Late 2000s-Early 2010s was a golden era in pop music + culture

• Exhale+
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

It was a golden era, but will never top the golden era of 1998-2003 :kylie:

Did that era have Hillary Duff? :kylie:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

I feel you! Competition was healthy to some extent, I mean, many musicians being successful at the same time. 
Award shows were actually exciting (VMAs from 2006-2011 or so, and the AMAs had really creative performances). 
Maaaan I feel nostalgic! 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Omg you're making me feel so nostalgic, I miss this era :omggg:

I remember the days when Katy, Britney, Taylor, Gaga and Rihanna dominated the radio :yesplease:

(I don't know why but I remember SO MUCH of the general public's hype for Britney's Femme Fatale album even though I was like,,,, 4-5 years old from when that era was going on)

Also this was back when a #1 still meant a song had impact like now a days, most of the songs going #1 won't even be remembered in a year, let alone a few years.

Only @Towelney will somewhat understand :gagasmile:

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • Exhale+
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

:shameless:

It was a dark time in music then :kylie:

Spoiler

Jk I actually like her music :shameless:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Exhale+
1 minute ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Omg you're making me feel so nostalgic, I miss this era :omggg:

I remember the days when Katy, Britney, Taylor, Gaga and Rihanna dominated the radio :yesplease:

(I don't know why but I remember SO MUCH of the general public's hype for Britney's Femme Fatale album even though I was like,,,, 4-5 years old from when that era was going on)

Only @Towelney will somewhat understand :gagasmile:

I remember, too. I was like 8/9 at the time. :kylie: 
I had HIAM, TTWE, IWG, and Criminal on repeat that whole summer. :kylie:

It drove my parents crazy :kylie:

• Like 1

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Exhale+
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

:pika: I abandoned everyone that wasn't Britney in 2013 :shameless: Karma for all y'all letting her flop :pika:

We let Myah’s debut, Basic Jingles, flop :shameless:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

11 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I remember, too. I was like 8/9 at the time. :kylie: 
I had HIAM, TTWE, IWG, and Criminal on repeat that whole summer. :kylie:

It drove my parents crazy :kylie:

I remember the days that I Wanna Go, Criminal and Hold It Against Me were released as singles for the album omg.... I was a tiny tiny child so I didn't understand how to listen to music but whenever they came on the radio I was all like: :carpoolney:

(Criminal was little me's favourite out of the singles from Britney's Femme Fatale album because I thought it sounded so catchy :zoomzoom:)

Just talking about this makes me miss that time period so much, I had 0 cares in the world omg. 

• Love 2
  • Exhale+
4 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I remember the days that I Wanna Go, Criminal and Hold It Against Me were released as singles for the album omg.... I was a tiny tiny child so I didn't understand how to listen to music but whenever they came on the radio I was all like: :carpoolney:

(Criminal was little me's favourite out of the singles from Britney's Femme Fatale album because I thought it sounded so catchy :zoomzoom:)

Just talking about this makes me miss that time period so much, I had 0 cares in the world omg. 

If only we could turn back time. :fakecry:

• Love 2

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Exhale+

It was a great time for pop music I agree with that.

Do I miss it ? not really, even thought some of them put out really good music non of them were truly exciting to watch. 

The only one who truly put on a great show was Lady Gaga, she sang live and somewhat danced but, she would talk a lot during her shows and that became tiresome after a while.

The rest of them had good videos but performance wise were a snore-fest. 

My favorites were Gaga and Kesha, I do miss Kesha her first three albums were amazing.

• Love 1

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

• Exhale+
7 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Has this really changed though with today's artists :ohwut:

sadly no :crying4: they continue to s.uck even harder now., 

I'm still waiting for someone to come top Britney but I don't think that's ever gonna happen.

img.gif

• Love 1

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

I agree with you. I had such a beautiful growing up. :crying1:

Today it’s so full of little rappers who barely can rap, are doing crappy music videos with zero impact in the culture. We can 100% say that they have zero stage presence and cannot perform outside of tiktok. So yeah, I feel you. 

• Love 4