Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Britney’s albums after Blackout have all been lackluster (opinion)

(edited)

Am i the only one who feels this way? Blackout was quite audacious in the way it was made and how they approached pop music and Britney's sound. After 2007, i think they refused to take too much risks musically except for a few instances -How i roll- ... I hope one day Britney will experiment with her sound again. 

Circus felt like a more safe and generic Blackout. 

Femme Fatale was very well produced but aside from How I Roll it almost had no artistic distinction/identity to me. Kesha or Katy Perry could have released that record. It sounded too much like the typical Dr Luke/Max Martin over-produced pop album.

Britney Jean... no comment :chrissy:

Glory, same problem as Femme Fatale, sounded like the typical Selena Gomez/Zara Larsson/Bebe Rehxa tropical house or whatever song. It didn't feel like it had the "Britney Touch". 

Britney needs to go back to her roots or make something that isn't too trend hopping, i mean technically Blackout was very much hopping on trends and it blended well with Timbaland era but it still had progressive and interesting moments. Something that her albums after 2007 lacked. 

82BF36C9-2F6D-40C9-B482-72F70F90411E.jpeg

Edited by Urbanney
🏅 Featured! -Urbanney
  • Love 3
  • Dislike 6
  • Like 11

I have more pleasure listening to Femme Fatale over Blackout anyday. Blackout is overrated as hell by her fans, it's really nothing special to me.

• Love 5
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 8

4 minutes ago, Britneyarmy8 said:

I mean I love femme fatale but I think glory is lackluster and overrated 

Yup, i haven't listened to Glory that much, it's too mid-tempo and chill for me. It lacks something. It's a boring Selena Gomez rejects album. Britney deserves better than that. 

• Love 3
  • Dislike 3
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

I have more pleasure listening to Femme Fatale over Blackout anyday. Blackout is overrated as hell by her fans, it's really nothing special to me.

I like Femme Fatale too, but the music is so over-produced, quantified, manufactured and perfect that it almost feels lifeless at times. You can tell she had almost no involvement in the creative process. And i bet she doesn't like the album that much too. 

1 minute ago, NotLouTaylor said:

I like Femme Fatale too, but the music is so over-produced, quantified, manufactured and perfect that it almost feels lifeless at times. You can tell she had almost no involvement in the creative process. And i bet she doesn't like the album that much too. 

I see what you mean. For me it's the perfect album for working out at the gym, the productions are top notch and it doesn't slow down from start to end, that's what i love about it. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, NotLouTaylor said:

.Femme Fatale was very well produced but aside from How I Roll it almost had no artistic distinction/identity to me.

Don’t forget ‘Don’t Keep Me Waiting’ :chrissy:

• Love 3
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, YannFrance said:

I see what you mean. For me it's the perfect album for working out at the gym, the productions are top notch and it doesn't slow down from start to end, that's what i love about it. 

OOOh yeah definitely! It's perfect for the gym. I guess its appreciation all depends on the mood and context too. 

3 minutes ago, MrPieceOfMe said:

Don’t forget ‘Don’t Keep Me Waiting’ :chrissy:

Underrated track tbh 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

Glory and Britney Jean are a mess. A complete mess. Both filled with Selena and Katylin’s rejects and both fail to deliver a hit. 

I love Circus and I love even more Femme Fatale. It gave us no #1s, controversy and WORLD WIDE tours. :bedtime:

• Love 2
  • Dislike 1

I figure it’s because she was given the most creative freedom on Blackout. From what I can gather her team didn’t have much involvement in the record until after she recorded most of it.
Piece Of Me Hair Flip GIF by Britney Spears

• Love 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

Circus and Femme fatale/glory are far from lack-luster tbh

Compared to Oops, Britney, ITZ and Blackout - they are :chrissy: 

• Love 3
  • Like 6

thats why we want her “conservatorship” to end

to get blackout 2.0 and ITZ 2.0 :parisok:

Actually I prefer Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale and Glory over her first 4 records :mattafact: and her second self titled album :yesokay:.

2 hours ago, NotLouTaylor said:

Britney needs to go back to her roots

I think this is a problem because she's no longer in her 20s and she grew so much as person and artist :britstare11: 

I mostly agree, but maybe I'm less negative. I do enjoy the albums (-BJ)

Circus is a safe album but a good album. 

Femme Fatale's purpose was to be a fun dance record. That's what it is. Not necessarily my favorite album too and kinda dated. But I still enjoy it when I'm in a summery dancey mood.  Also, Don't Keep Me Waiting is a bop and aged well imo

Britney Jean... well we all know how I feel about this one. it's bad

Glory has some experimental tracks and some safe tracks. But Britney's heart was in it again.

I really feel like we'll only get something completely fresh, experimental and something Britney's heart and soul is in once's she's free 

We been knew. B1 to B5 was a streak. :chrissy:

• Love 2
  • Like 2

🦄 💛🧡💜

Circus as an album was meh, it lacked identity and there’s no link between the tracks. you can feel that it’s been quite rushed. 

FF was great, you’d recognize a song from it. it was full of easy bops but she could’ve been more original. it wasn’t a Britney signature sound, you can tell that it’s from 2011 but that’s pretty much it. criminal being the most remembered song from that era shows it greatly: it’s a typical Britney song that can’t be sung by Katy Perry

BJ

Glory had interesting tracks, but sometimes the vocals are quite awful (private show, what you need), she should’ve sang these songs with her natural deep voice (it would’ve worked better). she had been experimenting a little bit more, but the main problem with that record is that it was too trendy. britney is a trend-setter. you can’t expect her album to have any kind of impact when she’s been inspired by a B-list artist that is inspired by her lol. btw, the hook up from ITZ sounds like a glory song. see, britney be a trendsetter. 

that era could’ve been awesome nonetheless, but it was messy from the very beginning.

2 hours ago, Style. said:

Glory and Britney Jean are a mess. A complete mess. Both filled with Selena and Katylin’s rejects and both fail to deliver a hit.

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Circus and Femme fatale/glory are far from lack-luster tbh

Glory isn't a bad album at all, it's just a bit impersonal to me in the way it was made, both artistically and sonically. Like i said, it lacks something that makes you say "Oh this is britney spears". 

It's too safey. The album would have been more interesting if they tried to push the boundaries of its "chill tropical house"/ inspirations. Blackout tried to hop on the whole Timbaland/Nelly Furtado Urban/Electro trend but it still had some interesting "experimental" tracks like Piece Of Me/Radar etc that only Britney could sing.  The way her vocals are processed on Blackout was very interesting in 2007, with the various uses of Melodyne etc, it elevated the album, it was very fresh. Not your typical vocal chain.