Grammys are pointless (opinion)

i really don't get why stans care so much about fkn grammy awards or whatever,  it's such bull****

The Grammys are a worthless joke and nothing but a promotional circle jerk for “the business” and always have been.

They always give awards to the most basic albums, Megan Trainor literally has a grammy while Bob Marley, Tupac Shakur, Bjork, Freddy, Mercury, Jimi Hendrix, Snoop Dogg, Nas, and a tons of other talented artists never won any. Why don't people realize how ridiculous those award shows are? You don't need awards to make a cultural impact lol

Stop reducing the value of an artist to the number of awards they've bought won. 

Award shows are literally just a promotional tool for record labels to promote their artists, they brag about celebrating "artistic excellence" but they act like good music is limited to the mainstream landscape, there are a tons of artists who make better music than the people who get nominated. 

What's the purpose of grammys? You really think people in real life care about this stuff? You really think before listening to a certain artist people will be like "This ***** has no grammys, let me skip" ? :chrissy:

Everyone thinks their favorite genre or area of music is the best and deserves AOTY. It's impossible for everyone to agree that one album, from one artist is better than all the rest. **** THE GRAMMYS. Because not only do they judge and award one of the most highly subjective areas of art, but it’s done in an even more disrespectful way because people make it out to be like the most accurate, god-like accolade you can receive when they constantly **** up and only reward the artists that are popular, will bring in money, and aren’t too dangerous. It’s honestly aggravating af. 

vWAUw7j5O7zwxCHvOZwvpwoeox8.jpg

grammys-pointless.jpg.c19416a35d727ebe482e748166028e5c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Super Moderators

because most stans live through their idols since they are very insecure of themselves and need to be associated with greatness. Awards make you look good,  just like Sam getting that useless beauty award, you suddenly get the perception of importance. Basically when I read stan post it just comes off petty and stupid, like why do you care that much. It's getting more irritating as I'm stanning a popstar who literally is in legal slavery and abusive situation yet they are crying if their idol doesn't get #1 or when the media says mean things about them "omg they are always so cruel to (pop girl) she goes through so much **** yet remains so strong" while in my head "at least they get to use cell phones and chat freely with their fans. Mine can't even walk out of the house without an ******." :rlynow:

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Exhale+

100% agreed. And many (read 90%) of people agree with you completely. Grammy's are overrated and have lost all their credibility with Beyonce and the amount of awards shes suspiciously getting. Even the general population stopped buying it simply because it makes no sense, she is not better than so many artists so everyone figured out shes being favorized for some reason. 

Anyway, the only people who actually care about Grammy's are Beyonce stans and that's it. Katy Perry never received a single grammy but look at the impact she had on pop and how famous and iconic she is :mhm: At this point, I have more appreciation for BBMA and VMA than for them, they can kindly fu*k off :rihit:

• Love 2
  • Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

100% agreed. And many (read 90%) of people agree with you completely. Grammy's are overrated and have lost all their credibility with Beyonce and the amount of awards shes suspiciously getting. Even the general population stopped buying it simply because it makes no sense, she is not better than so many artists so everyone figured out shes being favorized for some reason. 

Anyway, the only people who actually care about Grammy's are Beyonce stans and that's it. Katy Perry never received a single grammy but look at the impact she had on pop and how famous and iconic she is :mhm: At this point, I have more appreciation for BBMA and VMA than for them, they can kindly fu*k off :rihit:

She got all those grammys because her father became one of it's members or some title. I went to the grammy museum (not surprise Bey's stuff is everywhere) but I saw his name listed on a plaque. Her father is trash so I'm sure he pulled some **** to get her all those awards 

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Like 2
  • Exhale+
7 minutes ago, Puppy said:

She got all those grammys because her father became one of it's members or some title. I went to the grammy museum (not surprise Bey's stuff is everywhere) but I saw his name listed on a plaque. Her father is trash so I'm sure he pulled some **** to get her all those awards 

:orangu: How did he even make it in the show biz so far?  I don't get it. 

• Super Moderators
1 minute ago, BUWYGF said:

:orangu: How did he even make it in the show biz so far?  I don't get it. 

by screwing over a lot of people. I feel for Beyonce sometimes, because she became the way she is due to him being extra hard on her. I just know he was part of the grammy committee or something like that, seems he really wanted to ensure his daughter have a legacy because going through the exhibits, every where you turn you will see Beyonce somehow. 

• Love 2
  • Exhale+
1 minute ago, Puppy said:

by screwing over a lot of people. I feel for Beyonce sometimes, because she became the way she is due to him being extra hard on her. I just know he was part of the grammy committee or something like that, seems he really wanted to ensure his daughter have a legacy because going through the exhibits, every where you turn you will see Beyonce somehow. 

That's so ******* sick. I'm honestly surprised the powerful white men in the background didnt catch on to him and discriminate against him? Music industry is still very racist in the background, so it amazes me he managed to stick for so long and get so high in the hierarchy. I kinda think he did some atrocious things for the white men so this is his reward, who knows. :rihit:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Moderators
Just now, BUWYGF said:

That's so ******* sick. I'm honestly surprised the powerful white men in the background didnt catch on to him and discriminate against him? Music industry is still very racist in the background, so it amazes me he managed to stick for so long and get so high in the hierarchy. I kinda think he did some atrocious things for the white men so this is his reward, who knows. :rihit:

yeah I don't know how, I don't think dirty like that which is probably why I will never be successful. He basically took control over destiny's child as there was a woman that put the girls together and he became that parent that would overstep his boundaries during rehearsals and he basically tried to learn as much as he can and hustling. I can see why she fired him and now he's on the radio advertising mentorships...once trash always trash:ririshade2:

• Love 1
  • Exhale+

Sorry but the fact, that Mariah Carey has 5 grammy awards, Madonna has 8 grammys, Britney has 1 grammy and Bob marley, Katy perry, Diana ross have 0 grammys..but Beyonce has 23 grammys? Bey better give exhale points to her father :leaving:

And ironically,the only excuse the beyhives can give to prove something is 23 grammys makes Beyonce better than every singer :nyheadache: BULL-SHIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! :katyclown:

The grammys lost their worth itself in 1996, when Mariah carey didnt carry a single grammy to home for the Fantasty era :wyd:

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

3 hours ago, GMFlop said:

You're only saying that since Britney only won once or a few, otherwise you wouldn't mind. 

Bob marley, tupac, freddy mercury, nas not winning, and billie eillish having as many grammys as mariah And mkre than whitney already proves the grammys is a worthless...dont get me wrong i love billie... but its an award given by old white men... all the academies with their racist backgrounds. Over them. 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Sorry but the fact, that Mariah Carey has 5 grammy awards, Madonna has 8 grammys, Britney has 1 grammy and Bob marley, Katy perry, Diana ross have 0 grammys..but Beyonce has 23 grammys? Bey better give exhale points to her father :leaving:

And ironically,the only excuse the beyhives can give to prove something is 23 grammys makes Beyonce better than every singer :nyheadache: BULL-SHIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT! :katyclown:

The grammys lost their worth itself in 1996, when Mariah carey didnt carry a single grammy to home for the Fantasty era :wyd:

Katy with 0 awards? :deserves:

• Like 2
  • Super Moderators
12 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

but they act like good music is limited to the mainstream landscape

yet, if they're too commercial like Britney, tend to get rejected even from a nomniation.

There's many articles of people that have belonged to the committee of the Grammy's , and the process of selecting the nominees and winners is ridiculous. Starting from the fact that record labels have to submit the albums they want to be considered, that alone they're telling us they don't really care to award the best work, or they would really consider everything  that was released, independently of it gets submitted or not.

Here's from an article:

Who votes on the nominations and awards?

Only Recording Academy voting members vote on Grammy winners. The Academy flaunts the fact that the voting committees are made up of a jury of a musician's peers. What that means in practicality is that musicians, engineers, lyricists, producers, and liner note writers can all apply to vote.

There are four ways to become eligible to vote for Grammy winners:

1. Have been credited with 12 physical or digital tracks released online only and currently available for purchase, with at least one track in the past five years
  2. Have six credits on commercially released tracks currently available for sale and distributed through physical distribution outlets (such as record stores), with at least one track in the past five years
  3. Have won a Grammy before
  4. Get an endorsement from a current voting member

After a person has met one of these requirements, she can apply, pay $100 in yearly dues, and vote for the Grammys. Voting members are asked to vote in only nine genre categories and the four main categories (Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best New Artist) when choosing nominees. They are then asked to vote for winners in up to 20 genre categories and the four major categories, so that their expertise is best used.

But that means some genres are voted on less than others in the nominations round, and then many people without expertise vote to pick genre winners.

So those self-selected voters decide whether I get nominated?

Not really.

In the mid-1990s, the Recording Academy quietly assembled a committee to review voters' choices. This committee goes over the nominations for the top four categories, plus the Country, R&B, Latin, Gospel, Jazz, Classical, and Music Video categories. Then they make adjustments if they feel adjustments are needed. Basically, all the categories that drive television ratings, as well as categories in specialty genres, can be rigged by this undisclosed private committee.

To the Grammys' credit, this committee has some value. It was established after Lionel Richie's Can't Slow Down won Album of the Year over Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA and Prince's Purple Rain. Richie was far from the best choice that year, and his win helped create the public perception that the Grammys were cut off from what "good music" meant.

What the committee does and how it makes choices, though, remains fairly private. The names of members are kept secret, and the only journalist to get a member of the committee to speak (off the record) was Robert Hilburn in 1999 for the LA Times. In that article, the unnamed source explains how the group decides the nominees:

The goal in each category is to take the 20 nominations that the members send forth and get the list down to a consensus of the seven or eight that we feel are the [best]. When we get that consensus, we stop. Each member of the committee then fills out a ballot, which isn't tabulated that day. So when we leave the room, no one — including Mike Greene — knows the results. The only ones who know are the accountants when they tabulate it later.

Notably, this manipulation goes completely unnoted on the Grammy website.

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean