Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cardi B is under fire for using a racial slur

Cardi B is under fire again... this time for a racial slur that offends the Asian community.

Cardi posted a picture of her baby girl Kulture as a grown up. Someone commented that she looked like offset and Hennessy Carolina. Cardi B’s response:

“I think cause Hennessy got ch–ky eyes like offset and so [does] KK .Its the only think [sic] I could think off [sic].”

This set the internet on fire and Cardi B was under attacked for being racist and racial slurs. She defended herself:

“I didn’t know that ch–ky eyes was a slur like wtfff I DONT KNOW F–KIN EVERYTHING !!” she wrote in a since-deleted tweet, using the epithet for a second time. “We don’t even use that as a [sic] insult and I didn’t use it as a [sic] insult.”

The Bronx native added that she was “sick of the internet.”

Is Cardi B wrong or should she be held accountable? 

Atlanta United Tea GIF by Major League Soccer

30658578-8513835-It_was_the_star_s_way_o
cardi-eyes.jpg.b1a0ac57c2749e963af760b8e165e0ea.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 2

We are also sick of how uncultured she is, especially for a rapper! She should be temporarily banned. :akii:

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

I saw this article on Buzzfeed earlier and a user commented about being Asian and her not realizing it was offensive since her and her friends used it. Until a white woman reprimanded her. I was like :ehidk: I say squinty eyes, but if that’s insensitive someone tell me cause idk what is and isn’t wrong these days. I went to a predominantly Asian college where 55-60% of students were Asian and all of my Asian friends would say it. I just thought it was weird of that user comment that a white woman scolded her for using it 

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Just now, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

But yeah Cardi definitely knew what she was doing 

Nah, I don’t think.. she’s just plain low! The sad part is that she gets away with everything. 

I don’t have the energy to update my cancellations poster today. :notfeelinit:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

1 minute ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

But yeah Cardi definitely knew what she was doing 

Its a slang thats thrown around in the hood and other communities (latinos, stoners) but it doesn’t mean its not racist.

I grew up around it and I’ve been correcting myself and others for a while now. She could have came out and said “Sorry, thanks for educating me” but instead she became defensive. 

1 minute ago, Style. said:

Nah, I don’t think.. she’s just plain low! The sad part is that she gets away with everything. 

But she’s educated on a lot of other matters. I think she knew of the racial connotation, but I believe she just didn’t think people would call her out on it for not using it “offensively.” For a public figure like that to not know is not that believable. However, if she apologizes and doesn’t repeat the behavior again then I think we should forgive and be thankful she’s educating herself on why it’s wrong 

Wow 2020 exposing all racist actions of celebrity's and youtubers

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Its a slang thats thrown around in the hood and other communities (latinos, stoners) but it doesn’t mean its not racist.

I grew up around it and I’ve been correcting myself and others for a while now. She could have came out and said “Sorry, thanks for educating me” but instead she became defensive. 

I agree

1 minute ago, Alestaos said:

Wow 2020 exposing all racist actions of celebrity's and youtubers

samuel l jackson wig GIF

Guys , that woman is not exactly smart to say the least , that's why she's getting away with everything , I actually kinda feel sorry for her and her daughter :demi:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

cardi b grammys GIF by E!

Maybe she should’ve done the same thing and asked somebody since she didn’t know.  :gagasmile:

Tonight Show Yes GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg?fit=1280,720&ssl=1

22 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This is how people stay famous and relevant these days. It’s not controversy, it’s Just cheap marketing.  :frenchy:

I agree. She’s been teasing her “new” music for months now and no one gave a damn. She also went to a club in Miami back in February where they previewed a song of hers, but again, no interest. 

The finsta situation, using racial slurs to create buzz, the song with Megan Thee Stallion..... this is the hands of Atlantic Records. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Wait, what?! I'm asian and I didn't know 'ch--ky eyes' was a slur?! I had no idea. Holy sh--t. :omggg:

🦄 💛🧡💜

17 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

Wait, what?! I'm asian and I didn't know 'ch--ky eyes' was a slur?! I had no idea. Holy sh--t. :omggg:

I think none Asians made it a slur and please give a disclaimer you’re Asian before you’re attacked :lemmetellu:

Wait I am Asian and I thought when she said chunky eyes she meant the chunky doll eyes I- :umomg: