Today is Jessica Simpson’s Birthday!

Today is Jessica Simpson’s Birthday! I remember when Sweet Kisses came out and buying the album. Yeah, I bought the album and I thought I Wanna Love You Forever was a bop. Her voice was powerful and angelic at the same time. I Wanna Love You Forever became her biggest hit from the album which charted at number 3 and it’s her only top ten hit to date. 

By the time 2003 came around, Jessica was married and on her own reality show with her then husband Nick Lachey (Newly Weds). It was definitely a cute show but it portrayed her as a dumb blonde. Jessica released In This Skin & her song With You ended up becoming her most successful single from the album followed by her cover Take My Breath Away. In 2005 Jessica started to stray away from music and focused more on acting gigs. By 2006 she was divorced from Nick Lachey and released A Public Affair. 

Eventually, Jessica was done with her Columbia records deal and signed a new contract with Columbia Nashville. She released a country album called Do You Know. The first single Come On Over came out in 2008. Jessica’s last album was a Christmas album released in 2010 called Happy Christmas. She recently released a memoir and said she has been recording music and wants to release it. I do enjoy her voice and liked some of her songs, but I wonder if she could achieve any success.

Although Jessica did not achieve the same success as her pop peers she did achieve success in another way. Her multimillion dollar fashion and cosmetics line has been around for 10+ years. In the end I do wonder if it’s possible that Jessica just wasn’t made for Hollywood? Do you think Jessica would have attained more success as a recording artist if she went a different route? Anyway, whats your favorite moment or song by Jessica? 

1420163831_images-2020-07-10T203958_605.jpeg.3b2abcce6e8e548ea8b8fbaa09273a40.jpeg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Love 5
  • Like 1
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today is Jessica Simpson’s Birthday! I remember when Sweet Kisses came out and buying the album. Yeah, I bought the album and I thought I Wanna Love You Forever was a bop. Her voice was powerful and a

Ugh, came here to post the iconic chicken of the sea clip, but someone already beat me to it. 

Happy birthday day to my Texan sister. I love this song of hers. @Corso this one is for you   

Posted Images

• Super Moderators
4 minutes ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

Why can't I type threads on Word then copy + paste it onto this website without it looking all BLACK

The key is to "paste as plain text" and not simply "paste". You're welcome. :bigkiss:

• Love 3

🦄 💛🧡💜

• Super Moderators
38 minutes ago, Roxxy said:

My Successica Trinity is...

Irresistible I Think I'm in Love With You Sweetest Sin 💛🧡💜 :barbie:

Same but With You instead of Sweetest Sin :urite:

I Think I’m In Love With You x Irresistible x With You :mcry: I still have to finish her book :sobbing:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

Jessica was my 2nd fav in 2000 and I remember listening to "I Wanna Love You Forever" on dialup internet with buffering ever 15 seconds.   I sang it in the shower, I sang it in the car.  

• Love 2
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Same but With You instead of Sweetest Sin :urite:

I Think I’m In Love With You x Irresistible x With You :mcry: I still have to finish her book :sobbing:

Same. I feel that With You is her signature hit :barbie: I can’t deny that I watched the MV for Sweetest Sin numerous times for other reasons :jj:

• Haha 4
  • Super Moderators
Just now, ColdAsFire88 said:

Same. I feel that With You is her signature hit :barbie: I can’t deny that I watched the MV for Sweetest Sin numerous times for other reasons :jj:

Same and not ashamed of it :urite:

• Haha 2

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

31 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Jessica was my 2nd fav in 2000 and I remember listening to "I Wanna Love You Forever" on dialup internet with buffering ever 15 seconds.   I sang it in the shower, I sang it in the car.  

britney spears GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I still listen to her Irresistible album, its her best coherent album! Yeah sounds alot like "Britney" in some aspects, but its a much more controlled album, and it has some of her best ballads on it.

Her best ballad is still her debut "I wanna love you"

• Like 2
  • Exhale+

Is she the one who talked about “chicken of the sea?” :airpls:

Anyway, I do enjoy listening to her music. It’s good. :verycool:

• Haha 2

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀