My Theory On Why The Original Make Me Video Was Scrapped

16 minutes ago, jokobish said:

also .. families shouldn’t be watching Britney Spears videos lol.. Britney is known for being ****** in all her videos since Slave. Let’s be honest 

Didn’t saw your edit.

If you want that I have to be honnest, I will :)

Okay so, what’s the worst (in terms of vulgarity) between Slave and Make Me original version? What’s the worst between Toxic and Make Me? And Womanizer?

The TV channels censor some scenes and it’s done. Make Me? There’s no scene to censor, it’s the music video which will have to be censored.

Well, I said that Britney usued to do « provocative » music videos, but it was still light and in a classy way.

Families can still watch: Circus, Radar, HIAM, Till The World Ends, Piece Of Me, etc. Yes, some mv can’t be watched in family but still, we don’t achieve the same level as Make Me...

• Love 1
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I the only one who prefers the video that was released 

I think you're right. Why was Perfume scrapped? Maybe Britney shot Jamie & Lou in it 

It's cause she didn't like it. Get over it y'all. They could have easily went Top 5 with that music video but they didn't because they respected Britney didn't like it.

5 minutes ago, Rob_ said:

I agree... whenever Britney has been ****** on video, it feels like she’s in control and that’s what’s always been empowering. This video did not reflect that at all. The dance bit is nice, but this video was right to be scrapped. 

Exactly. Britney always know how to control that. On Toxic, only two people were in the scene where she had the diamonds outfit. Look at Gimme More, she seemed to not have any control on her actions... Just look the contrast between the previous mv VS the next mv aka Someday I will Understand and Gimme More, lol

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Exactly. Britney always know how to control that. On Toxic, only two people were in the scene where she had the diamonds outfit. Look at Gimme More, she seemed to not have any control on her actions... Just look the contrast between the previous mv VS the next mv aka Someday I will Understand and Gimme More, lol

Actully. I Think She Was Ok In Gimmie More. She Was Looking Like She Was enjoying Herself

• Love 1
  • Like 2
9 minutes ago, Britney-fan12332143 said:

Actully. I Think She Was Ok In Gimmie More. She Was Looking Like She Was enjoying Herself

I don’t know, to be honnest, I feel like she is a little off on this music video, the music video seems to be the cheaper music video of her, she seemed to lose control after on the music video on uncensored scenes...

Fans should stop to hate everytime on her team, no it’s not her team who scrapped the original complex story for Gimme More with the funeral, it’s Britney who didn’t wanted to shot those scenes and only wanted to do club scenes. After, when they edited the music video, they just took what they shot by choosing clips that doesn’t make it without meaning.

She wasn’t good at all on this era, look at this Gimme More picture:

MV5BZjQzYjJhZjQtZjQ3OS00NDc2LWI5MDItMGZk

1 hour ago, jokobish said:

I’m not tryna start anything, but what is so vulgar and disgusting about Work by Rih? Do women’s breast make you uncomfortable? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m genuinely curious because you seem to be very disturbed by the anatomy of women being showed or women being ******** charged in their videos. Seems like you think women should remain innocent and modest. Correct me if I’m wrong.

@MSTAR you didn’t reply to this 

6 hours ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Am I the only one who prefers the video that was released :pieceofwhat:

TBH I kinda agree, based on the fact she said "she" said she didn't like the OG one :yaknow:

Also guys, its really not that deep, you kill me with these conspiracy's :ahhhhh:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1
7 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It's cause she didn't like it. Get over it y'all. They could have easily went Top 5 with that music video but they didn't because they respected Britney didn't like it.

When did Britney say she didn't like it? Am I missing something? I feel like you should add receipts when making a claim like this.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, nigel said:

When did Britney say she didn't like it? Am I missing something? I feel like you should add receipts when making a claim like this.

There was a video of her yelling "I don't like it!" when they were filming the original video. I don't have the receipts at the moment but pretty much everyone on Exhale has seen it. Someone might have it here in the thread.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, ovoxo said:

People say that Britney didn’t like the video and they respected her wishes, but judging from the content we have, the interviews, and the pictures she posted, she seemed very well into the video, present, and very involved. :yaknow:

I still think it had to do with either an affair with that hot guy she posted a selfie with, or that footage of her calling David an ash-whole. 

Exactly. Something happened last minute. Not saying it had to do with her or her team. But something did definitely happen. This video was being promoted and scrapped at the absolute last minute. I just don’t buy the “Britney just decided she didn’t like it”. First of all, these videos are storyboarded. They know everything that’s gonna happen. Something was up.

My own theory is that her team chopped up the video (just like with Perfume) and it caused a disagreement between “Britney” and LaChapelle. LaChapelle is adamant that the video that leaked wasn’t his cut. I feel like he submitted his own video, they didn’t like it for whatever reason, said “this is the new cut we did” which us the one that leaked and it caused a tiff. LaChapelle wasn’t willing to change to their vision and asked to be removed from the project and that’s how we got Randee’s stuff.

I don’t think it’s that deep. Britney’s request for the cage is something Interesting but I don’t think it’s significant in why the video was scrapped. I disagree with the fanbase when they say the video is over the top raunchy. I can tell Team B edited it. It’s as raunchy as THEY wanted it to be. But I doubt the rest of the video that we haven’t seen was as raunchy. The storyline they gave with their cut didn’t make much sense so I feel like the story he submitted would make more sense.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, nigel said:

6 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

There was a video of her yelling "I don't like it!" when they were filming the original video. I don't have the receipts at the moment but pretty much everyone on Exhale has seen it. Someone might have it here in the thread.

That’s not just it. That video is vague and can be taken a lot of different ways. People are laughing and some people argue Britney sounds like she’s angry but it’s kind of in a joking way? Like she’s uncomfortable but being lighthearted about it (if that makes sense?)

The official statement from Larry is where the “Britney didn’t like it” thing came from. He said she didn’t like the final cut of the video so they scrapped it. That reason just doesn’t make much sense IMO

• Like 2
1 minute ago, studlygeorge said:

The official statement from Larry is where the “Britney didn’t like it” thing came from. He said she didn’t like the final cut of the video so they scrapped it. That reason just doesn’t make much sense IMO

The official Make Me video was very "Britney" in a way because it was quite cheesy so it wouldn't surprise me if she wanted that video to be honest. I get what you're saying though and your theory makes sense :mhm:

• Love 1

This topic again? lol...  Both videos were whack... David himself said she didn't like it and he respects her creative opinion as an artist.  Let's not overthink it.  At least she looked better in the official one lol.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

Yeah, like we should believe anything that comes out of that guy's mouth. If Britney didn't explicitly say she didn't like the video then I refuse to believe that's the reason it was scrapped.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Thelegendarybritney said:

when i wanna watch make me music video,  I always watch this version :sendinglove:

Me too!!! I believe that David Lachapelle is a #FreeBritney supporter and that originated the fight inside her team, the cage in the MM mv plus the chains in the scrapped album cover can point it. Besides that, I really can't imagine Britney fighting with any director because he's asking her to do a sensual shoot, no, no, no. The best thing that happens in the official video it's it ending, it's horrible, the scrapped one is bad edited and G-Eazy part could never happen if it depended on my point of view, but it's a million times better than the official, she could've release it with the dancing parts only...

• Exhale+

46 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

Me too!!! I believe that David Lachapelle is a #FreeBritney supporter and that originated the fight inside her team, the cage in the MM mv plus the chains in the scrapped album cover can point it. Besides that, I really can't imagine Britney fighting with any director because he's asking her to do a sensual shoot, no, no, no. The best thing that happens in the official video it's it ending, it's horrible, the scrapped one is bad edited and G-Eazy part could never happen if it depended on my point of view, but it's a million times better than the official, she could've release it with the dancing parts only...

Honestly Britney dancing and looking beautiful is enough to make MM music video great. 

The plot of the official music video is so cheesy :orangu: i had to look past all of that just to enjoy it. 

• Love 2

Everybody's talking all this stuff about me. Why don't they just let me live?