Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which Britney singles did you think were going to be a hit, but did worse than expected? Vice versa?

2 hours ago, Isla said:

This. Also I think the ban actually got lifted by the time Toxic was released.

Pretty sure it was. It was released only to radio in America I believe, just like Oops!... I Did It Again (song) so it's no wonder that it hit the same place as it.

3 hours ago, Isla said:

This. Also I think the ban actually got lifted by the time Toxic was released.

It didn’t because if it did, Toxic would’ve already peaked at #4 or #2 if not #1

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

It didn’t because if it did, Toxic would’ve already peaked at #4 or #2 if not #1

Really? I'm pretty sure if there was a still a ban in place, it wouldn't have gone top 10, just like Slave did. I'm pretty sure I read the ban was lifted because radio wanted to start playing the song because of how well it was doing internationally. 

Just now, Isla said:

Really? I'm pretty sure if there was a still a ban in place, it wouldn't have gone top 10, just like Slave did. I'm pretty sure I read the ban was lifted because radio wanted to start playing the song because of how well it was doing internationally. 

Srry i was wrong and yr right. It got lifted when MATM released

I genuinely thought TTWE would have been massive in the UK and one of her signature songs. I also thought Slumber Party would have been a bigger hit :crying1:

honestly thought TTWE would do a lot better than it did, to see it didn’t go #1 is absurd because to me, I see it as the biggest hit from FF 

22 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

Make Me for obvious reasons.

The song was picking up then started to fall, the vma performance picked the song back up and radio started playing it more, but then the video came and destroyed any chances to keep fans and general people interested. A shame, the song still holds up to this day, its a good tune. The official audio on YouTube has 32mil views, and the comments back then were praising the beat, her voice, the lyrics, everything.

If only she premiered it at the BBMAs 2016 with the original video as it was rumored... I had so many hopes for this amazing song, but they ruined its potential :wendycry:

On 8/1/2020 at 5:25 PM, princessmimi said:

I thought that Slumber Party would've been a hit considering it had that tropical beat that was popular in 2015-2016

It also had one of her best videos ever!

Im ashamed at fans who didnt even bother buying or streaming it.

I definitely think it would've at least been in a top 20 hit

I thought so too. It was trending on YouTube for quite a while and I was hearing it everywhere (at the gym, at clubs, in stores).