Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 years ago, the charity single 'Hands' was released to honor the victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting

hands.jpg.c21c5c45bf2e11de91760fd942359305.jpg

On July 6 2016, Hands was released as tribute to victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting. It was written by Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels, and BloodPop, and produced by the latter and Mark Ronson. All of the song's proceeds benefited the families affected during the shooting, and helped cover medical costs and counseling efforts. The song was written a day after the mass shooting occurred.

Interscope Records handled the release, allowing artists to use the studios most convenient to them. In addition to Tranter and Interscope, GLAAD also helped with the single. Proceeds from the song were donated to the Equality Florida Pulse Victims Fund, the GLBT Community Center of Central Florida and GLAAD.

The artists involved in the song were:

• Justin Tranter
  • Julia Michaels
  • Imagine Dragons
  • BloodPop
  • Britney Spears
  • Selena Gomez
  • Mark Ronson
  • Jennifer Lopez
  • Gwen Stefani
  • Kacey Musgraves
  • Jason Derulo
  • Meghan Trainor
  • Juanes
  • P!nk
  • Mary J. Blige
  • Halsey
  • Troye Sivan
  • Ty Herndon
  • Adam Lambert
  • Trans Chorus of Los Angeles
  • MNEK
  • Alex Newell
  • Mary Lambert
  • Prince Royce
  • Jussie Smollett
  • Nate Ruess
  • RuPaul

On June 12, 2016, Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old security guard, killed 49 people and wounded 53 others in a mass shooting inside Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, United States. Orlando Police Department officers shot and killed him after a three-hour standoff.

In a 9-1-1 call made shortly after the shooting began, Mateen swore allegiance to the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and said the U.S. killing of Abu Waheeb in Iraq the previous month "triggered" the shooting. He later told a negotiator he was "out here right now" because of the American-led interventions in Iraq and in Syria and that the negotiator should tell the United States to stop the bombing. The incident was deemed a terrorist attack by FBI investigators.

Pulse was hosting a "Latin Night", and most of the victims were Hispanic. It is the deadliest incident in the history of violence against LGBT people in the United States and the deadliest terrorist attack in the U.S. since the September 11 attacks in 2001. At the time, it was the deadliest mass shooting by a single gunman in U.S. history, being surpassed a year later by the Las Vegas shooting.

Source

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

What's Going On? outsold and outimpacted. 💛🧡💜

VlQ4.gif

#Bisexual #Conservative #Radical #Black #Journalist

#QueenOfCharitySingles #QueenOfActivism #WokeQueen

• Love 1
  • Haha 3

🦄 💛🧡💜

I can’t take this song seriously because all I want to sing is tiny handsssssss tenor.gif?itemid=10752755

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

5 hours ago, Roxxy said:

VlQ4.gif

What in the world are those tags? :queenie:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

^ They're all the words on her blindfold whenever she turns it. :barbie:

🦄 💛🧡💜

10 hours ago, Roxxy said:

VlQ4.gif

True, but I prefer Britney's part on Hands than What's Going On 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

Can we just appreciate the irony of Britney's lyric 

'Can put out fires and make them start'

0_Britney-Spears-Accidentally-Burns-Down

In all seriousness, such a beautiful song and SO here for the message!

we were blessed with these angelic vocals, and the kind of reassurance we needed that Glory wouldn't be a BJ 2.0 situation. Beautiful song too :crying3:

Comeback of Britneys beautiful voice. And begging of Glory hype (at least when it comes to her vocals)

uF1isew.gif

Britney’s vocals on this song were a real treat!