Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Paloma Faith was told to reshoot a music video because of an interracial kiss scene

(edited)

I know people are going to be like "Who", but the world doesn't revolve around America - she's actually been big in the UK for over 10 years now. :rupaulslap: Basically, she recently revealed that she feels her US debut was stunted by the fact that she refused to reshoot her MV for "Only Love Can Hurt Like This" because of an interracial kiss scene.

She was told this by an American industry executive, and the saddest part is that said exec was black himself. He said "This is the best chance we've got at breaking the States with your music career", and "America will not buy a song with a white woman kissing a black man like that."

Then, she replied by saying "I'll break America on my terms."

The exec replied with an "Ok", flew her back to the UK, and she never heard from him again. :idkney:

America being a mess once again, what can I say?! :straddle: Paloma reveals "If I broke America and made loads of money as a consequence of that, knowing that I'd reshot a video to make it not a biracial relationship, I wouldn't be able to live with myself, I don't want that money. It's dirty." :bedtime: Glad she has morals. :lessons:FB_IMG_1593792202650.thumb.jpg.8ffdbb263c3896423bfeee849e36bc04.jpg

Edited by Roxxy
Featured. TEEHEE 💛🧡💜
  • Love 8
  • Like 1

💃🏻 stan of all flop pop girlies 💃🏻

I legit LOL-ed reading that first sentence. :unreal:

🦄 💛🧡💜

Paloma always has a special place in my heart.

this video is of my best friend and his sister and Paloma made that day SO special for them. Unfortunately my best friends sister died a couple of years after it, which is so sad!!

Paloma Faith is pretty famous. The ones who don't know her live under a rock. :idkha:

Props to her for staying true to herself. That makes her more loveable. :gobaby:

Good for her :clap: Thats the way that you align what you preach and what you do

The only era that I followed her was her Fall From Grace album, I love that album:yesplease:

Wow, the picture they put for this topic makes her look like a watered down version of Emma Watson :straddle:

This is unbelievable, especially when this comes from a black person. I’m glad she refused to re-shot the music video, I find it so attractive. Also, this song used to be my absolute favorite when it came out. 💔

And she still hasn’t broken America :mcry: but slayyy at those morals :mimiclap:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

3 hours ago, Roxxy said:

I legit LOL-ed reading that first sentence. :unreal:

That was shade for you :queenie:

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

How do we know the executive is black who said that?

Hollywood is very racist and they need to be exposed. This is a sad story but I’m glad that she didn’t cave into the pressure. Good for  her and this song is a bop

Aside from the issue at hand, the song & the MV is beautiful! Thx for putting me onto her!

i think the exec might’ve felt like America wouldn’t fully support her, when I say America I mean corporate America (some Caucasian). Black people want a seat at the table so I don’t see them having a issue with this. But the Caucasian who don’t get the BLM movement might, ha! 

2 hours ago, OnlyFacts said:

How do we know the executive is black who said that?

Hollywood is very racist and they need to be exposed. This is a sad story but I’m glad that she didn’t cave into the pressure. Good for  her and this song is a bop

She said it herself:

Faith, who grew up in Stoke Newing- ton, was speaking at an Intelligence Squared+ online event last night, and

claimed a “very high-up exec who was African American” told her: “This is the biggest chance we’ve got at breaking the States with your music career”.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/londoners-diary/the-londoner-paloma-a-mixedrace-kiss-stopped-me-breaking-us-a4484221.html

I wonder who this "very high-up exec" is, though. :straddle:

2 hours ago, Brat said:

Who dis :typing:

That’s my line :cheese:

@Jordan Miller can you also make this an emote plz -> :cheese:

🥀 𝔯𝔢𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔦𝔬𝔫 🥀

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Wow, the picture they put for this topic makes her look like a watered down version of Emma Watson :straddle:

Omg, true - it's not flattering at all. Plus, her red hair is like super iconic and something she's known for, which is not showcased in this picture. :typing: But it's fine - can't blame @Roxxy. She probably didn't know who Paloma was considering she doesn't care about irrelevant singers. :yeahhh:

^ I changed the cover photo. Thanks Singy for providing the photo. :kidcries:

🦄 💛🧡💜

7 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

He said "This is the best chance we've got at breaking the States with your music career", and "America will not buy a song with a white woman kissing a black man like that."

what :didilie:

and this is a recent song :icant2:

I want to show you the different sides of Britney Spears. I am a performer. I am a Mom. I am funny. I am your friend! I am Britney Jean

27 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

What label is she on/who releases her music in the US? Was it LA Reid? Sounds like some dumb ish he would say.

LA Reid was my first thought too, tbh. :cheese: