Do you really like Dua Lipa?

On 7/20/2020 at 7:54 PM, Dirk said:

I want to know... cause when "New Rules" dropped, I was a fan but now... I just think she's just weak.

Or is this the vibe of all the popstars now? :gimmemoar: 

Related:

dua-like.jpg.2addaadbb42125de6c5df715afab12b1.jpg

No, I don't like her. I think she is boring, she has no stage presence and I don't believe she writes her own songs. The music she has is nice or simply ok, but I can't connect with it because of her. Sorry, I can't help it.

Free Britney and bring Rihanna back...

boring bored to death GIF

• Love 1
  • Dislike 2
  • Like 1
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When she released new rules in 2017, I thought she was going to end up as one of those one-hit wonders who would be forgotten within a year or two.  Little did I know, 2 years later she would return

You better like Dula Peep 

Girl she saved pop music in 2020 Dua is the future 

Posted Images

I like her just fine but that's about it. I liked her last album more than Future Nostalgia but it has some good songs on it. Outside of her songs (and I do like her vocals) she's not interesting. New Rules was a good video but the rest weren't and she doesn't have good performances. She doesn't seem to have much of a personality either.

Future Nostalgia is quite an amazing album but she also has a lot of strong bops on her previous album like "Be the one" "Hotter than hell" "Blow your mind"  "Room for 2"  "Begging" and especially "Homesick" with Chris Martin vocals (and obivously New Rules and IDGAF) . They are different in style of music but two strong albums which clearly means  she should be more than liked and appreciated for her music! Also I thought it was kind of refreshing the way she performed New Rules live or in the music video. She had this slight cold-ish  attitude :jl: which I thought was refreshing :mhm:. (got the play on words here?!) 

Girl GIF by Dua Lipa

59 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

I like her just fine but that's about it. I liked her last album more than Future Nostalgia but it has some good songs on it. Outside of her songs (and I do like her vocals) she's not interesting. New Rules was a good video but the rest weren't and she doesn't have good performances. She doesn't seem to have much of a personality either.

I see your point, she might not be the most intense/dancy performer but she still pulled out this performance last year which I thought was one of the best live performance of 2019 out of anyone out there. 

I love her! I kind of new her songs but didn’t know her name until future nostalgia. It’s a solid album and I couldn’t stop listening to it. I love her voice. She’s gorgeous. Creative. And seems to be a great performer from what I’ve seen on YouTube. 

• Exhale+

Pardon my sLaNdEr @Blackout2006 but I honestly thought she was kinda talentless trash, because I HaTe New Rules, but then I got her deluxe CD and really got into One Kiss and she slayed me. I love that she gives 2000s POP Star Vibes. And now she’s dancing, it’s amazing. But I’m so sad that FN didn’t get it’s really big moment. She was about to have her Oops!  :crying1:

If you can't say I LOVE YOU, then say nothing at all...

• Super Moderators
On 7/20/2020 at 11:36 AM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I also have the Future Nostalgia box set with yellow vinyl, blue vinyl from UO, pink vinyl from her store, signed cd, and digital copy of the best album released this year :mattafact: like is an understatement :whitney:

I actually want to get a vinyl but don’t know which. I don’t have money now but when I do...I want to hear it on vinyl!

I'm actually neutral and I feel bad cause I'm not really impressed by Future Nostalgia... I love Don't Show Up but the rest is just basic imo

• Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I actually want to get a vinyl but don’t know which. I don’t have money now but when I do...I want to hear it on vinyl!

I’d get the pink one since it’s the most accessible. I hate how UO charges for shipping even after spending over $50 sometimes. I’m one of those weirdos that fall for “free shipping” and would rather pay $45 and free shipping than $40 and $5 shipping :queenie:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Super Moderators
11 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

I’d get the pink one since it’s the most accessible. I hate how UO charges for shipping even after spending over $50 sometimes. I’m one of those weirdos that fall for “free shipping” and would rather pay $45 and free shipping than $40 and $5 shipping :queenie:

Ugh same here, I would fill my cart to fit that mark when really I just needed that one item. That explains my debt problems. 

I want the pink one but it’s sold out on her site :( 

• Super Moderators
2 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Ugh same here, I would fill my cart to fit that mark when really I just needed that one item. That explains my debt problems. 

I want the pink one but it’s sold out on her site :( 

I just checked Amazon where I got mine from and they’re expensive. There’s one that’s about 25-30 with shipping, but idk if it’s the pink one. I don’t think black ones were released so maybe it is the pink one. I got pink from Amazon when it came out 

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Exhale+
11 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Pardon my sLaNdEr @Blackout2006 but I honestly thought she was kinda talentless trash, because I HaTe New Rules, but then I got her deluxe CD and really got into One Kiss and she slayed me. I love that she gives 2000s POP Star Vibes. And now she’s dancing, it’s amazing. But I’m so sad that FN didn’t get it’s really big moment.

She was about to have her Oops!  :crying1:

Oh no no! i said i wouldnt tolerate slander of dua after future nostalgia release. I also thought she was going to be a one-hit wonder but didnt know what she would bring to the table with her sophomore effort!

She was about to have her Oops!  :crying1:

Even tho FN was huge enough, it was so close to being her own oops era :crying1: curse you, covid and leaks :crying2:

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

• Exhale+
13 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Wait so you dont find phsyical and BMH mv interesting?

• Exhale+
9 hours ago, Puppy said:

I have it on my vinyl and it sounds so GOOD~ :yesplease:

I like Duas music, but i cant comment or past judgment on Dua herself since i haven't watched her nor do i know her personality

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait so you dont find phsyical and BMH mv interesting?

I mean they're not bad videos but they're like her performances - all the interesting stuff is happening around and she doesn't bring much to the table. Like Britney's videos are all about HER - the dance sequences, the close-ups with her expressions, it's really based on her performance. Dua's videos (and performances) seem to be more about what the director brought to the project which is the stuff going on around Dua and she's just there singing. There's a disconnect there, like everyone else worked hard to do something cool and then she just shows up to sing.

• Exhale+
1 minute ago, PickleSpears said:

I mean they're not bad videos but they're like her performances - all the interesting stuff is happening around and she doesn't bring much to the table. Like Britney's videos are all about HER - the dance sequences, the close-ups with her expressions, it's really based on her performance. Dua's videos (and performances) seem to be more about what the director brought to the project which is the stuff going on around Dua and she's just there singing. There's a disconnect there, like everyone else worked hard to do something cool and then she just shows up to sing.

Nnnnnnnn, idk about that...but that’s yr observation I mean 

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nnnnnnnn, idk about that...but that’s yr observation I mean 

She's just not a great performer, live or in videos. She's bland. I love her voice and think she has some great songs and she's pretty but she's just not interesting to me. It feels like she doesn't have a personality.

• Exhale+
6 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

She's just not a great performer, live or in videos. She's bland. I love her voice and think she has some great songs and she's pretty but she's just not interesting to me. It feels like she doesn't have a personality.

I have actually seen some of her interviews and she just seems like a great person. I mean, future nostalgia was an amazing album and we should give our dues to her for a reinvention like that