Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trump issues executive order banning TikTok in 45 days if it's not sold by its Chinese parent company

Update:

It appears Trump is banning the app in the very near future. He issued an executive order banning TikTok from the United States unless its sold by its Chinese-owned parent company within the next 45 days.

Microsoft says it's in talks to buy it.

Trump's order alleges TikTok "automatically captures vast swaths of information from its users," such as location data and browsing and search histories, which "threatens to allow the Chinese Communist Party access to Americans' personal and proprietary information -- potentially allowing China to track the locations of Federal employees and contractors, build dossiers of personal information for blackmail, and conduct corporate espionage," CNN reports.

TikTok says this "sets dangerous precedent" undermining "global businesses' trust in the United States" and vowed to pursue all "remedies available," including legal action. 

"We are shocked by the recent Executive Order, which was issued without any due process," the company said. "For nearly a year, we have sought to engage with the US government in good faith to provide a constructive solution to the concerns that have been expressed. What we encountered instead was that the Administration paid no attention to facts, dictated terms of an agreement without going through standard legal processes, and tried to insert itself into negotiations between private businesses."

Earlier:

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a Fox News interview on Monday that the U.S. is “certainly looking at” restricting TikTok and other Chinese social media apps, reviving national security and privacy concerns about China's tech giants, and stoking one front in the Trump administration's trade war with Beijing.

Pompeo said the administration has “worked on this issue for a very long time,” adding that Americans should only download the popular video-sharing app “if you want your private information in the hands of the Chinese Communist Party.”

- Forbes

kim kardashian GIFtiktok-ban.jpg.c076d4fdba66525b93f239826a3c7c15.jpg

Related:

10 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

:omggg: 

my title "Trump is coming for TikTok wig" was better :jl:

• Haha 7
  • Like 1

Good. That app is ****ed. The way it allows very young children to be used as content. I saw this on twitter yesterday and attached was literally a tiktok of like a guy in his 20's getting like a 7 year old girl to look down his pants and make a surprised face. :ugh: wtf 

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Just now, ol123 said:

Good. That app is ****ed. The way it allows very young children to be used as content. I saw this on twitter yesterday and attached was literally a tiktok of like a guy in his 20's getting a 7 year old girl to look down his pants and make a surprised face. :ugh: wtf 

Tiktok doesn't ban that kind of stuff either. :sofedup:

Ugh the USA is so obsessed with monopolizing the world. 

TIKTOK can go die in hell and I'm happy Donald trump in his lifetime years has finally made a good decision. :tongueney:

But guys what about Britney? She's trending in TIKTOK... If we ban tik tok then the views... :crying2:

For ONCE, Donald Trump is doing something right. I can't believe I'm agreeing with something he does. Ew. :jackk:

• Love 2
  • Haha 4
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, OnlyBeyonce said:

my title "Trump is coming for TikTok wig" was better :jl:

Omg :dead:

2 hours ago, Towelney said:

4436B2EF-7E10-4A97-A377-863EAB8BE074.thumb.jpeg.ef51aa6310da1e0353c9828264f3c18a.jpeg

I’m screeching at this photoshop abomination :gloria: 

Just now, Blackout2006 said:

I just joined tik tok 2 days ago :crying1:

I joined back in 2016 :orangu:

old infomercial GIF

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

1 minute ago, Towelney said:

I joined back in 2016 :orangu:

old infomercial GIF

I just started liking tik tok :orangu:

#hashtash #SeTeAcaboTuTikTok

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Apparently Trump‘s banning the app today :tiffanycries:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀