Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Katy Perry x "Dark Horse" appreciation topic

DISCLAIMER

Spoiler

Okay you don't have to tell me I know I'm going a bit hard on the Katy Perry agenda in an inherently Katy-phobic forum but I'm bored in quarantine and got nothing else to do although these KP threads attract a lot of negative replies on here and I'm inadvertently setting her up to get dragged by posting about her on exhale but here we go again :cheese:

So I was casually listening to a "2010s pop" playlist on Spotify when Dark Horse came on and wow hearing it after a long time brings so many memories. Let's go over the statistics:

- Fastest song to be certified Diamond in history (6 months). To put things into perspective, Shake It Off and Dark Horse was released in the same year; SIO was certified Diamond 6 years later in 2020, DH was certified Diamond in October 2014 :blast:

- Spent a whopping 22 weeks in the top 10.

- One of the few songs that spent a whole year, 52 weeks, in the hot 100 chart.

- Most streamed female song combined youtube, Spotify etc.

- Highest selling female digital single of all time.

- First music video by a femal artist to hit 1 Billion views. Currently 2.8B views, soon to be the 2nd song by a female artist to hit 3B.

- Went #1 on its 11th week of release and held the position for 4 weeks, WITHOUT the music video.

- Katy's 9th #1, Juicy J's 1st.

- Brought trap-pop and anti-chorus songs into the mainstream.

- Grammy nominated, but with the Scammy's history of snubbing Katy y'all know how it goes down.

- VMA for best female video.

- An iconic classic of the whole 2010s deacade that sounds fresh to this day.

Whether you like Katy or not (and I know you don't), you can't deny the power this song had. I know some of yall will bring up her current state but keep in mind this is an appreciation thread for DH and not the current songs. I don't even expect much replies, except from the last remaining KatyCats on here and some of my friends who supports me in every thread but anyways sound off :cheese:

<3

katy perry by Katy Perry GIF Partydark-horse.jpg.4b7c583b60a11733a4cb09b488eece17.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think we all love—oh we’re talking about the song :jl:

I love it. It’s a bop!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

I enjoyed this song when it came out and its a good workout jam :brit2016:

That said, I knew it was a smash but not all of these impressive stats :awww:

6 hours ago, TheySayImCrazy18 said:

I Was Listening To It Yesterday.  Great Song;  But The Rap Just Ruins It For Me. 

Literally. They could have picked any other rapper but Juicy J :teigen: She eats youe heart out, like Jeffrey Dahmer :teigen:

I just want to say... make me your Aphrodite. Make me your one and only. But don't make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy~ :barbie:

• Love 3
  • Haha 1

🦄 💛🧡💜

Katy Perry when she wasn't a flopping clown :tifflmao: good times.

<<<Magic Begins At Midnight>>> 

The trap beat is everything :letitburn:

Whenever I post or read something on Exhale I feel the way Britney felt on Xfactor every time she gave an opinion.A whirlwind of emotions :o