Britney Spears as a Songwriter, Composer, Lyricist (52+ songs)

• Twitter Team
On 7/10/2020 at 6:36 PM, Joman82 said:

I think we should add the track "Rebellion" to this list now. It's been "officially" released... And, according to multiple reports, it was co-written by Britney Spears.

Actually we only have the looped 54 second snippet Britney posted on her website back in 2006. The full version hasn't leaked. But it's pretty much given she wrote/co-wrote this song.

• Love 4
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "Basic Jingles" credits are a reach. Would she really write songs and then not even sing half of them. And the fact that she had never co-written every track on an album before, but then all of a

Britney as a songwriter is not something the we talk about much, and much less the general public. But in fact, Britney is a very good songwriter, composer and lyricist. Obviously is a gained skill, b

it's kinda embarrassing tbh. after she was praised by Heather Bright when she worked for FF: Anyway … here’s my thing … and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me,

Posted Images

On 7/20/2020 at 3:51 PM, Isla said:

I remember this thread! 

She wrote a lot for In the Zone...

Also, Don't Hang Up was a bonus track on international editions of In the Zone :)

And Britney composed a global hit on her own UNLIKE some of her 'acclaimed' peers:

And the artistic merit of Everytime is further authenticated by this great cover by Glen Hansard/The Frames:

• Love 4
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 3:12 PM, Joman82 said:

Album BS4: ‘In The Zone’ (released in 2003).

9)      “Me Against The Music”, Britney Spears feat. Madonna, 2003.

10)   “Showdown”, 2003.

11)   “Early Mornin’”, 2003.

12)   “Touch of My Hand”, 2003.

13)   “The Hook Up”, 2003.

14)   “Shadow”, 2003.

15)   “Brave New Girl”, 2003.

16)   “Everytime”, 2003.

For the 'In The Zone' Era, her lyrics where on point...

• Love 2
  • Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/10/2020 at 12:27 AM, princessmimi said:

Wow idk she wrote so many songs especially Britney, ITZ and Britney Jean.

Although it is weird how Britney hated Cinderella considering she wrote it

since this got bumped for what ever reason and this is on the front page, I just wanna say that for who ever is reading it now, Britney doesn't hate Cinderella. She dislikes Bombastic Love

• Love 3
  • Like 2

This is such a gift :meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

Thank you for all the hard work, I’m enlightened! I had no idea she was so involved with writing in the Britney era, even ITZ tbh! 

I always thought the first song she ever wrote was Everytime but maybe I’m getting mixed up with the first melody she ever wrote or something? 

I don’t believe she wrote any of BJ. She didn’t sing on most of it so I’m doubtful that she wrote for that album. They 100% bought writing credits for that.

I wish they would let her be more involved in her music. She’s proved she clearly has great writing abilities yet they go with songs written by other people. It’s almost like they hate her having a voice. Perhaps if we heard what Britney really wanted to write about we’d all be concerned 

• Love 1
  • Like 1