Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which debut era is more iconic? Britney or Christina's?

Who had the more iconic and successful era?  

114 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

So I have watched this video from a YouTube channel comparing Jessica, Christina, Britney and Mandy debut eras...

In this, one comment in it said

Quote

the only of them who had 3 #1’s and a Grammy on her debut era, the queen of reinvention (w Madonna), the queen of vocals, the queen of talent, the one and only, miss Christina Aguilera ❤️

Other comments were...

Quote
Christina Aguilera album charted at #1 longer than all of them. She got 3 #1 Hot 100 songs and Grammys out of it.. Within a 6-8 month time frame. Christina is the superior one here. 😍
 
Quote

Christina is the only among the four of them, who've got the Grammys not to mention the Grammy new artist in their time

Quote
Christina Aguilera album charted at #1 longer than all of them. She got 3 #1 Hot 100 songs and Grammys out of it.. Within a 6-8 month time frame. Christina is the superior one here. 😍
 
Quote

Christina Aguilera's stage presence is undeniable!

So it did make me think...

Who had the more successful or Iconic era?...

Britney...Or Christina Aguilera? 
What do you guys think? Lemme know :sendinglove:xtina-brit.jpg.0e1c1206c7356920038dea8c85d24dfb.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

I wasn't even alive because this album pre-dates me by like, years but from what I can tell, Britney.

...Baby One More Time is also still much more remembered than Christina's debut album. Based on the quotes, this video sounds like it was made by a Christina fan. Like when Christina fans take Christina's absolute best vocals ever and compare them to Britney's worst, it's so biased even though Christina is the superior vocalist. (Although correct me if the video isn't biased and shows off their achievements equally)

Share this post


Link to post

Christina’s debut was just a BOMT copy-paste. I’m glad that she reinvented herself in the amazing Stripped era. BOMT has more sales like we know and the singles have more sales then Christina’s. BONT is way more remembered for sure. Britney literally changed the pop music with her BOMT single which was #1 everywhere and it has more 10mill sales unlike Genie in a Bottle. Both of the albums are iconic and successful and good, but BOMT is more iconic for sure. Yes, Christina had 3 #1 singles, but the lead single of BOMT outsold alone the 3 singles of Christina. In that era, Britney sang live and danced a lot, which made the era even more amazing. :yaknow:

Share this post


Link to post

Forgot to mention that The Rolling Stones ranked BOMT as the best debut album of all time :makeitrain:

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I wasn't even alive because this album pre-dates me by like, years but from what I can tell, Britney.

...Baby One More Time is also still much more remembered than Christina's debut album. Based on the quotes, this video sounds like it was made by a Christina fan. Like when Christina fans take Christina's absolute best vocals ever and compare them to Britney's worst, it's so biased even though Christina is the superior vocalist. (Although correct me if the video isn't biased and shows off their achievements equally)

 

7 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Christina’s debut was just a BOMT copy-paste. I’m glad that she reinvented herself in the amazing Stripped era. BOMT has more sales like we know and the singles have more sales then Christina’s. BONT is way more remembered for sure. Britney literally changed the pop music with her BOMT single which was #1 everywhere and it has more 10mill sales unlike Genie in a Bottle. Both of the albums are iconic and successful and good, but BOMT is more iconic for sure. Yes, Christina had 3 #1 singles, but the lead single of BOMT outsold alone the 3 singles of Christina. In that era, Britney sang live and danced a lot, which made the era even more amazing. :yaknow:

 

6 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Forgot to mention that The Rolling Stones ranked BOMT as the best debut album of all time :makeitrain:

iggy azalea s GIF

  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

We know how Grammy's work, and so the Billboard charts, so to name them as reasons for one album to be superior, is well... :surething:

If any we should take the overall sales, which I believe BOMT has sold almost twice as much as CA. And in terms of iconicness, let's be real, BOMT video alone wins over anything Christina released on her first records.

  • Love 4
  • Like 1

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

We know how Grammy's work, and so the Billboard charts, so to name them as reasons for one album to be superior, is well... :surething:

If any we should take the overall sales, which I believe BOMT has sold almost twice as much as CA. And in terms of iconicness, let's be real, BOMT video alone wins over anything Christina released on her first records.

Yes, in single terms, the single BOMT sold 10.5 million, whereas Genie in a bottle sold 7.5 million. In album terms, BOMT sold 33 million copies, and Self-titled sold 17 million 

Share this post


Link to post

Come on now, everyone knew Britney made the biggest splash. The controversy and having a good song, even Xtina’s team knew they would face tough competition 

  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
48 minutes ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

is this a real question? :cackling:

I wanted to ask because of the...reductive comments on the video :cackling:

Share this post


Link to post

LOL is this really a question??

Of course Britney!

Almost everyone knows this song and her schoolgirl outfit is ICONIC and I know that cause when I wore it for Halloween,

lots of people said it was from BOMT.

And also the youtube views say it all:

BOMT got 506 mil views while Genie has 125 mil views

Britney is the QUEEN of teen! :kiss:

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

I wanted to ask because of the...reductive comments on the video :cackling:

It's Xtina fans that have a hard time growing up. I see them fight tooth and nail for everything even going after other 90's popstars, it's like they can't accept that Xtina will always be second rate (I love Xtina but that's the truth) All she had was the voice but there's so many out there with great voices especially now so what else she had to offer? she stood out back then because majority of the popstars were like Britney with okay ish voices. I even once saw a comment saying Xtina dances better than Britney...like get real.

There's always those kinds of fans in every fandom, too delusional to think straight :ririshade2:

Share this post


Link to post

Jessica coming to this thread like...angry jessica simpson GIF

While Mandy’s all like...ridiculous mandy moore GIF by This Is Us

Meanwhile, Christina is over there...

Just kidding, but I think Britney set the bar.  And she set it high.  As talented as each of these girls were Britney was it.  She may not have some of the awards, the respect, or the vocal range that some of these women have, but she has the it factor that sets her apart.britney spears hair flip GIF

  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

Lmao you are asking this on a britney forum. I'm sure the answers will be totally unbiased. As a fan of both I think BOMT has a slight edge tho.

  • Love 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

BOMT:oprah:


I'll be anticipating, this is our song they're playing🎵

Share this post


Link to post

Xtina and BOMT was managed like the same type of era, BOMT Got 2 tours, and Xtina also got 2 tours, xtina edited her album in spanish , and also she do it great touring all the 2000's and january 2001.

BOMT Was touring 1999/ and part of 2000's

 

Britney was more powerfull than xtina because oops came inmediately and her change was more slow rythm , xtina changed ALL THE WAYY i mean ALLLLLL , xtina has the results that she has had because she has made quantum leaps in her decisions, sometimes it is good, but sometimes not so much because you do not build loyalty because you change EVERYTHING and, for example, she does very thematic tours and forgets her hits like come on over, genie and what a girl wants.

  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

This is not even a question. Britney’s impact > 

Also, Britney’s being more relevant today for her notorious insta while Xtina can’t even pull off a sold out residency. She’s always been in Britney’s shadow. 
Do we use Grammys for a validation? Hell no. Cardi B has a Grammy for a best album while Biggie, Tupac and Nicki Minaj has zero. I mean, this situation only speaks volumes. :leaving:

  • Love 4
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Lmao you are asking this on a britney forum. I'm sure the answers will be totally unbiased. As a fan of both I think BOMT has a slight edge tho.

IDK i think its just common sense if u literally ask anyone, the BOMT era comes up to their mouth

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Mattyj7883 said:

Jessica coming to this thread like...angry jessica simpson GIF

While Mandy’s all like...ridiculous mandy moore GIF by This Is Us

Meanwhile, Christina is over there...

Just kidding, but I think Britney set the bar.  And she set it high.  As talented as each of these girls were Britney was it.  She may not have some of the awards, the respect, or the vocal range that some of these women have, but she has the it factor that sets her apart.britney spears hair flip GIF

I really do want to see them all in the same room :OMGney:

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I really do want to see them all in the same room :OMGney:

That actually would be wicked cool!  To have a 90’s Pop Princess reunion.  Imagine?

Spoiler

Although for Brit it would be more like a reLounion because you know who would probably be there.  :sipnstare:

 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...