Do you really like Dua Lipa?

Yes I love Dua! :barbie:

She's got star power, a glowing and warm personality, excellent vocals, strong music videos and two albums full of BOPS and great gowns, beautiful gowns  :jj:

I think she'll do well throughout this coming decade, provided she doesn't let the hype disappear.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When she released new rules in 2017, I thought she was going to end up as one of those one-hit wonders who would be forgotten within a year or two.  Little did I know, 2 years later she would return

You better like Dula Peep 

Girl she saved pop music in 2020 Dua is the future 

Posted Images

• Exhale+
On 7/20/2020 at 1:34 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Four of her songs are currently on my Top 10 Spotify play count for this year alone :mattafact: Miss Duo Lilo is here to stay and you better stan cause it only goes up from here :mattafact: Break My Heart rose 3 spots this week and achieved a new peak on the Hot 100 at 17 :mattafact:

New peak for Break My Heart 

:makeitrain:

• Super Moderators
3 minutes ago, jonjon2000 said:

New peak for Break My Heart 

:makeitrain:

Hopefully Club Future Nostalgia helps it crack top ten! :yesplease: we stan longevity :yesplease:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Have you listened to the Future Nostalgia album? She literally saved pop music in 2020 and is going to do more with the deluxe/remixed edition! I'm a Dua Lipa fan since "New Love"!

Future Nostalgia is a GREAT pop record however when I “Stan” someone or really commit to loving an artist - I want the whole package. Britney Spears - dancer, iconic, legendary, big hits, big shoes etc. Taylor Swift - big shows, tells stories through her music etc . 

dua can make one HELL of a pop song but I don’t see much of anything else. Like to me she doesn’t give me “SUPERSTAR” vibes like Britney, Madonna, Gaga, Taylor, Beyonce, heck even Katy :yaknow:

On 7/21/2020 at 1:06 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I also have the Future Nostalgia box set with yellow vinyl, blue vinyl from UO, pink vinyl from her store, signed cd, and digital copy of the best album released this year :mattafact: like is an understatement :whitney:

Omg you have them all loll. I only have the boxset with the signed card and the CD (which was given to me for free cause there was a delay with processing my order). I ordered it on March 3rd and it took 3 months to arrive. Even though I don't collect cassettes, I really wanted the metallic gold cassette but I passed on it thinking it wasn't limited and now it's sold out. I'm now limiting my spendings so that I can buy several variations of Club Future Nostalgia.

• Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, Thurafatale9 said:

Omg you have them all loll. I only have the boxset with the signed card and the CD (which was given to me for free cause there was a delay with processing my order). I ordered it on March 3rd and it took 3 months to arrive. Even though I don't collect cassettes, I really wanted the metallic gold cassette but I passed on it thinking it wasn't limited and now it's sold out. I'm now limiting my spendings so that I can buy several variations of Club Future Nostalgia.

Yeah I initially bought a cassette but I don’t like cassettes. I only have BOMT in pink cassette and that’s it. Yeah I’m excited to see what she releases! 

i like her but i don't see much star power in her. then again that happens to me with every current pop star, i like a few songs and that's it. they don't make great pop stars anymore :britstare11:

I've no interest in her. She has no charm or charisma from what I've seen in a few interviews of her that I watched, and it's ironic that despite making dance music, she's an awful dancer. She's basically a niche artist who's meant to fill the dance-pop void that was made after Trap music took over radio. I just think that we could've had something a lot better than Dua. 

I thought her new music was okay but as fast as I got hooked i also moved on. Artist these days can't make bops that are rememberable.  That's what happens when they care more about money and likes vs good quality. Mainstream is not happening anymore. 

stop trying to make fetch happen mean girls GIF

• Super Moderators
35 minutes ago, rower2222 said:

I thought her new music was okay but as fast as I got hooked i also moved on. Artist these days can't make bops that are rememberable.  That's what happens when they care more about money and likes vs good quality. Mainstream is not happening anymore. 

stop trying to make fetch happen mean girls GIF

Who hurt you? :sipnstare:

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Who hurt you? :sipnstare:

Oh please people my age still jam to 70's music and we were 90's babies. Ask a teen today about musics from early 2000s Season 1 Generation Q GIF by The L Word: Generation Q

What kind of post is this? Are you really questioning the taste of millions of people and also well respected music critics ? Of course we love Dua and we love her, because she is an outstanding artist that is beyond talented and stands her ground amongst the rest. 

I love her and she's got my support from here on out.

She caught my attention with New Rules, just perfection and that video!

Then I bought her album blind and fell in love, Last Dance and Garden made me a forever fan. It's a long album, but damn if it isn't one of the best album of the last ten years.

Then Future Nostalgia came and really just sealed the deal for me.

The girl's got it and deserves to be a main pop girl, if not, THE main pop girl.

The only competition FOR ME right now might be Ariana. Dua's music is better, but Ariana does have them pipes though. They should duet ASAP.

I loved his first era :duadance: but the nostalgia for the future only hooked me "Break my heart", however, the only time I listened to his album seemed too good :katycream: the problem is that since I listen to k-pop, the pop in general It seems flat to me. :tiffeyeroll: things of taste :raven: