Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrong YT VEVO videos titles: the correction

Recommended Posts

Hi! :hiii:

Omg... Everyone know Britney's VEVO channel...well, I will show you today the correct titles of wrong titles of her videos:

Britney Spears - Womanizer (Director's Cut) -> Britney Spears - Womanizer (Uncensored Version)

Because the real Director's Cut version have no sponsors like the Nokia phone, and have some uncut scenes.

 

Britney Spears - Gimme More (Official Video) -> Britney Spears - Gimme More (Director's Cut)

Because the official version is the Censored version with some additional/uncut scenes, the Director's Cut version has some Uncensored scenes but zoomed to censor.

 

Britney Spears - Sometimes (Official Video) -> Britney Spears - Sometimes (Alternative Version)

The official version has a close-up of Britney's face singing the first part of the song (at 0:11), while the Alternative Version has a dance scene.

 

Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (Official Video) -> Britney Spears - Hold It Against Me (Extended US Version)

The Extended US Version has sponsors ads scenes (SONY, Make-up, Perfume, etc.) and the song is extended for the SONY touchscreen scenes. The International Version (also known as "Director's Cut Version" or "MTV Version") has new uncut scenes (without sponsor ads scenes) but the song is a little shorter.

 

Britney Spears - Piece Of Me -> Britney Spears - Piece Of Me (US Uncensored Version)

There are 5 versions of POM: US Censored, US Uncensored, International Censored, International Uncensored, Rough Edit/Director's Cut. The US Version don't have Britney with a short wig scenes on the first part of the video while the International have it.

 

Britney Spears - Slumber Party ft. Tinashe (Official Video) ft. Tinashe -> Britney Spears - Slumber Party (Official Video) ft. Tinashe

They put two times "ft. Tinashe" on the title :icant2:

 

Britney Spears - Boys (Album Version) (Official Video) -> Britney Spears - Boys (Co-ed remix) [Official Video] ft. Pharrell Williams

It's not the Album Version but the Co-Ed Remix.

 

Britney Spears - Piece Of Me (International Version) -> Britney Spears - Piece Of Me (International Uncensored Version)

It has uncensored scenes and isn't the censored version.

 

Piece of Me (Live from Apple Music Fjavascript:void(0)estival, London, 2016) -> Piece of Me (Live from Apple Music Festival, London, 2016)

Well here it's obvious :cheese:

 

Britney Spears - Stronger (Official Video) -> Britney Spears - Stronger (Director’s Cut)

The spinning chair was removed on the director’s cut and was replaced by a close up of Britney’s face. Some scenes are modified, adjusted with more lighting on the Director’s Cut with a fake sky.

 

Share this post


Link to post

I do agree with some obvious titles that are wrong, like Boys, but why would they call a video "the uncensored version", like Piece of Me? If the uncensored version is the official, why even make the distinction?

Or HIAM. I'm in Mexico, and the version on YouTube is the same we got here on MTV. To me that has always been the official video, and the one that's on Jonas Åkerlund website is the Director's Cut. Same thing with Stronger, and the Director's Cut on Joseph's channel.

 

About duets, the use of commas, as I understand, is a synonym of "with" or "and", to imply both artists are at the same level of "ownership" of the song, so to speak, independently of whose channel is it. Like Pretty Girls, remember how much Iggy Azalea whined that she wasn't a featured artist, but it was a true duet, to the point they even changed the cover of the single to replace the "ft." for "&" ?

 

Slumber Party and Boys, aren't duets, at least they've never been credited as such. Tinashe and Pharrell are featured artists, so it's ok if they go after the title of the song: Slumber Party ft. Tinashe.

It's like, if they put the full title of Lady Marmalade, it should have to be: "Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink - Lady Marmalade ft. Missy Elliott" because Missy isn't at the same level of collaboration, at least as a performer of the song (I know she produced the track).

 

Like this video, the main artists are Los Ángeles Azules, Belinda and Lalo Ebratt, but the featured artist is Horacio Palencia, so he appears at the end of the title

 


I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I do agree with some obvious titles that are wrong, like Boys, but why would they call a video "the uncensored version", like Piece of Me? If the uncensored version is the official, why even make the distinction?

Or HIAM. I'm in Mexico, and the version on YouTube is the same we got here on MTV. To me that has always been the official video, and the one that's on Jonas Åkerlund website is the Director's Cut. Same thing with Stronger, and the Director's Cut on Joseph's channel.

 

About duets, the use of commas, as I understand, is a synonym of "with" or "and", to imply both artists are at the same level of "ownership" of the song, so to speak, independently of whose channel is it. Like Pretty Girls, remember how much Iggy Azalea whined that she wasn't a featured artist, but it was a true duet, to the point they even changed the cover of the single to replace the "ft." for "&" ?

 

Slumber Party and Boys, aren't duets, at least they've never been credited as such. Tinashe and Pharrell are featured artists, so it's ok if they go after the title of the song: Slumber Party ft. Tinashe.

It's like, if they put the full title of Lady Marmalade, it should have to be: "Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink - Lady Marmalade ft. Missy Elliott" because Missy isn't at the same level of collaboration, at least as a performer of the song (I know she produced the track).

 

Like this video, the main artists are Los Ángeles Azules, Belinda and Lalo Ebratt, but the featured artist is Horacio Palencia, so he appears at the end of the title

 

I agree with the duets/ft. things, I will correct that. I was confused since on some songs, they don’t use « ft. » even if the featuring artist say only a few words, so it might be some exceptions that confused me. Thank you so much for the information!!

 

However, THE official version of Piece Of Me is the « International Censored Version » as far as I know, at the same time, it’s logic since it’s the version which is supposed to be seen around the world, the US version is the original cut however, the International Censored version is the one I have seen everywhere (on many TV channels rips of MTV France, Spain, UK, or M6 Music, CSTAR, Music Choice, etc. iirc). So that’s why US Uncensored Version should be mentioned.


Hold It Against Me has a different story, yes some MTV channels of some countries broadcast the Extended US Version because the contracts of SONY for example are applied to these countries (because many products may not be available everywhere in the world). The Director’s Cut is however braodcasted on the other MTV channels of the other countries, as well as all channels of the whole world in fact. There are some exceptions, where some channels like CSTAR, broadcasts the US extended but blur ANY sponsored product/logo of a brand (because here again, the contracts of the sponsorship don’t apply to some countries).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Her team just doesn’t care about her artistry. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. Can we fire them all and start over?  :wyd:

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

Her team just doesn’t care about her artistry. I’ve never seen anything like it in my life. Can we fire them all and start over?  :wyd:

It’s a shame, there’s no respect for Britney... Sometimes I even want to pay to fix her channel lmao

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I do agree with some obvious titles that are wrong, like Boys, but why would they call a video "the uncensored version", like Piece of Me? If the uncensored version is the official, why even make the distinction?

Or HIAM. I'm in Mexico, and the version on YouTube is the same we got here on MTV. To me that has always been the official video, and the one that's on Jonas Åkerlund website is the Director's Cut. Same thing with Stronger, and the Director's Cut on Joseph's channel.

 

About duets, the use of commas, as I understand, is a synonym of "with" or "and", to imply both artists are at the same level of "ownership" of the song, so to speak, independently of whose channel is it. Like Pretty Girls, remember how much Iggy Azalea whined that she wasn't a featured artist, but it was a true duet, to the point they even changed the cover of the single to replace the "ft." for "&" ?

 

Slumber Party and Boys, aren't duets, at least they've never been credited as such. Tinashe and Pharrell are featured artists, so it's ok if they go after the title of the song: Slumber Party ft. Tinashe.

It's like, if they put the full title of Lady Marmalade, it should have to be: "Christina Aguilera, Lil' Kim, Mya, Pink - Lady Marmalade ft. Missy Elliott" because Missy isn't at the same level of collaboration, at least as a performer of the song (I know she produced the track).

 

Like this video, the main artists are Los Ángeles Azules, Belinda and Lalo Ebratt, but the featured artist is Horacio Palencia, so he appears at the end of the title

 

An example of MTV broadcasting the Director’s Cut: https://www.mtv.es/musica/videos/fr526z/Hold-It-Against-Me

(yeah they cut the last minute of the music video, the video finish when Britney’s fighting with her clone finishes, the real Director’s Cut finish like the official)

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

I agree with the duets/ft. things, I will correct that. I was confused since on some songs, they don’t use « ft. » even if the featuring artist say only a few words, so it might be some exceptions that confused me. Thank you so much for the information!!

 

However, THE official version of Piece Of Me is the « International Censored Version » as far as I know, at the same time, it’s logic since it’s the version which is supposed to be seen around the world, the US version is the original cut however, the International Censored version is the one I have seen everywhere (on many TV channels rips of MTV France, Spain, UK, or M6 Music, CSTAR, Music Choice, etc. iirc). So that’s why US Uncensored Version should be mentioned.


Hold It Against Me has a different story, yes some MTV channels of some countries broadcast the Extended US Version because the contracts of SONY for example are applied to these countries (because many products may not be available everywhere in the world). The Director’s Cut is however braodcasted on the other MTV channels of the other countries, as well as all channels of the whole world in fact. There are some exceptions, where some channels like CSTAR, broadcasts the US extended but blur ANY sponsored product/logo of a brand (because here again, the contracts of the sponsorship don’t apply to some countries).

 

 

Well, I don't know, but to me "uncensored" versions of everything, even when we talk about explicit content in songs, have always been the official version, except for rare occasions like Hot As Ice. Instead, when they get censored, that's when we get the Clean or Censored tags.

Like Scream & Shout Remix. This is the official video (the explicit one)

 

And then there's the censored version, which doesn't even specify on the title, but it was uploaded a million years later, it has so much less views in comparison, and well, it's simply not the official version, it's the censored one. If any this is the one that should have the tag (Clean) or (Censored)

 

Pre-VEVO era videos, it's hard for me to tell, because tbh I don't know like, 100% sure, all the version that there are, or which version the US got from a certain video, and which version the rest of the world got, and then compare those to the ones that appear on Greatest Hits and the ones that appear on The Singles Collection and even compare the ones on Apple Music or other platforms that sell the music videos. What I do remember is that for Piece of Me we got the two versions since the beginning, the US version and the International, and then there was a different cut. I didn't even know there were censored versions. But I would assume since Britney is from the US, the US must be the official version. And the uncensored version must be the official, and the censored version is just the one that some tv channels or whatever would play.

But ever since the videos were released through her VEVO channel (from HIAM onward), I've always assumed that the video that's on her channel for a specific song, is the official one. :yaknow: Whatever changes they make around the world for their broadcast, that's up to the tv channel or whatever, like Pretty Girls, that MTV removes those flashing scenes at the beginning, or that UK channel that created an alternative S&S video with footage from the standard and the remix.


I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Well, I don't know, but to me "uncensored" versions of everything, even when we talk about explicit content in songs, have always been the official version, except for rare occasions like Hot As Ice. Instead, when they get censored, that's when we get the Clean or Censored tags.

Like Scream & Shout Remix. This is the official video (the explicit one)

 

And then there's the censored version, which doesn't even specify on the title, but it was uploaded a million years later, it has so much less views in comparison, and well, it's simply not the official version, it's the censored one. If any this is the one that should have the tag (Clean) or (Censored)

 

Pre-VEVO era videos, it's hard for me to tell, because tbh I don't know like, 100% sure, all the version that there are, or which version the US got from a certain video, and which version the rest of the world got, and then compare those to the ones that appear on Greatest Hits and the ones that appear on The Singles Collection and even compare the ones on Apple Music or other platforms that sell the music videos. What I do remember is that for Piece of Me we got the two versions since the beginning, the US version and the International, and then there was a different cut. I didn't even know there were censored versions. But I would assume since Britney is from the US, the US must be the official version. And the uncensored version must be the official, and the censored version is just the one that some tv channels or whatever would play.

But ever since the videos were released through her VEVO channel (from HIAM onward), I've always assumed that the video that's on her channel for a specific song, is the official one. :yaknow: Whatever changes they make around the world for their broadcast, that's up to the tv channel or whatever, like Pretty Girls, that MTV removes those flashing scenes at the beginning, or that UK channel that created an alternative S&S video with footage from the standard and the remix.

I wasn’t talking about the lyrics where of course the explicit lyrics are the official, like It’s Britney B***h which is also present in the Censored Version. There are two types of Censored Version:

- The Music Video Censor: some explicit/vulgar scenes are replaced or edited

- The lyrics Censor

Your example of Scream And Shout is based on the lyrics Censor. The Piece Of Me Censored Version don’t have censored lyrics but censored scenes. Look at my version of Piece Of Me, at the window scene of Britney changing her clothes (at 0:21):

While the Uncensored has a different scene (at 0:21)


I have seen the censored versions everywhere, never the uncensored ones of VEVO, so if almost all TV channels broadcasted the censored version, we can conclude that was the official (or main, if official is the wrong term to use) version. Also, the International Version Censored was the Official Planned Version, why? Because if we watch the Rough First Edit Version (also known as Director’s Cut), we see Britney with the International Wig scenes, with the censored window scenes (and green screen scenes), so that’s why the Internation Censored Version was the official Version. 

Because we have to remember that the first version aired on TV channels are always the first edit version of the director, and after the director make some adjustments or uncensor the scenes, like Womanizer. Womanizer Censored Version was normally the official one (the cartoonish transitions effects shows that was the final production planned), the uncensored version don’t have these transitions which let us think that was the second version with less edits on the music video.

Also, I forgot about the Stronger Video. The version of the spinning chair is the official video and the one on her VEVO channel has the Director’s Cut in fact (released in 2004) where the chair spinning and some dance routines where removed and replaced by a close-up of Britney’s face.

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, MSTAR said:

I wasn’t talking about the lyrics where of course the explicit lyrics are the official, like It’s Britney B***h which is also present in the Censored Version. There are two types of Censored Version:

- The Music Video Censor: some explicit/vulgar scenes are replaced or edited

- The lyrics Censor

Your example of Scream And Shout is based on the lyrics Censor. The Piece Of Me Censored Version don’t have censored lyrics but censored scenes. Look at my version of Piece Of Me, at the window scene of Britney changing her clothes (at 0:21):

While the Uncensored has a different scene (at 0:21)


I have seen the censored versions everywhere, never the uncensored ones of VEVO, so if almost all TV channels broadcasted the censored version, we can conclude that was the official (or main, if official is the wrong term to use) version. Also, the International Version Censored was the Official Planned Version, why? Because if we watch the Rough First Edit Version (also known as Director’s Cut), we see Britney with the International Wig scenes, with the censored window scenes (and green screen scenes), so that’s why the Internation Censored Version was the official Version. 

Because we have to remember that the first version aired on TV channels are always the first edit version of the director, and after the director make some adjustments or uncensor the scenes, like Womanizer. Womanizer Censored Version was normally the official one (the cartoonish transitions effects shows that was the final production planned), the uncensored version don’t have these transitions which let us think that was the second version with less edits on the music video.

Also, I forgot about the Stronger Video. The version of the spinning chair is the official video and the one on her VEVO channel has the Director’s Cut in fact (released in 2004) where the chair spinning and some dance routines where removed and replaced by a close-up of Britney’s face.

 

Ok, I see the difference between the censored and uncensored Piece of Me, but I stand by the same point, that the official video can be one, and the version they send to TV channels be another. I'm searching on an old Britney fan blog from back in the day, and they never mention the distinction between an uncensored or censored version. They mention the US, the International, and the Director's Cut. They do link to "the official" video which was apparently on Britney.com and Jive Records YouTube channel, but the link doesn't exist anymore, so we can't check which version was it, unless someone remembers that.

The thing is, a version of a video can be played all around the world in different tv channels, but that doesn't mean that's the official, the official video is the one that the record label decides. I mean, maybe you are right about POM, but it's not just because that was the version most channels played, but because it was the official one all along instead. If the uncensored version was the one that hit the internet on the official sites when it premiered, that must be the official one, despite which version they played on tv.

And about Stronger, I always thought the spinning chair one was the International Version (or the Director's Cut) and the one on VEVO is the official one, the one that the US got since the beginning :yaknow:

 


I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Share this post


Link to post

Thx so much for these corrected titles! Exhale appreciates it :clap:

18 replies, 678k sales :imhere:

#Myprediction

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Ok, I see the difference between the censored and uncensored Piece of Me, but I stand by the same point, that the official video can be one, and the version they send to TV channels be another. I'm searching on an old Britney fan blog from back in the day, and they never mention the distinction between an uncensored or censored version. They mention the US, the International, and the Director's Cut. They do link to "the official" video which was apparently on Britney.com and Jive Records YouTube channel, but the link doesn't exist anymore, so we can't check which version was it, unless someone remembers that.

The thing is, a version of a video can be played all around the world in different tv channels, but that doesn't mean that's the official, the official video is the one that the record label decides. I mean, maybe you are right about POM, but it's not just because that was the version most channels played, but because it was the official one all along instead. If the uncensored version was the one that hit the internet on the official sites when it premiered, that must be the official one, despite which version they played on tv.

And about Stronger, I always thought the spinning chair one was the International Version (or the Director's Cut) and the one on VEVO is the official one, the one that the US got since the beginning :yaknow:

 

Yeah I completly agree with you for your point, that’s 100% true that the version aired on TVs channels are not always the official. But what I meant was only for the POM example, why I think the Official (or at least, the early first official version planned) Version is the International Censored because of the First (Prototype?) Rough Edit which is based on the International Censored version:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/81xA/SEWQEvJmN


So that’s why I think the International Censored (or uncensored, whatever) is the Original Version. Also, the proof that the International Version was the original version, the US version was edited after the International one and they did an editing mistake: they forgot to remove the Britney with a wig scene on the transition of the magazine at the first part of the video on the US version. But as we are not sure, I might be wrong lol :)

 

And for the Stronger video, It’s true that’s strange, I don’t find any confirmed accurate information about the versions...

But after some research, I’ve seen that the one with the spinning chair were released in 2000 everywhere, and in 2004 they released the version without the chair spinning and they fixed the lighting/added the fake sky (I’ve also seen that they removed that spinning chair cuz many tried to do it and it was dangerous so they removed it as it was obviously fake and showcased the editing technologies abilities at the time).

So originally, the spinning chair version was the official and after, the non-spinning chair version became the Official and the spinning one became "Director’s Cut". MTV continue until today broadcasting the spinning chair version since I saw it recently.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Thx so much for these corrected titles! Exhale appreciates it :clap:

18 replies, 678k sales :imhere:

#Myprediction

Thank you!! :lizzie:

But what is for the 678k of sales? lol

You mean views?

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Thank you!! :lizzie:

But what is for the 678k of sales? lol

You mean views?

Yeah!
If you have like 1-999 views, that converts into a thousand sales. For example- if the thread has 567 views, it has sold 567,000 sales. :goat:

However, if you have 1k-99k views, that converts into a million sales. For example- if the thread has 7,458 views, that means it has sold 7,458,000 sales :clap1:

Fun fact: If your thread has 10k views, that converts into 10,000,000 sales. That means a diamond thread :pumped: 

But don’t take it seriously, it’s just for fun and play 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yeah!
If you have like 1-999 views, that converts into a thousand sales. For example- if the thread has 567 views, it has sold 567,000 sales. :goat:

However, if you have 1k-99k views, that converts into a million sales. For example- if the thread has 7,458 views, that means it has sold 7,458,000 sales :clap1:

Fun fact: If your thread has 10k views, that converts into 10,000,000 sales. That means a diamond thread :pumped: 

But don’t take it seriously, it’s just for fun and play 
 

 

Omg I LOVE this concept!! :OMGney:

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, MSTAR said:

Omg I LOVE this concept!! :OMGney:

It’s nothing serious, but it’s a fun concept :omgreallyney: 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...