Common misconceptions about your country?

Name your country and the common misconceptions that people get wrong about your country/culture.

I'll start...

England:

We all know the Queen :clownery:

That it rains all the time

We only eat Fish and Chips :katyfrog: (we do eat it a lot though :gimmemoar:)

We're all from London:gagasmile:

That England and the UK are the same thing (there's three other countries)

We all sound like the Queen 

InexperiencedAmusedAmericanmarten-size_r

Your turn ;) stereotypes.jpg.c42576de781d4f4615ef6d216aad81ae.jpg

• Love 7

he used to sing me sweet melodies ♫

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

omg this thread flopped so hard i was eager to see the replies. My country has ton and all of them are bad i'm from India -everyone is poor -women are not treated right

Of course not   You guys have Dracula and sparkly vampires 

‘cause I’m a gypsy are you coming with me?  I might steal your clothes  And wear them if they fit me. 

Posted Images

• Exhale+
13 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

omg this thread flopped so hard :imok:

i was eager to see the replies.

My country has ton and all of them are bad

i'm from India:imok:

-everyone is poor

-women are not treated right

-indians are not asians

Same here, welcome to India!

(even tho if the second one is kind of true)

• Indians are not Asians
  • All Indians are smart in math and love it
  • All Indians are vegetarians
  • India is a poor country, despite being one of the fastest developing countries in the world :jeanluc:
  • Indian people cannot speak english
  • Indian cuisine is only curry and rice
  • Everyone is hindu
  • What is sikhism?
  • Life is like bollywood
  • tReE dAncINg

• Love 3

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

14 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wait, they arent? :gtfo:

I was waiting for someone to say this. :cheese: Me too, tbh, and that's mostly because of Geography in school. I'm always surprised by how little a lot of Americans know about geography. Obviously, I might be wrong - that's just from what I've seen. That could just be the American education system that thinks America is at the center of the world. Do Americans even have Geography as a subject? Where I live, we have Geography as a mandatory subject for like 3 years (if not more). But I remember we were legit told to memorize countries by name and location. Not saying that's useful, but I'm certainly not complaining about it because I like knowing trivia and stuff. :)

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
  • Exhale+
Just now, Style. said:

I’m from Romania and everyone thinks it’s a country full of gypsies which is not true. :OMGney:

Of course not

You guys have Dracula and sparkly vampires :jj:

• Haha 9

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

• Exhale+
4 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I was waiting for someone to say this. :cheese: Me too, tbh, and that's mostly because of Geography in school. I'm always surprised by how little a lot of Americans know about geography. Obviously, I might be wrong - that's just from what I've seen. That could just be the American education system that thinks America is at the center of the world. Do Americans even have Geography as a subject? Where I live, we have Geography as a mandatory subject for like 3 years (if not more). But I remember we were legit told to memorize countries by name and location. Not saying that's useful, but I'm certainly not complaining about it because I like knowing trivia and stuff. :)

Well, i am not american but they look very funny when it comes to geography. You can hand me like a full map i will be able to spot 20+ countries (not to brag)

• Haha 1

"Is it the type of disco, I like? :unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red:"

6 minutes ago, Style. said:

I’m from Romania and everyone thinks it’s a country full of gypsies which is not true. :OMGney:

Ugh, I was in Ireland for an exchange program, and the students from Romania were awesome. They gave me some kind of traditional homemade booze - it was really good, and I got lowkey ****faced. :cheese: Also, one of them was super cute, and I had a huge crush on him. I kind of embarrassed myself by getting drunk and telling the cute guy's brother that I liked him. I was mortified the next day. :weusay:

• Haha 3
5 minutes ago, Towelney said:

Of course not

You guys have Dracula and sparkly vampires :jj:

‘cause I’m a gypsy

are you coming with me? 
I might steal your clothes 
And wear them if they fit me. 

oInJid.gif

:jj:

• Love 1
  • Haha 7