Your favorite and least favorite years of music from last decade?

Your favorite and least favorite year in music last decade?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Exhale+
45 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

4-44_album_cover.pngTyler,_the_Creator_-_Flower_Boy.png
Rina_Sawayama_-_RINA_(official_mini-albuAlbum_Cover_for_PJ_Morton's_CD_Gumbo.jpgSt_Vincent_-_Masseduction.pngKendrick_Lamar_-_Damn.pngKesha_-_Rainbow_(Official_Album_Cover).pH.E.R._(2017)_album_cover.jpg

2017 had better mainstream music than released albums overall tbh. nevertheless, a pretty strong year for music.

Hide contents

2U

4:44

Anywhere 

Attention

Bad Liar 

Believer

Bodak Yellow

Bon Appetit

Boys Charli

Butterfly Effect

Chained to the Rhythm

Chanel

Cola

Congratulations 

Corazon

Cyber Stockholm Syndrome 

Drowning

Dusk Till Dawn

Family Feud

Feel It Still

Feels

Felices los 4

Fetish

First Begun

Hey DJ

Hillside Boys

How Long

It Ain’t Me

LMK

Los Ageless

LOVE.

Love On the Brain

Malibu

Mans Not Hot

Mask Off

May I Have This Dance

Mi Gente

Neighbors

New Freezer 

New Rules

No Complaints

No Frauds

No Good

Passionfruit

Perfect

Portland 

Praying

Reggaeton Lento

River

Rockin’

Rockstar

Sign of the Times

Sit Next To Me

Subeme La Radio

Symphony

Take Me As I Am

The Cure

Unforgettable 

Wild Thoughts

Wolves

Xo Tour Life

all certified bops btw :chrissy: 

Yeah...but all feel stale to 2016 music. Flower boy, and rainbow are pretty good records tho

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

8 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Ok so after watching younger day's videos on Youtube - 'hit songs of each year', this is my definitive ranking that literally no one asked for but I'm gonna do anyway cause I'm bored and I like making lists. :byesmoke:

1. 2011 = 2013 (I mean, let's be real - banger after banger after banger :fakecry:
  2. 2012 (A really second close by only a percentage. Another really great year for music. :mimiclap:)
  3. 2010 = 2019 (Both of these years received 56% but I think I slightly prefer 2019 music. While 2010 may have had some better mainstream music, I think 2019 had overall better bodies of work, especially in the album department. NFR, Igor, WWAFAWDWG, TUN, Hollywood's Bleeding, etc.)
  4. 2015 (To my surprise, this year wasn't AS bad as I thought. Deep/tropical house and acoustic-style pop basically owned the airwaves that year. Oh and the rise of mumble/Soundcloud rap. tired.gif)
  5. 2017 (2017 was a bit musically inconsistent which is why it ranked a bit lower but to my surprise, this year in particular had the most stand out tracks aside from probably 2011 and 2013. Also, the standout tracks from that year don't sound the slightest bit dated. ANYWAY...y'all are crazy for voting 2017 as the worst considering some of the best songs of last decade were released this year. :ari:
  6. 2016 (This year was a hit-and-miss but mostly a miss. :begone: By no means anywhere near the best year of music last decade and am shocked to see it ranked so high on the poll. Knee stans once again proving how delusional they are just because their fave released a subpar album that year. :byesmoke:)
  7. 2014 (I was shocked at how low 2014 ranked. :ohwut: I thought it would have been at least in the top 5 but now that I think about it, literally everything kinda sounded the same that year, especially the hip-hop scene. Talk about mandela effect. :martini: )
  8. 2018 (ok - by far, the DEFINITIVE worst year for music last decade. And now that I reflect back, it really was the lowest point in music history this century so far. I mean, it ranked 29%...doesn't get any worse than that and seems like much of the general public would also agree - https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/11/29/2018-awful-year-pop-hits/2148224002/. :boredashell:)

also electric chair to @Iconic 4 U, @Urbanney and @vzlafan for thinking 2018 was the best year of music last decade and electric chair to @Iconic 4 U / @Urbanney(once again) @sochaotic, and @BUWYGFfor ranking 2011/2013 as the worst. :liar:

gurl are u ok??? we can have different points of view.

i think we need all exhalers elevate our counsciousness level to another point