Britney Spears: American Dream. A rough cut from the original LaChapelle video leaked in 2019.

What is your favorite part of the video? What are your memories from when it premiered? :lustney:

Vvtr.gif

• Love 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I remember being excited for the video, only to be disappointed when it was the Randee version that premiered 

A one whole bad song and music video, I mean, the song is fine but personally it's a weak single compared to the rest of the song on the album.    The song is mediocre. The music video

I was SOO MAD that day ...  ! I remember I was working and during my lunch break I had to leave the office and go to a park to call a friend and express how frustrated I was with this video . Tim

Posted Images

A one whole bad song and music video, I mean, the song is fine but personally it's a weak single compared to the rest of the song on the album. :awks:

The song is mediocre.

The music video is pretty lame

The original music video is way too vulgar (gladitgotcutlol) even Britney didn't like it.

What a one whole disastrous recipe. :cheese: But thank god, Slumber Party saved it all even if her makeup was just outrageous there. :nydisgust:

• Love 3
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, Mmmm Papi said:

A one whole bad song and music video, I mean, the song is fine but personally it's a weak single compared to the rest of the song on the album. :awks:

The song is mediocre.

The music video is pretty lame

The original music video is way too vulgar (gladitgotcutlol) even Britney didn't like it.

What a one whole disastrous recipe. :cheese: But thank god, Slumber Party saved it all even if her makeup was just outrageous there. :nydisgust:

Agree with everything you said. 

Aside from the euphoric harmonies in the chorus, Make Me was such an underwhelming lead and lacked direction overall. At least we got Slumber Party shortly after. :mimiclap:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I was SOO MAD that day ... :gross: !

I remember I was working and during my lunch break I had to leave the office and go to a park to call a friend and express how frustrated I was with this video :crying1:. Time heals anything ;) .

• Love 2
  • Haha 4

I NEVER watch this video.  I replay all of em except this one.  Can't watch it.

The acting in the beginning, the horrible concept....its so cringe to me.

She looks beautiful but other than that its a huge no.    Could've picked a better first single but I still love the song.  But  for the first single to be a slower jam,  the video needed to be sensational...and it was not.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I remember the very first time I watched the video and I fell to the floor in disappointment just like this  :gloria:

I think I’ve watched it maybe 5 times since then? The cackling & clapping hyenas and dancing around fat joe were massive no no’s. They made a joke out of such a **** song. I don’t know what was in the water that day when they decided to film this. 

On the plus side, it’s still my favourite song of hers to this day and the meltdowns that’s lasted for years were highly entertaining. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

The day of too many meltdowns for sure. I remember i was dissapointed to see that it is randee again. I don't like  that light effect at pics and vids. This particular video looked really cheap. I guess it had to be cheap cause they already paid lachapelle and it just didn't work.

• Like 1
  • Exhale+
11 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Omg... I prefer to not comment cuz I will start again the third world war here... :whitneyshade:

Well im ready to start one :miley:

The unreleased one...bull**** 

The official one...Even more horrible

These videos suck, and should never see the light of the day and nobody needs to celebrate the annievrsary of this **** song, this **** video and this **** memory. Bye :girlbye:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

10 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Well im ready to start one :miley:

The unreleased one...bull**** 

The official one...Even more horrible

These videos suck, and should never see the light of the day and nobody needs to celebrate the annievrsary of this **** song, this **** video and this **** memory. Bye :girlbye:

OMG 😂😂🤣🤣😭

If they tell me « You prefer to watch a 4 minutes video which Make Me OG or you prefer pass 10 hours front of Radar? My answer is:

6d5M.gif
giphy.gif?resize=500,367
source.gif
tumblr_lxvorbiSMN1r3ty02o1_500.gif
c54b0cb4c9daa868c9bfddb501c59176.gif

#JusticeForRadar

And the necklace is Make Me:

giphy.gif

• Love 2
  • Exhale+
4 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

OMG 😂😂🤣🤣😭

If they tell me « You prefer to watch a 4 minutes video which Make Me OG or you prefer pass 10 hours front of Radar? My answer is:

6d5M.gif
giphy.gif?resize=500,367
source.gif
tumblr_lxvorbiSMN1r3ty02o1_500.gif
c54b0cb4c9daa868c9bfddb501c59176.gif

#JusticeForRadar

And the necklace is Make Me:

giphy.gif

Radar is a good video, but definetely watch-able and tolerable. Rather watch the 10-hour version of radar.

OMG @MSTAR instead of celebrating make me annieversary lets just drag and **** on it :jj:

• Haha 1

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Radar is a good video, but definetely watch-able and tolerable. Rather watch the 10-hour version of radar.

OMG @MSTAR instead of celebrating make me annieversary lets just drag and **** on it :jj:

Nooooo, I don’t want to destroy this celebration for Make Me stans....

Spoiler

If there is a stan of it at least :shadelaugh:

And like I said before, Make Me can’t even acheive heels of Radarney.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, MSTAR said:

Nooooo, I don’t want to destroy this celebration for Make Me stans....

Hide contents

If there is a stan of it at least :shadelaugh:

And like I said before, Make Me can’t even acheive heels of Radarney.

giphy.gif

Lol trust me there r no stans! :pieceofwhat:

Lets just drag it! :drag:

Ill start :jj:

Remember that scene where those men were auditioning for britney :billiebarf:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Lol trust me there r no stans! :pieceofwhat:

Lets just drag it! :drag:

Ill start :jj:

Remember that scene where those men were auditioning for britney :billiebarf:

Lol, remember when the girls closed their eyes and hide the screens which display Britney doing some things with the men? At least, they agree with us that’s inappropriate and after some people are saying to us that Make Me Original version is not inappropriate and pretty clean... :ririshade2:

• Haha 1