Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beyoncé drops Deluxe version of "The Gift" and video for "Already" featuring Shatta Wale, Major Lazer

Someone please explain to me how a MOVIE SOUNDTRACK now has a visual album? :calculating: Isn’t that the very definition of a soundtrack? :orangu: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Trentals said:

Someone please explain to me how a MOVIE SOUNDTRACK now has a visual album? :calculating: Isn’t that the very definition of a soundtrack? :orangu: 

It's odd, indeed. I watched a few interviews last year of Beyonce discussing The Gift and I think she mentioned a couple of things:

- The Gift is a Lion-King-inspired album which takes on the same thematic and Beyonce simply added her own spin to it. Out of all songs from this album, they only included Spirit into the movie. 

The_Lion_King_Original_Motion_Picture_So this is the soundtrack of the movie which includes a remastered version of the original score by Hans Zimmer (God of soundtracks btw) 

In essence, Beyonce chose to put the name of the movie into her album title (The Lion King: The Gift) so people often confuse which one of the two albums is the real soundtrack. She simply chose the movie as her album theme. That's all. Plus all the other benefits that come with Disney, etc lol

I think she did a phenomenal job with The Gift. It's so unique and Lion King is my favourite Disney movie so the album truly was a gift for me. She's embracing her blackness in it and the production, vocals, lyrical content, featured artists are marvelous. The interludes give me chills - a very clever way to use movie quotes to make your album cohesive. It just makes sense. I love it. 

I have this weird feeling that she had already filmed a few music videos for some songs from the album when she released Spirit + Bigger last year, and was planning a surprise release had Spirit won an Oscar for best soundtrack. Well, that didn't happen so she probably chose to make a full visual album, although at this point, I don't expect her to release any solo albums that wouldn't be visuals. It's become her trademark. 

With the covid19 situation, the visual album re-release makes sense to me. I'll give it a watch today. 

6 hours ago, Puppy said:

Which one you settled on? :clicktina:

The one with the trees.:enigma:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

I’m not happy that the music is bad (:chrissy:) but I am happy her reign is finally letting up a little so other artists have more place to shine

4 hours ago, Trentals said:

This should be the first comment :barbie::tifflmao:

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

4 hours ago, Trentals said:

Well... “The Gift” isn’t/wasn’t a soundtrack but instead a concept album based on “The Lion King”. 

Have you noticed? Beyoncé loves using people as props. I'm kinda tired of that already. She fights for equality but she does NOT see herself equal to others. It may seem like I'm looking too much into it but she keeps doing it, it's so obvious to me now.
Song and video are nice of course because she will die and take half a planet with her before releasing anything below good, but I just can't seem to connect with her on a "personal" level. She's too much of an ego. Godspeed, though.

6 hours ago, Towelney said:

The one with the trees.:enigma:

You mean the original standard cover? :jl:

2 minutes ago, Puppy said:

You mean the original standard cover? :jl:

Yeah :katyclown: I kind of regret it now lol

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

4 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Black Parade is a bop.

You like it lol? :orangu:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

18 minutes ago, Towelney said:

Yeah :katyclown: I kind of regret it now lol

It’s so funny that after much deliberation that you ended up with the standard lol It’s not a bad cover lol but since the others aren’t available no more, kinda wasted opportunity. I got the running one and even I’m questioning if I did make the right call as I lost my mind trying to settle for just ONE as that’s all I can afford. Almost got the trees too! It’s definitely a good album to have so overall slay! :clap1:

Beyonce honey we get it, you are a proud black woman and your roots go back to Africa, we get it, so now  I want you to go to your mental vault and channel Sasha to release a bop :nyschool:

Is it just me or is her dancing starting to get a little stiff? or maybe it's just this style that doesn't really fit her. idk.  and i'm sorry but mama, this song is garbage. i miss her beyonce era days.