Chromatica has left the Billboard 200 top ten

• Exhale+

With just four weeks in the top ten, what seemed to be a hit sure backfired.

Little Monsters and Gaga herself are used to seeing Gaga stay in the top ten for a month or two. 

Even Joanne lasted longer in the top ten. 

Fans and the press are wondering if Gaga should have waited until she could properly promote an album like Chromatica. It's definitely becoming her first bona fide flop in the US. Even "Rain On Me" wasn't the hit that was expected despite debuting at #1. 

It's also sad that she is no longer the main pop girl, and in this current generation she is out of touch. 

Maybe a hip hop trap album would have been more successful than 90s dance pop? 

gaga-chromatica.jpg.778fbc988f5b36cea96207a092e60613.jpg

I'm the hunter, you're the fox 🦊.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TOTALLY disagree with you @Spicechinodiva 1.) music not the bling. Just because it left the top 10 now versus how Joanne performed... we are in an entirely different era right now. Gaga can't pro

Why are you surprised though? The album did nothing outside of the gay community and Rain On Me gave me HIAM tease *chart wise  At least HIAM did it solo. 

You need to change your username to OnlyLies  

Posted Images

All things considered (covid-19, lackluster first single, delayed release) I think it has done decently well :mattafact: she hasn’t been doing a lot of promo after the release which I’m not understanding :hillary: If I were her I’d release Sour Candy as the next single and then either Replay or Free Woman as the fourth single. She should work on a follow up to release it next summer too because its apparent that this album is going to die soon :jeanluc:

• Love 4
  • Like 5
  • Exhale+
3 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

All things considered (covid-19, lackluster first single, delayed release) I think it has done decently well :mattafact: she hasn’t been doing a lot of promo after the release which I’m not understanding :hillary: If I were her I’d release Sour Candy as the next single and then either Replay or Free Woman as the fourth single. She should work on a follow up to release it next summer too because its apparent that this album is going to die soon :jeanluc:

Even though I don’t rate the album as highly as some members here, I agree with all of this. It’s done okay for an album with no promotion amidst a pandemic. A #1 and a top 5 single, on paper it looks pretty good. 
I hope she does a follow up album as soon as she can promote. I doubt we’ll even get another MV for Chromatica unless the song charts well (by which time, it’ll be too late). Hopefully the stars align for her next album. 2020 just wasn’t the year :yeahsure:

• Like 1

Might I freak ya out, 'magine if I work ya out 😛

1 minute ago, Jordan Miller said:

3.) Chromatica is a stunning body of work. She gave the gays everything they want. She offered a dance album in a time when the world is hurting. Imagine if she waited till next year to release it? That would've made 2020 a lot harder for a lot of us. 

Jordan this is sending me. Chromatica is literally her worst album 

:hahaha:

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

It left the Top 10, at #11, why are you acting as if it dropped entirely from the charts and it's a major commercial failure when it's her best performing album since Born This Way (2011). It's doing just fine considering Gaga hasn't acknowledged the album since its release day, which is beyond tragic and infuriating.

He always makes threads like this...

• Love 3