Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do y'all pick up habits/speech patterns from artists you look up to?

(edited)

Do y'all pick up habits/speech patterns from artists you look up to?

As a hardcore Britney stan, I inevitably adapted her mannerisms - how she laughs, how she reacts and how she puts her hands together and rest it below her chin.

I always make the bored Britney face when I'm not interested and I make half-hearted remarks like "ow, that is so cool. i love it." :britstare11:

Whenever I talk to my friends, they'd laugh and tell me "Are you doing the Britney vocal fry again?" :embarrassed:

I also adapted Taylor's dance moves on sleepovers , Ariana's sassy body movements at gay clubs, and Kpop artists' mannerism when they are shocked or startled. :yesokay:

How about you guys? I'd love to know your stories! :hugs:

E66B9393-D2D8-4A6E-B8B4-E9BF14AF50A2.jpeg

Edited by Urbanney
🏅 Featured! -Urbanney

Just now, Style. said:

Me in the club pretending I’m not gay

brit-dance.gif

Butch Kween. :gobaby:

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐈 𝐠𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈’𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐫𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝, 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐬𝐭

3 minutes ago, Corso said:

Butch Kween. :gobaby:

Knee Kween :shameless:

I do think developing a celebrities mannerisms or habits is unhealthy and shows sign of unhealthy obsession, so no

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I used to have a decent amount of Britney mannerisms/habits/expressions back around 2011-2013. I don’t follow any artist closely enough anymore to have the habits though. 

#FreeBritney

I’ve Picked Up Britney’s Talking Mannerism, For Some Reason I’m Always Saying ‘Cool’, ‘Yeah’, And ‘Very Cool’. 

Growing up it was more apparent since we are sponges when we’re younger, but now I’ll just imitate for fun. I like to over exaggerate my singing and I become Marina whenever I hear songs where her accent is more dominant like 

:ricackle:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

I picked mannerisms from characters from shows, I picked from Britney the hand gestures she makes when she's nervous and the awkward smiles......... I love that woman :crying1:

Yep, when I was younger I literally talked and smiled like Britney :orangu: And during xfactor era, i completely picked up her awkward stiff smile :gloria: people were uncomfortable lol

1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

I do think developing a celebrities mannerisms or habits is unhealthy and shows sign of unhealthy obsession, so no

Pretty sure all of us here have an unhealthy obsession 🤣

• Haha 6
  • Like 1

Ugh I def purse my lips sometimes like Brit does. I also mess w my hands a lot when I’m nervous... 

19 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Pretty sure all of us here have an unhealthy obsession 🤣

Well except me :haha: obsession is satanic :mhm:

I sometimes laugh like Britney :blol: And “y’all” has wormed its way into my vocabulary lol

• Love 2
  • Like 1

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

I definitely pronounce my L’s like Brit when I sing no matter what the song is 

tumblr_lp2j9sOS541qen27lo1_400.gif

• Love 4
  • Like 1

💋 French fingertips, red lips, ***** is dangerous 💋

I always sing exactly like the studio version and the artist. I pick up everything. Britney, Mariah, Ariana, Taylor, Christina. :barbie:

🦄 💛🧡💜

17 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I used to have a decent amount of Britney mannerisms/habits/expressions back around 2011-2013. I don’t follow any artist closely enough anymore to have the habits though. 

omg same 2011-2013 was my peak because of FF and BJ eras, her expressions were hilarious and memeworthy :embarrassney: