Jump to content

Justin Bieber featuring Chance The Rapper - "Holy" music video


Recommended Posts

I have mixed feelings :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:I think i need to listen to the song without the MV. IDK why but the music video feels...fake and pushed in hopes of swaying the publics opinion on JB :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:I worked in Property Management for over 5 years and evictions don't happen like that :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:if you wanna shed light on issues at least make it believable. Just a thought :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

The only part that I enjoyed is seeing Daddy Wilmer Valderrama in a Military Uniform :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all these hoez releasing new music again and rihanna can't rihlease R9

I didn't even know he dropped an album

Posted Images

  • Super Moderators
Just now, ColdAsFire88 said:

I have mixed feelings :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:I think i need to listen to the song without the MV. IDK why but the music video feels...fake and pushed in hopes of swaying the publics opinion on JB :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:I worked in Property Management for over 5 years and evictions don't happen like that :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:if you wanna shed light on issues at least make it believable. Just a thought :parisok_hilton_chewing_gum_pink_phone_Reading:

The only part that I enjoyed is seeing Daddy Wilmer Valderrama in a Military Uniform :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

I feel you. I felt a little weird watching it and thinking that it's interesting that a star, that has been rich since before he could even manage his own money, is portraying blue collar America hardship when he's never had to experience anything like that. 

Despite that irony, the overarching theme of human love, connection, and helping one another won me over though. I'm tired of things being so divided and combative in America, and I do wish we could get back to being more like this to one another. 

  • Like 1

#FreeBritney

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I feel you. I felt a little weird watching it and thinking that it's interesting that a star, that has been rich since before he could even manage his own money, is portraying blue collar America hardship when he's never had to experience anything like that. 

Despite that irony, the overarching theme of human love, connection, and helping one another won me over though. I'm tired of things being so divided and combative in America, and I do wish we could get back to being more like this to one another. 

Yeah I get what you mean. I guess I read through people and BS too much. It's nice that this music video has a good message, but I would find it more believable if I knew it weren't for his benefit. The timing is literally 2 months before Thanksgiving and they have a dinner scene at the end :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:The Devil works hard but Scooter works harder. I'm sure America will forget that and eat it up :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • Super Moderators
1 minute ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Yeah I get what you mean. I guess I read through people and BS too much. It's nice that this music video has a good message, but I would find it more believable if I knew it weren't for his benefit. The timing is literally 2 months before Thanksgiving and they have a dinner scene at the end :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:The Devil works hard but Scooter works harder. I'm sure America will forget that and eat it up :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food:

Yeah, I don't think JB would be coming out with a new era right now if Changes was more successful. I expect this whole era to be damage control for the Changes era. Do I expect that JB is any more of a mature or better person than he was at the beginning of a year? Not really. Do I appreciate that this music is more mature? Yes. 

I get where you're coming from though for sure. It's hard to support someone who has done so many little problematic things and shown that he probably really hasn't grown much. I am rooting for him in the sense that I have really enjoyed his past music, I enjoy his voice, and I do empathize with him a bit in the sense that he's another child star that got thrown into the madness and has never really left it. 

  • Like 1

#FreeBritney

Link to post

Nothing like singing about God while singing about making love and having dank we.ed :bieber_justin_smirk_weird:

It's a no from me :bieber_justin_smirk_weird: Worst part about this song for me is when he says On God. It sounds so juvenile. I know some Gen Z kids who say it and I'm just :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: I'm getting old :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Is he performing this at the Hillsong Church or wherever he goes? Is that the type of music that cult likes to listen to?

Link to post
7 hours ago, Urbanney said:

I feel you. I felt a little weird watching it and thinking that it's interesting that a star, that has been rich since before he could even manage his own money, is portraying blue collar America hardship when he's never had to experience anything like that. 

Despite that irony, the overarching theme of human love, connection, and helping one another won me over though. I'm tired of things being so divided and combative in America, and I do wish we could get back to being more like this to one another. 

This is a perfect comment. Criticizing the song/video in a competent way, and then saying something positive. 

BTW I feel the same way about the song and vid, feels like a marketing strategy.

  • Love 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block