Blackout vs Rated R: 2 albums by 2 popstars at their lowest

I only listen to the singles off Rated R. 
 Blackout is constantly considered one of Brits best albums, along with ITZ. It seems Rihanna fans often choose Loud, Anti and GGGB as their top 3.

but great job at finding similarities 👍

• Love 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been listening to Rihanna's Rated R today for the first time in a long time, and I've come to realize it has a lot of similarities to Britney Spears' Blackout but with its own unique qualities as

I like both but Blackout is better. 

Writing, deleting, wri- I’m not ready for this convo.  Edited I think sonically Blackout is miles better than Rated R. The production on Gimme More alone it's better than most of the so

Posted Images

• Exhale+

An amazing thread and interesting comparison thread ruined by delusional britney-stans who thinks Rihanna has only 1 decent album :chrissy:

I suggest closing this thread and i will get all my documents for suing @BabyImmaFreak, @TheySayImCrazy18, @Corso :jl:

Hope to see you in court tommorow at 8 am SHARP so me and the queen of cancellations @Towelney and fellow friend with taste, @MrPieceOfMe and @DignifiedLove await your payment and cancellation :chrissy:

Hope to see you there ad099141be0c6a5.jpg

• Haha 6

Dem chickens is ash, and im lotion :queenflopga:

17 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

An amazing thread and interesting comparison thread ruined by delusional britney-stans who thinks Rihanna has only 1 decent album :chrissy:

I suggest closing this thread and i will get all my documents for suing @BabyImmaFreak, @TheySayImCrazy18, @Corso :jl:

Hope to see you in court tommorow at 8 am SHARP so me and the queen of cancellations @Towelney and fellow friend with taste, @MrPieceOfMe and @DignifiedLove await your payment and cancellation :chrissy:

Hope to see you there ad099141be0c6a5.jpg

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha 2
  • Super Moderators
1 hour ago, bas che said:

Except Rihanna had an older album titled Good Girl Gone Bad

And Britney had ITZ which was very ****** and adult, counter to her previous innocent image. Both of these albums and eras, though, marked Britney and Rihanna as more bad and rebellious than the world had ever seen them. Good Girl Gone Bad almost seems juvenile in its rebelliousness compared to Rated R imo.

#FreeBritney

Up to this mess of a thread just to inform you *****es that I edited my first comment. Leave a like, don't forget to share and hit the subscribe button. 

haLlv.gif

• Love 1
  • Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, Style. said:

Up to this mess of a thread just to inform you *****es that I edited my first comment. Leave a like, don't forget to share and hit the subscribe button. 

haLlv.gif

• Love 1

#FreeBritney

This is a difficult one. I think vocally Rihanna's masterpiece is better. I remember this was the first Rihanna album that I  was just obsessed with. There's so much texture here.... 'Wait is Over' opens with such a stomp.... 'Hard' is such a confidence booster, then there's painful moments like 'Russian roulette', and even the softer side like 'Te Amo'. 

'Rated R' was just a sophisticated, darker side of Rihanna that felt like a natural progression. 

ALL THAT being said, I've loved Britney since '98. I was 13 years old when the Britney craze began... I grew up with Britney. 'Blackout' was such an exciting album, not only because it was her return after that confusing hiatus, but because it felt so damn rebellious! it wasn't your typical curated Britney album, it was so much more. Britney always made waves and set trends as a performer, and I  think this album destroyed her previous trends. It was so bold.... and relevant to her personal state. 

Blackout takes the cake for me. 

• Love 2
  • 1 month later...

rated r. I'm not into partying and I'm an emotional person in general.blackout mostly consists of club songs.and I like diversity, blackout doesn't have that.it is a very good album and fun to listen to but it' just not my cup.that's why I also don't like ff very much but love britney and circus, there is no diversity or relatability on ff (for me).but ooh ooh baby is my fave brit song.

• Love 1