Do you really like Dua Lipa?

Love Dua.

COVID kinda killed her momentum and changed her strategy for the era. Every artist with a traditional marketing scheme is struggling a bit.

BUT MAN, Don’t Start Now spent about 20 weeks in the Billboard Hot 100 top 10.

She’s one of the most successful and listened-to female artists right now, but she’s not famous like Britney or Gaga were during their peaks. I’d argue this puts her in a good place to have sustained success for a long time.

I can’t wait for the next era.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When she released new rules in 2017, I thought she was going to end up as one of those one-hit wonders who would be forgotten within a year or two.  Little did I know, 2 years later she would return

You better like Dula Peep 

Girl she saved pop music in 2020 Dua is the future 

Posted Images

• Exhale+
Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Her website :urite:

I ordered the blue vinyl from UO. :leaving:

When it arrived, the gatefold was broken at the top. The vinyl broke through it. :hideous:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I ordered the blue vinyl from UO. :leaving:

When it arrived, the gatefold was broken at the top. The vinyl broke through it. :hideous:

People always have the worst luck with them. I have 20+ vinyls from them and they always come flawless:praisega: Dua’s store though? :sickofu:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Exhale+
4 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

People always have the worst luck with them. I have 20+ vinyls from them and they always come flawless:praisega: Dua’s store though? :sickofu:

The other vinyls I have arrived fine, too. What vinyls do you have? :forkit:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

I’ve really liked her ever since new rules came out. Something about her career so far reminds me of how Rihanna was in the beginning. Like she’s had some hits, but isn’t quite a superstar yet. To me, Good Girl Gone Bad was the album that broke RiRi through to superstardom. Future Nostalgia is so good it SHOULD be that album for Dua, but I think Covid has kinda messed that up for her. While I love her music, voice and style, I’m also still not really sure what her “it” factor will be to make her huge. But I really hope when she puts out her next album, it happens for her. I’m also talking from an American perspective, I know she’s a bigger deal in the UK. But I also think it’s partly because she’s a pop girl in a time where hip hop is reigning supreme. Maybe in a couple years pop will be at the top again and she’ll be number 1 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Exhale+

Definitely. I'm a big fan of her music, Future Nostalgia is literally a work of art. I find her extremely talented and beautiful too :mhm: Although, I must admit that her latest posts and insta stories promoting the albaniain-nazzi ideology has left me with a very bitter taste in my mouth and it makes me question if her intentions are genuine (promoting LGBTQI rights and the feminists). The stuff she promoted lately quite literally means conquering other lands :orangu: I guess I'll just stick to her music from now on. 

• Super Moderators
7 hours ago, Towelney said:

The other vinyls I have arrived fine, too. What vinyls do you have? :forkit:

All Britney vinyls including pink splatter/clear/picture for BOMT, Dua Lipa’s two albums, all PATD albums, AM by Arctic Monkeys, Camila & Romance, Reputation & Lover by Taylor, all Marina albums, Game of Thrones, Future Sexx/LoveSounds, Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park, The Killers albums and others I’m drawing blanks :haha:

• Exhale+
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

All Britney vinyls including pink splatter/clear/picture for BOMT, Dua Lipa’s two albums, all PATD albums, AM by Arctic Monkeys, Camila & Romance, Reputation & Lover by Taylor, all Marina albums, Game of Thrones, Future Sexx/LoveSounds, Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park, The Killers albums and others I’m drawing blanks :haha:

I have BOMT, OIDIA, Romance (I ordered it before everything happened lol), Chromatica, Future Nostalgia, and the limited Teenage Dream vinyl. ☺️

I want to buy the Britney vinyl so bad :hideous: It’s beautiful :hideous:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Super Moderators
3 minutes ago, Towelney said:

I have BOMT, OIDIA, Romance (I ordered it before everything happened lol), Chromatica, Future Nostalgia, and the limited Teenage Dream vinyl. ☺️

I want to buy the Britney vinyl so bad :hideous: It’s beautiful :hideous:

Don’t be ashamed of when you bought the vinyl. It’s music at the end of the day and no one should make you guilty for having it 

• Exhale+
2 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Don’t be ashamed of when you bought the vinyl. It’s music at the end of the day and no one should make you guilty for having it 

I’m not really ashamed, but I don’t think I can support her music now :sickofu: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Exhale+
1 hour ago, Corso said:

Challenge Accepted GIF by memecandy

south beach tow trash GIF by RealityTVGIFs

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀