Who is bigger? Janet or Britney?

• Exhale+
4 minutes ago, PickleSpears said:

Janet has always toured Europe, Asia, Australia, and parts of Africa just fine, something Britney never has never done. Janet has a worldwide following, especially during her peak decades.

And? Britney had a full tour in Asia and europe and it grossed 53 million dollars, what are you trying to imply?

Britney was mentioned in this list atleast one time! i dont see Janet over here

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Britney lol. This question is a joke. The only bigger celebrities with a bigger impact than her are probably MJ and Madonna. 

Janet is an amazing iconic legend and Britney is very influenced by her, but in terms of fame, Britney is the biggest artist, more famous. Britney is on MJ level when it comes to fame. 2007 is enough

Britney of course. Janet will always be in her Brother's shadow, dead or not. Britney is more popular outside the US than Janet.

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

And? Britney had a full tour in Asia and europe and it grossed 53 million dollars, what are you trying to imply?

Britney was mentioned in this list atleast one time! i dont see Janet over here

Let's see...

11 American Music Awards
11 Billboard Music Awards
9 Guinness Book of World Records
5 Grammys
2 MTV Movie Awards
9 MTV VMAs (including MTV Vanguard back when it actually mattered)
13 Soul Train Music Awards
Nominated for an Academy Award for a song she wrote

But Britney can have her Teen Choice Awards and Radio Disney Awards :deserves:

Just go and have quick look of Janet's chart performance/ even the tour attendance (if you really had to say her tour went well in these past years). Britney got more awards and no.1 single globally, Janet's success was quite limited in US. Remember, the music industry was bigger when Janet was popular, but Britney still got higher sales overall, so.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Jackson_discography

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_Jackson:_Metamorphosis

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_of_the_World_Tour

I love Janet actually,  she inspired many artists and I do believe she is so underrated and her music and visuals promote the development of this industry better than Britney. But when we talk about popularity, shall we just stick to the data, the global popularity cannot be defined only by what we feel personally.

• Like 2
  • Exhale+
2 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

Let's see...

11 American Music Awards
11 Billboard Music Awards
9 Guinness Book of World Records
5 Grammys
2 MTV Movie Awards
9 MTV VMAs (including MTV Vanguard back when it actually mattered)
13 Soul Train Music Awards
Nominated for an Academy Award for a song she wrote

But Britney can have her Teen Choice Awards and Radio Disney Awards :deserves:

I am laughing at yr clownery :hahaha:

Britney has 15 Guinness records and is the 2nd female artist with the highest amount of records broken :shaktongue:

• 15 Guinness records 
  • Hollywood walk of fame
  • MTV Vanguard Award
  • 8 Europe Awards
  • 2 Bambi awards
  • 6 Japan Gold disc awards
  • 3 NRJ awards
  • 4 World Music awards

Janet can laugh all she want when has 203 records, whereas Britney holds 232 awards. :miley:

Stream MATM (Desi Remix) For Clean Kidneys :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Exhale+
2 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

WTF are those , they dont mean sh-t lol what are you 12

Chill with rudeness! My point is that most of these are made from Gen Z

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Britney has 15 Guinness records and is the 2nd female artist with the highest amount of records broken :shaktongue:

• 15 Guinness records 
  • Hollywood walk of fame
  • MTV Vanguard Award
  • 8 Europe Awards
  • 2 Bambi awards
  • 3 NRJ awards
  • 4 World Music awards

Janet can laugh all she want when has 203 records, whereas Britney holds 232 awards. :miley:

byeeeeeeeeeeee

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

janet is definitely iconic, but i think the performance at the superbowl really stunted her success and potential legendary status. which is a shame because she really does deserve it... from what i remember she was blacklisted after that which is really ironic considering justin’s career didn’t suffer at all. he threw her under the bus and put all the blame on her which is bull****.

so britney in reality, but janet deserves all the praise in the world.

• Love 2

I’m obsessed with both of these icons. They both have amazing discographies, but it’s hard to compare because they both peaked at different eras. Britney’s music is fun and ****. But Janet’s music can be fun and **** too, but she’s turned out some major songs that draw attention to social injustices/issues, while providing a real introspective to where she is with her life.

I love both, but when I listen to Janet, I feel like i am learning about her.

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
11 hours ago, PickleSpears said:

byeeeeeeeeeeee

Just to let you know, Janet also performed in the 00 VMA but guess who was the one that was overshadowed? :jj:

Adiossssssssss :arianabye:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Just to let you know, Janet also performed in the 00 VMA but guess who was the one that was overshadowed? :jj:

Adiossssssssss :arianabye:

Oh definitely, I mean Britney has a couple of super iconic VMAs performances. Britney was for sure bigger in 2000. Like I said Janet's reign was 80s-early 00s and her peak was prob 90s. Britney's reign was 99-04 and her peak was 00-01. It's all about timing and # of hits. Their legacies are way different. Janet got the Icon Award from Billboard Music Awards just 2 years ago, Billboard knows what's up.

Janet influenced some of the best artists in the world today like Britney Spears, Beyonce, Usher, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Janelle Monae, Jay-Z, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Robyn, TLC the list goes on. Britney influenced more like Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Janet_Jackson

• Love 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 7/8/2020 at 8:49 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Thing is, Britney is more remembered today. It's likely Britney will be remembered more in the future too. Janet is a legend though.

On 7/8/2020 at 9:19 PM, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm not saying Janet has no influence, I'm saying she's less remembered compared to Britney and tbh, she is sadly less remembered than her peers.

I don't get why some stans always discredit black female artists. 

On 7/9/2020 at 9:50 PM, Blackout2006 said:

• 15 Guinness records 
  • Hollywood walk of fame
  • MTV Vanguard Award
  • 8 Europe Awards
  • 2 Bambi awards
  • 3 NRJ awards
  • 4 World Music awards

Sales not the same as Impact or Talent  lol

On 7/10/2020 at 7:26 PM, PickleSpears said:

Janet influenced some of the best artists in the world today like Britney Spears, Beyonce, Usher, Alicia Keys, Christina Aguilera, Janelle Monae, Jay-Z, Jennifer Lopez, Justin Timberlake, Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Robyn, TLC the list goes on. Britney influenced more like Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_influenced_by_Janet_Jackson

This says it all

Tho they forgot to add Mya, Aaliyah, Teyana Taylor, Janelle Monae, Shakira and Tinashe. 

• Love 1
  • Exhale+
17 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Sales not the same as Impact or Talent  lol

And? Britney has an album inducted onto the Rock of Hall and Fame. Janet doesnt :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

In terms of impact and influence, they are on the same par :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

But this thread point is who is bigger :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

And Britney is 20x bigger than Janet :miley_cyrus_stare_meme:

Thus, Britney :miley_cyrus_stare_meme: