Britney Spears as a Songwriter, Composer, Lyricist (52+ songs)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The "Basic Jingles" credits are a reach. Would she really write songs and then not even sing half of them. And the fact that she had never co-written every track on an album before, but then all of a

Britney as a songwriter is not something the we talk about much, and much less the general public. But in fact, Britney is a very good songwriter, composer and lyricist. Obviously is a gained skill, b

it's kinda embarrassing tbh. after she was praised by Heather Bright when she worked for FF: Anyway … here’s my thing … and I feel VERY passionate about this issue. Britney could have come to me,

Posted Images

• Community Super Mods
Just now, Louis_j said:

And you believed that ? Gretchen GIF by memecandy

just like you believe Britney wrote something when she isn't even credited :yaknow:

I guess you don't believe Sia either

• Love 2

I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

17 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

just like you believe Britney wrote something when she isn't even credited :yaknow:

I guess you don't believe Sia either

I didn't even mention Perfume.

And that's called marketing. They never met. Never had a special day.

Sia tells VH1 about songs she’s given to other artists:
“I mean I did like ‘Perfume.’ I would have kept that for myself, but Britney [Spears] is a really sweet gal and I was happy to give it away…

Britney, oh yeah, I did write with Britney! [Laughs] “Perfume” I wrote that with Christopher Braide and I delivered it to them… Most of the time I don’t work with the artist because I’m so fast it often dilutes the process. I’m like channeling, what I’m doing. So when I have anyone interrupting that flow, it just slows me down. But there are obviously artists that I make exceptions for.”
She clarifies in the interview she DID in fact write with Brit Brit, but it’s a little hazay. Do you think some fans are twisting Sia’s words?

If Britney tweeted that her poop is pink, would you believe that also ?

Gretchen GIF by memecandy

• Like 2
  • Community Super Mods
13 minutes ago, Louis_j said:

we believed an Ariana Grande stan that she peed green at his building's bathroom, so why not? :gimmemoar:

thing is, why would they even lie about something like this, like what benefit do Myah or Sia get from protecting some dirty truth behind the album? :beynah: Myah would've gotten much more by accepting she's the one singing and destroying Britney's reputation, no matter which NDA she signed, than keep compulsively lying about it seven years later. The woman that sings He About to Lose Me's chorus, came up and said it without any trouble. The woman singing on Scream & Shout did it too, and even sued them to get the credit, nothing is really stopping Myah or any other collaborator on that album to "reveal the truth". 

Independently, the point is that fans selectively choose what to believe and what not. Someone claims that Britney wrote something, but didn't get the credit, oh yeah, that MUST be true. Someone claims she did write on a song where she does appear cedited, no, that's false. It just doesn't make any sense to believe one thing but not another. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Louis_j said:

They did meet. They wrote BMS side by side even though the bulk of Britney’s vox didn’t make the album version

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

we believed an Ariana Grande stan that she peed green at his building's bathroom, so why not? :gimmemoar:

thing is, why would they even lie about something like this, like what benefit do Myah or Sia get from protecting some dirty truth behind the album? :beynah: Myah would've gotten much more by accepting she's the one singing and destroying Britney's reputation, no matter which NDA she signed, than keep compulsively lying about it seven years later. The woman that sings He About to Lose Me's chorus, came up and said it without any trouble. The woman singing on Scream & Shout did it too, and even sued them to get the credit, nothing is really stopping Myah or any other collaborator on that album to "reveal the truth". 

Independently, the point is that fans selectively choose what to believe and what not. Someone claims that Britney wrote something, but didn't get the credit, oh yeah, that MUST be true. Someone claims she did write on a song where she does appear cedited, no, that's false. It just doesn't make any sense to believe one thing but not another. 

Britney didn’t write a single word on Tik Tik or Passenger. She wrote Alien’s second verse for sure, the rest is up in the air because Myah’s name is on all the pro tools

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

thing is, why would they even lie about something like this, like what benefit do Myah or Sia get from protecting some dirty truth behind the album? :beynah:Myah would've gotten much more by accepting she's the one singing and destroying Britney's reputation, no matter which NDA she signed, than keep compulsively lying about it seven years later. The woman that sings He About to Lose Me's chorus, came up and said it without any trouble. The woman singing on Scream & Shout did it too, and even sued them to get the credit, nothing is really stopping Myah or any other collaborator on that album to "reveal the truth". 

Myah still wants to work and she loves Britney. She knows her career is over if she talks.

And Myah is not only being used as the main vocalist, she's imitating Britney's voice, which makes it very different than in the other cases.

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Independently, the point is that fans selectively choose what to believe and what not. Someone claims that Britney wrote something, but didn't get the credit, oh yeah, that MUST be true. Someone claims she did write on a song where she does appear credited, no, that's false. It just doesn't make any sense to believe one thing but not another.

Use your brain and see beyond appearances. And if you don't, well that's how you end up with a president like Trump. :nyheadache:

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Community Super Mods
12 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Myah’s name is on all the pro tools

pro tools I suppose you have

Again, how can someone be convinced she wrote on Alien but not on Tik Tik Boom or Passenger, like based on what. I mean, yeah, there's an old demo of the song, but people can get a credit just for the tiniest contribution to a song, like that guy who got a credit on Work *****. Even if it's just on the music or the way they sing a word. 

• Love 2

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Again, how can someone be convinced she wrote on Alien but not on Tik Tik Boom or Passenger, like based on what. I mean, yeah, there's an old demo of the song, but people can get a credit just for the tiniest contribution to a song, like that guy who got a credit on Work *****. Even if it's just on the music or the way they sing a word. 

The Ana Diaz demo session for the Alien demo had no second verse recorded.

• Like 2
  • Community Super Mods
18 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

The Ana Diaz demo session for the Alien demo had no second verse recorded.

And IF Britney was the one that changed those words on each song, which we don't know, but it's definitely possible, especially those you-ou-ou's that Katy does, even though that wouldn't make her a "lyricist" it's enough to give her a credit, and make those credits valid.

• Love 2

7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Will you marry me? I love how you defend Britney Jean <3 <3 <3

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@Itachi We cannot prove those are stolen credits. Any variation/addition in lyrics, any change in music may warrant a songwriting credit. The final Britney Jean versions often differ from their original demos in terms of lyrics or music. We weren't there during those sessions. Sebastian Ingrosso explained how he got a songwriting credit on Work **** for simply assisting w/ production (he did not write any lyrics nor melodies).

of course we have no way of proving she stole credits, or even if she had a hand in allegedly stealing these credits. and i agree with everything you said. even one changed word should warrant a credit. i must say based on the context of a Britney songwriting style, it is disappointing how despite the album being marketed as personal, ends up getting these controversies about its vocal production and songwriting credits. and these songwriting credits appear to be a response to how she was not involved at anything in FF. then came Glory where she only had like 5 or something credits to her name? if indeed true that she was warranted credits on certain songs such as Tik Tik Boom and Passenger for simply changing a word or a melody, then that is not authentically Britney songwriting style. even in MP, when she added that spoken intro she did not have any credits to her name. but if she approved of that strategy for this album then so be it. it's not like she was the first artist to do so. it's just not authentically Britney.

On 7/16/2020 at 1:01 PM, Lookin4trouble08 said:

Did I miss something?! Intimidated was not a released track?? 

Yes, it was. Back in 2001 and again, in 2009.

“Intimidated” (B-Side song with the single “I’m A Slave 4 U”), 2001. Released and Remastered in 2009 with the album ‘The Singles Collection’, 2009.

:cutesybrit:

• Like 2
  • Twitter Team
On 7/9/2020 at 9:59 PM, Alexa said:

https://www.breatheheavy.com/exhale/index.php?/forums/topic/766647-britneys-confirmed-writing-credits 

I put this together last year too, if you want to include registered songs/unreleased 😊

I remember this thread! 

She wrote a lot for In the Zone and Glory. I know some of the BJ credits are disputed though (Passenger being the most notable). I'm pretty sure she wrote a lot of her unreleased songs that have leaked too (she definitely wrote Rebellion and For My Sister, she wrote the second verse of All That She Wants too) 

Also, Don't Hang Up was a bonus track on international editions of In the Zone :)

• Love 1
  • Like 2